Artemis12 - Take Number ... oh I forget

Welp, this challenge I will be having the same goals as my last challenge. It went horribly, but I think I know why. My goals for this challenge are:

1. Chin-ups during my workouts three times a week.

2. Handstands everyday.

3. Stretching after every workout and every run.

Life Goal - I will stop what ever I am doing and turn the lights out at 10:30 and be in bed by 10:45. The last week of the last challenge went decently on this front. Having an alarm set for each of those times has helped tremendously.

I think that... scratch that ... I know that this challenge will be so much better than the last challenge.

This is gonna be fun!

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Yeah, the thing that really messed up last challenge was that all my goals were scheduled around my part-time work schedule and for almost two months switched me up to full-time with overtime. That seriously stressed me out and I wasn't able to get a lot of my goals done. Now, the only schedule stuff I have is for school, which won't change like my work schedule did. Something I am immensely grateful for. :)

As for the sleeping though, I had other priorities that I placed first. Not necessarily a good idea, because once the allotted time came and went I said might as well stay up longer and I wouldn't got to sleep until midnight. Remembering to stretch and not being too lazy to get the pull-up bar out are probably gonna be my two next biggest worries. The handstands I was pretty consistent with, but I do need to practice for longer periods of time. That's what I'm gonna focus more on for the handstands this go 'round.

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Looks like you have a fair bit of insight abut last time.

Anything you can ptu in place to remind you to stretch or do your pulls ups?

Good luck xx

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Looks like you have a fair bit of insight abut last time.

Anything you can ptu in place to remind you to stretch or do your pulls ups?

Good luck xx

For the pullups I have joined a PVP pullup challenge, so the constant notifications that appear in my email should remind me of that. :) As far as the stretching goes though, I have no idea. I just get distracted and go do something else, like today.

Aight cool. As long as you learn and fine tune the challenge.  I always do my workouts in the morning so I don't feel like I still need to get that done after I put in a day's worth of school/work.

Best of luck to ya.

Thanks. I have to do my workouts and runs in the morning before breakfast. If I have anything more than a few sips of water in my stomach I feel like I'm going to throw-up. On Sunday's when I have my Parkour class at 2:00 I have breakfast at 8:00 - 9:00 usually and I don't have lunch until after the class.

I didn't go to sleep on time last night. I missed the allotted time and stayed up till midnight. When I sat down on my bed at midnight I sat on the cat. She ended up taking up 2/3 of my pillow and I had the teeny tiny 1/3 of the pillow. I was stuck laying on my side for who knows how long. I was awoken at some point in the night by my 4 year old sister trying to climb in bed with me. I tried to get her to go back to her room but it didn't work. The cat, thankfully, left the bed and I got 1/4 of the bed while my sister got 3/4. At least I was laying on my other side. Somehow she fell out of my bed. I have no idea how, but she just got right back in and went back to sleep. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night. It's amazing how little kids can fling their various limbs everywhere. That's what I get for not going to bed on time, I guess. :)

• Like 3

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

So far I've only missed on day of sleep and that was because of school work, I've done all my stretching plus a little extra on one day. My chin-ups are not where I want them but they are getting better. I've been concentrating on the negatives, and the top of the negatives are great, but the bottom part is still severely lacking. The handstands are coming along nicely. I've been doing them against the wall and holding as long as I can with good form, and without falling on my face. :)

So all-in-all pretty great.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

I know exactly what you mean. I'm reading this while in my bed with hubby, the 6 year old, and the 3 year old. Daddy (who is already passed out and could sleep through a hurricane) said we could have a sleepover....tomorrow should be fun

• Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Welp, this morning I really really didn't want to run so I went for a bike ride. That was hard work. I so did not expect it to be so difficult. After my runs I'm just overall tired, but I can walk fine. After this bike ride I felt like I was about to fall over. But it was fun. Seriously, I haven't ridden a bike in years.

Yesterday I didn't do my workout, it just didn't feel right. But last night, at 10:00 pm, I went ahead a did my handstands and chin-ups, and, since that was the closest thing to a workout I did, I stretched afterwards. So, I just barely managed to get all of my goals done yesterday. Wahoo!

