18ck's Dirty Thirty

18ck

Speaking of Flyer, she has been reading Gabby Douglas's biography for inspiration. It's a bit odd with its religious bent and apparent acceptance of social inequality, and of course all the American spelling, but she's really impressed by GD's determination and skills. She has been doing a lot of exercise and dance training too. Tons of core work. Definitely more of an assassin than a Scout, I think.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

lol

I think you'll find the correct spelling is "loul"

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Yesterday: faaaaaaaast running

Today: slo-o-o-ow rowing

Today: Heeaaavy lifting. First time for quite a while.

I think I like lifting DOMS even more than running DOMS. It ruined me for circuits today though. I was pathetic.

Still eating pretty close to whole 30. Like today I had some chicken that I think had a little sugar in the barbecue sauce but apart from that everything was wholly orthodox. I have picked some sloes in anticipation of less orthodox fare near to Christmas though. BWAHAHAAA!

• Like 1

Ooh, ooh, race pic.

85bc8287fa9d2938583082c18703a399.jpg

Sweet picture!

I think I like lifting DOMS even more than running DOMS. It ruined me for circuits today though. I was pathetic.

Still eating pretty close to whole 30. Like today I had some chicken that I think had a little sugar in the barbecue sauce but apart from that everything was wholly orthodox. I have picked some sloes in anticipation of less orthodox fare near to Christmas though. BWAHAHAAA!

I like running DOMS more since I barely ever get it.

• Like 2

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Sorry I have been an absentee stalker of late. I'm here to warn you of my return to your world of action, intrigue, and English foolery!

*waves*

No worries, I've been an absentee everything this time, in my own little world. It's good to see you here though.

• Like 1

Sweet picture!

I like running DOMS more since I barely ever get it.

Mm, given the distances you run I guess there's not much that can overtax your muscles!
  • Like 1

So today was to be my big 5k PB attempt after 6 weeks of being speedy and losing weight. Unfortunately I had a... Ahem... Digestive situation that necessitated stopping at about 4.8k, which was frustrating but that was 24 and a half minutes in, so I guess if I hadn't stopped then I would have been a little over 25 minutes, which is like 2 or 3 minutes faster than at the start of the challenge. So, I count this as a huge improvement. I'm a lot thinner too. I know we're not quite at the end of the challenge yet, but unless I spend all tomorrow drinking vodka, eating chocolate cake and smoking crack, I'm on course for points. Ka-ching!

• Like 2

Yay!

Sorry about the poo. Definitely shy away from the rich stuff for a bit, yeah? Rest and recovery, I'm happy to hear you did well in the race and lost the weight. DO you feel good at your new weight?

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

There wasn't any actual... Well, you know. It just seemed prudent to... Well, anyway.

So today was to be my big 5k PB attempt after 6 weeks of being speedy and losing weight. Unfortunately I had a... Ahem... Digestive situation that necessitated stopping at about 4.8k, which was frustrating but that was 24 and a half minutes in, so I guess if I hadn't stopped then I would have been a little over 25 minutes, which is like 2 or 3 minutes faster than at the start of the challenge. So, I count this as a huge improvement. I'm a lot thinner too. I know we're not quite at the end of the challenge yet, but unless I spend all tomorrow drinking vodka, eating chocolate cake and smoking crack, I'm on course for points. Ka-ching!

Wow, that's a big increase in pace!

• Like 1

DO you feel good at your new weight?

I'm definitely enjoying being lighter and having more room in my clothes. Better yet, I feel like I'm in good habits, which is especially useful pleasing at the stage of work I'm in right now. Normally when I'm this busy I go all to hell but I'm eating well, making progress, haven't drunk any booze in weeks. Rice with today's dinner was the most decadent going I've done since starting whole 30 like 7 or 8 weeks ago. Got to make use of the momentum before Christmas comes along and fucks it all up!
  • Like 1

Wow, that's a big increase in pace!

*smugface*

Legs so fast your intestines can't keep up :)

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Deservedly so! I have tried for a long time to get my 5km time much below 30 mins :redface:

Intervals, old chap, intervals. That is the key!

(oh and thanks for the flattery - it's always welcome!)

Legs so fast your intestines can't keep up :)

*snort*

Yes, I think you've summed up my problem right there!

OK, end of challenge review of goals:

It has been furiously busy at work, so I'm inclined to give myself a lot of credit for not simply sinking into apathy and dissolution like I usually do at these kinds of times in the project lifecycle. Anyway, specific points:

Finish the Whole30 (first three weeks of the challenge) -> Yes, and carried on for well over a week afterwards and remain in pretty close to the same diet even now. My weight is way down and pleasingly, I'm not finding the lack of carbs is particularly impacting my energy levels while running. A++
Run three times a week at least - short, fast, approx 5k. -> Um.. I didn't keep count and it might not have been 3 times a week every week but I reckon it averaged out to that and most importantly I have made a lot of progress in speed over 5k A+
Do *something* every day - mostly diamond Push-ups but so long as I don't have a lazy day, no worries. -> I think I've only been about 5.5 days a week on average, probably. Again, not counting. My diamond push-ups are coming along nicely. I can do five sets and hit about 30 in total, which is maybe 4 times as many reps as I could do at the start. Call this a B
Portuguese daily -> Basically, no. I've hardly had time to read books, let alone focus on expanding my brain. F

Bonus awesomeness
Volunteer as a helper at Park Run -> Not done
Do the Bear Grylls Survival Race on Oct 3 with the whole family -> Done. Smashed.
Learn to ride a horse (1 day lesson at local school) . Yes, I'm finally bloody doing this! -> I finally bloody did that!

I'm claiming a level up

+3 CON for whole 30

+3 STA for running

+2 STR for dianmond pushups and stuff

Zero WIS and CHA for the portuguese 

+1 WIS for not going to hell in project turmoil

+1 CHA and +1 DEX for the bonus activities

That's 11 points in total. It's a bit of a cheat because I didn't specify points totals at the start of the challenge but I feel like I'vea earned those so until the scout internal auditors catch up with me, that can stand.

And again, very sorry for being such an antisocial git this challenge and not visiting anyone in their threads, even my closest freinerds. I don't know that I'll be much better next time either but when this project finishes, normal service will be resumed.

*salutes*

• Like 1

I'm definitely enjoying being lighter and having more room in my clothes. Better yet, I feel like I'm in good habits, which is especially useful pleasing at the stage of work I'm in right now. Normally when I'm this busy I go all to hell but I'm eating well, making progress, haven't drunk any booze in weeks. Rice with today's dinner was the most decadent going I've done since starting whole 30 like 7 or 8 weeks ago. Got to make use of the momentum before Christmas comes along and fucks it all up!

That's fantastic, 18ck! I know diet has been rollercoaster-like for you for awhile, especially with work's crazy schedule so I'm really happy to hear you have a good run going.

:onthego:  :pride:

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

28ck us my dad. Thanks, I think it would be fun to hang out with you too.

How are you doing? I'm embarrassed to say I don't think I've so much as looked at another person's challenge this time.

And again, very sorry for being such an antisocial git this challenge and not visiting anyone in their threads, even my closest freinerds. I don't know that I'll be much better next time either but when this project finishes, normal service will be resumed.

*salutes*

Go and read mine. I've kept it short especially for you. Honest Guv.

Well done. Love your photo. I'm not sure if I like BG or if he's an annoying cocky shit.

Go and read mine. I've kept it short especially for you. Honest Guv.

Well done. Love your photo. I'm not sure if I like BG or if he's an annoying cocky shit.

Yes, I think he* probably is. I don't watch enough TV to have formed an opinion but generally speaking, people who want their name printed on everything tend to be a bit megalomaniacal. I can think of worse people to idolise though, so I'm not too bovvered.

*= for anyone just tuning in, the BG we're referring to is an ex-special forces**, insect-eating nutcase called Bear Grylls who organised the survival race... I thought I'd make that clear in case anyone thought there was some malicious slander going on against one of the other contributors to this thread, whose first initials are BG. To the best of my knowledge, BG Van Bur has never been in special forces, eaten an insect or demanded to have his name emblazoned on merchandise for an entire race. Also, he is unambiguously great.

**=I proofread this and found autocorrect had changed it to "existential forces" I love that. Yes, he was in the Sartre Angst Service.

"Ready Corporal?"

"Hell is other people, sir, so let's send some other people to hell!"

*throws grenade*