ElvenEngineer Eats ALL THE THINGS!

elvenengineer

So I just completed my entry for yesterday in My Fitness Pal, and it gave me an error message that said 'You are likely not eating enough'.  When an program that is clearly designed to help people lose weight tells you that you aren't eating enough, LISTEN! (In my defense, I've been feeling like I'm getting a cold, which kills my appetite. But still. I really need to eat more than 1,000 calories a day.)

Okay, so I'm ElvenEngineer. I'm a 22 year old female grad student in civil/structural engineering. Contrary to the above, I am not trying to lose weight. I am quite comfortable at 135#, size 2 pants, and size 4 shirts (because biceps - duh).  My problems with eating are that I forget about it.  No bueno.  If I track MFP throughout the day, I'm better at knowing where I am, and am better able to hit goals.

My goals this challenge will be focused on food. Because who doesn't love food?

You know who does love food? HOBBITS!  I promise there will be gifs. Many gifs. (I think I always promise this. I might fail on the gifs.)

200.gif

Quest 1:
Track in MFP. Like seriously. It isn’t that hard.  JUST DO IT SILLY. No calorie things, though I would like to be 1500+ every day. At least.
Track ALL the food for 5/7 days= A [+4 STA]
Track ALL the food for 4/7 days= B [+3 STA]
Track ALL the food for 3/7 days= C [+2 STA]
Track ALL the food for 2/7 days = D [+1 STA]
Track NONE of the food = F

200.gif

Quest 2: 
Get at least 75g of protein a day. Bonus points for >100g.  
Eat ALL the protein for 5/7 days= A [+4 STR]
Eat ALL the protein for 4/7 days= B [+3 STR]
Eat ALL the protein for 3/7 days= C [+2 STR]
Eat ALL the protein for 2/7 days= D [+1 STR]
Eat NONE of the protein = F

hobbit-food.gif?w=300&h=152

Quest 3:
Try one new (dairy-free) recipe a week(ish).  I will be buying a cookbook to make this easier.
Cook 6/6 new recipes this challenge = A [+4 CON]
Cook 5/6 new recipes this challenge = B [+3 CON]
Cook 4/6 new recipes this challenge = C [+2 CON]
Cook 3/6 new recipes this challenge = D [+1 CON]
Cook <3 new recipes = F

200.gif

Life Quests: 
-Toast Masters meetings [+1 CHA for each meeting attended (Max +3)]
-Don’t slack off on thesis
-Keep putting 20%+ into savings
-etc. etc. 

second-breakfast.gif

Dairy-free reasoning: Basically, it makes me feel bad. I haven't had a migraine since I cut it out, and I am feeling generally better. Good enough for me! I'm not vegan, I eat meat. I just don't eat/drink dairy.  No, I haven't gone to the doctor. I might, when I have free time (which is non-existent). Rather than spend time specifying what in dairy my body doesn't like, it's faster and simpler to just avoid it altogether.

• Like 6

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

...interesting. You have had migraines until cutting out dairy? I'm listening. 

Here for the killing it with MFP! 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

@ Urgan - I've had migraines every two weeks since.... early April of this year?  Monthly before that for the last 3-4 years. When they started getting more frequent, over the counter meds also stopped working. I couldn't find a prescription medication that didn't have obnoxious side effects, but side effects > migraine.  So I dealt with it, and a migraine basically knocked me out of commission for a minimum of 2 days.

I didn't connect it to the diary until Monday of this week. I got a new cookbook in the mail (Go Dairy Free), and she mentions how it helped her migraines.  I then realized I haven't had a migraine in over a month, which is conveniently when I cut out dairy. 

I'm not saying dairy caused the migraines (I'm not a doctor), but I do think it is interesting.

@ Urgan - I've had migraines every two weeks since.... early April of this year?  Monthly before that for the last 3-4 years. When they started getting more frequent, over the counter meds also stopped working. I couldn't find a prescription medication that didn't have obnoxious side effects, but side effects > migraine.  So I dealt with it, and a migraine basically knocked me out of commission for a minimum of 2 days.

I didn't connect it to the diary until Monday of this week. I got a new cookbook in the mail (Go Dairy Free), and she mentions how it helped her migraines.  I then realized I haven't had a migraine in over a month, which is conveniently when I cut out dairy. 

I'm not saying dairy caused the migraines (I'm not a doctor), but I do think it is interesting.

Okay, when I was at my old job, I would reliably have migraines every two weeks and they lasted precisely 3 days, first two days were hell and the third was half strength pain. Now it's once a month and it's only KOs me for a day...

This is some fascinating intel.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

FOOD EVERYWHERE!

food-everywhere-545x331.jpg

But that is one thing I find great about MFP:  I can check it at the end of the day and decide what else I need to eat.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

But that is one thing I find great about MFP:  I can check it at the end of the day and decide what else I need to eat.

Looks like Woody might be on a cut...

• Like 3

I live for 8pm when I finalize MFP for the day and see if I have enough cals left for a bowl of Lucky Charms and a beer.

A lot of times I forget to log until it's past my "no electronics" time. So then I just guess. I need to get more consistent about it

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I'm always down for more food

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Food is always good :)

Today's workout:

Squats: 5 @ 45, 5/5/5 @ 65

OHP: 5 @ 45, 5/5/5 @ 50

35 second plank

So I definitely have a cold. This was way too hard. I felt feverish the whole time. So I called it when I had trouble loading the bar with 45's to deadlift.

Gifs coming soon, I promise!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I got my doctorate from Google-U, so you should take what I say as gospel truth* - it's possible the migraines come from the inflammation that is caused by the dairy. Dairy junks up my sinuses and I end up with headaches if I don't netti immediately.  Weirdness. but yeah.  

*do not take what I say as gospel truth. i have no idea what I'm doing. 

This tracking thing is going well. I have already eaten more today, at the end of lunch, then I did all day yesterday!

FOOD EVERYWHERE!

Damn! Same beat me to it! 

I know that face, Woody. That's the face I'm making reading all these EAT MORE FOOD! challenges when I definitely do NOT need to eat more food. Le sigh. 

Hi!  Awesome new challenge!! Glad you'll be eating more! I will live vicariously!   

RE tracking - since I batch cook and eat pretty much the same things during the work week I track in advance.  That way I have a good idea of how much I have left when it's late and I don't want to get on my computer and deal with livestrong (most obnoxious site ever).  It's pretty effective.  

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

O hi!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I live for 8pm when I finalize MFP for the day and see if I have enough cals left for a bowl of Lucky Charms and a beer.

eblqa.jpg

• Like 8

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

Well that almost never happens to me... After seeing all the "eat more food" challenges I'm now tempted to start bulking instead of cutting!

...somethingsomethingDarkSide...

• Like 5