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Welp, this morning I really really didn't want to run so I went for a bike ride. That was hard work. I so did not expect it to be so difficult. After my runs I'm just overall tired, but I can walk fine. After this bike ride I felt like I was about to fall over. But it was fun. Seriously, I haven't ridden a bike in years.

Yesterday I didn't do my workout, it just didn't feel right. But last night, at 10:00 pm, I went ahead a did my handstands and chin-ups, and, since that was the closest thing to a workout I did, I stretched afterwards. So, I just barely managed to get all of my goals done yesterday. Wahoo!

Are you getting enough to eat for fuel?  How are you sleeping?  Listen to your body, if exhausted, take a break!

• Like 1

Actually, I haven't been sleeping well for the past four or five days. I would get the quantity of sleep that I need, just not the quality. We found out today that the probiotics that I have been taking in the mornings and in the evenings have been affecting my sleep. Turns out that the healthier you are the more energy it gives you, so taking it at night is not a good idea when you want deep sleep. I am, from now on, going to only take it in the morning.

As far as the fueling up goes, throughout the day I get plenty of food. However, I have to workout and do my runs on an empty stomach or I feel as if I'm about to throw-up. If I have more than a few sips of water before I go out I feel as if I'm about to throw-up. On Sundays I have a Parkour lesson at 2:00. On those days I eat breakfast somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 and I don't eat "lunch" until 3:00 to 3:30. I tried eating lunch twice on those days and I will never do it again. Even something as light as a protein shake would give me the same feeling.

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Actually, I haven't been sleeping well for the past four or five days. I would get the quantity of sleep that I need, just not the quality. We found out today that the probiotics that I have been taking in the mornings and in the evenings have been affecting my sleep. Turns out that the healthier you are the more energy it gives you, so taking it at night is not a good idea when you want deep sleep. I am, from now on, going to only take it in the morning.

As far as the fueling up goes, throughout the day I get plenty of food. However, I have to workout and do my runs on an empty stomach or I feel as if I'm about to throw-up. If I have more than a few sips of water before I go out I feel as if I'm about to throw-up. On Sundays I have a Parkour lesson at 2:00. On those days I eat breakfast somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 and I don't eat "lunch" until 3:00 to 3:30. I tried eating lunch twice on those days and I will never do it again. Even something as light as a protein shake would give me the same feeling.

I am the same way.  If I eat before a workout I feel heavy even if it is protein shake.  Bananas are sometimes ok. 

• Like 1

Well, this week went really down hill. Okay, maybe not that much, but still.

I got all of my chin-up sessions in, but they aren't progressing ... at all.

I missed all but one or two of my stretching.

I only did one day of handstands.

And I so far I've only gotten to bed on time on two occasions. Most of those were due to school work I had to finish, but one definitely was because I just didn't care. Thursday night, the first night all week that I got to bed on time my little sister climbs into bed with me. While I was in bed and asleep on time I still didn't get any rest.

I'm still having trouble finding a workout that I enjoy. Everything I've tried is fine for two or three weeks, but it's often a struggle getting the motivation to do it.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

This morning I went for a run and did a small workout afterwards (I found a workout program that I'm really enjoying right now), and this afternoon I got my mom to do a small workout and it was hilarious. She has been saying for months how she needs to exercise, and last week I found a low impact bodyweight program which has some pretty simple exercises. So, this afternoon, after lunch, I did the first one with her. If I hadn't "encouraged" her she never would have done it. But the whole experience was very fun.

Oh, and my sleep goal is just about out the window. I really need to go to bed on time tonight. Going to sleep after midnight almost all week is beginning to take its toll, but considering I'm only staying up for school work, I'm not too disappointed.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Well, this challenge went down the drain. I was attempting the chin-ups until the last week and a half, but school cut into that big time. This one gets a C. My handstand practice I pretty much did almost every day, however most of the practice, until lately, has been hardly anything worthwhile. This one gets a B. My stretching sucked. This gets a plain F. And I haven't gone to bed before 11:30 for the past two and a half weeks, staying up till midnight on multiple occasions. This weekend doesn't count because I didn't get off my plane until 10:30 on Friday and the Saturday party didn't end until 2:00 AM. But for the rest of the time is was partly due to school work and mostly because I no longer cared. I was far more interested in finishing my drawings. This one also gets an F. There were some things that I did apart from the challenge that went particularly well that I'm hoping will help with the next challenge.

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge