NotSoNerdyNerd: Keep calm and get your fitness on

Blonde-E

I have thrown in the towel on waiting to reply to people when I get home and can use a computer and multiquote. So sorry to bombard you all with a gazillion posts. Ita just so much easier to quote one at a time from my phone.

Haha yeah I've basically done the same thing.  Plus it makes your post count so much higher...

So yesterday was a weird day. I was fighting my cold and also being grumpy about work. So I kinda went nuts eating trying to make myself feel better. Surprisingly I still ended with a deficit despite my crazy grazing once I went home. Not a big deficit but still a deficit. I feel a little sense of acconplishment that I was mindful enough to make a deficit happen. I also managed to yoga and two seperate fitness activites so in all it was a successful day though it doesnt feel like it.

Little victories are nice - well done on staying within your deficit and getting your yoga and fitness in!  That's a lot more than I could do if I were home sick with a cold.  Hope you feel 100% soon enough!

Level 10 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 19.25 | DEX 12 | STA 22.75 | CON 38 | WIS 21 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 CURRENT: 12

Played some soccer tonight. Double header actually. Got double charlie horse in the middle of thw first game that was brutal. Also didnt eat enough today. A rare occurance with me but it happened. Proper run down of week 1 to come.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

Little victories are nice - well done on staying within your deficit and getting your yoga and fitness in!  That's a lot more than I could do if I were home sick with a cold.  Hope you feel 100% soon enough!

How do you always come up with awesome things to say? I'll just second that ;)

Double header actually. Got double charlie horse in the middle of thw first game that was brutal.

See, I don't even know what this means :P

Also didnt eat enough today. A rare occurance with me but it happened.

I have a tendency to eat too little when I don't plan for it. MFP has warned me to stay over 1000 calories a few times already. Was there any reason for the unplanned fasting?

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Lol I had an unhealthy relationship with butter as a small child. I guess I used to steal sticks from the fridge and eat it like a popsicle while hiding from my mom. Its only fitting that I would put so much butter on a piece of toast...and now I may have offically said too much.

I used to have butter on plain saltine crackers.  And sometimes slices of american cheese on crackers.  Popsicle? Eh.... I hope you're in no way related to my brother-in-law.  That guy gets more butter trapped in his mustache than butter I eat nowadays...

Still waiting for that proper run down of week 1....

giphy.gif

Hope you had a great weekend!

Uh oh...someone is keeping me honest

Week 1 recap coming up!

Deficit days: -3366 grade B this is an estimate based on my tdee becuase my fitbit spent the weekend amd today in the bottom of my soccer bag. I bet I actually hit the A grade of -3500 but no A for those who cant wear their fitbit!

Yoga: 165 minutes which really equals 2 days of yoga, though i didnt count all the random calf stretches i did over the weekend thanks to my charlie horse episode. That gets me a C grade. I still need to step this up. I read that 6 hours for 6 weeks will get you good flexibily results.

Fitness time: A 4/4 on my attempts to be fit. It wont always be this easy so I have stay on top of this.

Focus Boost: lol yeah...things are getting dangerously bad here at work. Cross your fingers and send positive thoughts that some changes occur soon. I have an interview internally tomorrow. But there has been a mass exodous to out competitors going on here and from what people have told me I might be stupid for staying put. I will update as soon as I have more news

• Like 1

Current Challenge

See, I don't even know what this means :P

I have a tendency to eat too little when I don't plan for it. MFP has warned me to stay over 1000 calories a few times already. Was there any reason for the unplanned fasting?

Double header - back to back soccer games, we had about 5 minutes between games. We only had 2 girls so I had to play the full 2 hours ughhh I was dead

Charlie Horse- wicked muscle spasm typcially in your legs. Mine were in my calfs and feel like the muscle has folded over on its self it gets so tight. Last time it was so bad I spent an hour screaming unable to move becuase every movement means new pain. Thankfully my team pulled me up before I was incapacitated, but my legs are still sore from the event.

Friday I have an early morning staff meeting. It seriously the earliest I go to work all week. So I dodnt get breakfast. Then just as I was about to head off for an early lunch and friend messaged me and told me he was out at my facility for some testing. So I went to hang out with him for several hours. Thankfully he shared some jerky with me. So I didnt get a proper meal until 1:30pm. So I wasmt hungry before soccer and I wanted to go to a local festival for dinner anyways. So dinner didnt happen until after 2 hours of soccer and shower. Fasting is a very rare thing for me. I am usualy a rather unpleasent person to be around if I am not fed regularly, but Friday was quite the exception.

Current Challenge

Uh oh...someone is keeping me honest

Week 1 recap coming up!

Deficit days: -3366 grade B this is an estimate based on my tdee becuase my fitbit spent the weekend amd today in the bottom of my soccer bag. I bet I actually hit the A grade of -3500 but no A for those who cant wear their fitbit!

Yoga: 165 minutes which really equals 2 days of yoga, though i didnt count all the random calf stretches i did over the weekend thanks to my charlie horse episode. That gets me a C grade. I still need to step this up. I read that 6 hours for 6 weeks will get you good flexibily results.

Fitness time: A 4/4 on my attempts to be fit. It wont always be this easy so I have stay on top of this.

Focus Boost: lol yeah...things are getting dangerously bad here at work. Cross your fingers and send positive thoughts that some changes occur soon. I have an interview internally tomorrow. But there has been a mass exodous to out competitors going on here and from what people have told me I might be stupid for staying put. I will update as soon as I have more news

Oooh good thoughts coming your way!  I'm in kiiinda a similar situation - my awesome small company just got bought out by a huge international corperation and a lot of people are fleeing...  I'm wondering if it's time to jump ship myself.  Best of luck with your interview, hopefully you see some positive changes coming your way!

Overall, sounds like you had a solid start to week 1!  Congrats on that 4/4 fitness in particular!  

Lol I had an unhealthy relationship with butter as a small child. I guess I used to steal sticks from the fridge and eat it like a popsicle while hiding from my mom. Its only fitting that I would put so much butter on a piece of toast...and now I may have offically said too much.

I also had a problem with butter (or margarine, rather) when I was a kid. I would just open the door of the fridge and scrape some off a block with my finger and walk off though rather than taking it away to eat it.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: Current, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

I also had a problem with butter (or margarine, rather) when I was a kid. I would just open the door of the fridge and scrape some off a block with my finger and walk off though rather than taking it away to eat it.

I've never had them but my boyfriend tells stories with glowing eyes about something called a "shameonyou" (Schämdich): a pat of butter coated in sugar. It must have been the ultimate delight when he was a kid ;)

Congrats on a great week 1. I kinda wish you hand't enlightend me on those football terms, they sound... unpleasant ;)

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, sounds like a tricky situation you're in at work. Keep us updated :)

I've never had them but my boyfriend tells sth glowing eyes about somethBriniel thing called a "shameonyou" (Schämdich): a pat of butter coated in sugar. It must when he was a kid ;)

Congrats on a geat week 1. I kinda wish you hand't enlightend me on those football terms, they sound... unpleasant ;)

I'm sending positive thoughts your way, sounds like a tricky situation you're in at work. Keep us updated :)

I have never heard of a shameonyou, but I have been known to start making choclate chip cookies and only get as far as mixing the butter, sugar and vanilla before noming more than half of it :orange: Hehe my cholestrol should be a lot higher than it is lol

Thanks for the positive thoughts. The interview was...interesting. The one manager they brought in to round out the interview team was very effective at identifying my flaws and exploiting them. I really hope something good comes from this interview, becuase i dont think i can stand spending much more time with my current group.

Current Challenge

I have never heard of a shameonyou, but I have been known to start making choclate chip cookies and only get as far as mixing the butter, sugar and vanilla before noming more than half of it :orange: Hehe my cholestrol should be a lot higher than it is lol

Thanks for the positive thoughts. The interview was...interesting. The one manager they brought in to round out the interview team was very effective at identifying my flaws and exploiting them. I really hope something good comes from this interview, becuase i dont think i can stand spending much more time with my current group.

Ugh, what's the point in that? Everyone has flaws that can be blown up to look like they'll have huuuge impact, if one focuses on that. Why not focus on one's strengths and how those can be beneficial for the company? Way more pleasant for everyone and worthwile in the long run, I would think. I hope you're okay and it will turn into something good for you.

Interviews are not fun... I just had one a couple of weeks ago.  I did move on to the 'next round' which sounds weirdly ominous. 

I thought I bombed it, but apparently they liked me enough to invite me for another interview.

I think sometimes they're just trying to see how you react to different things. I hope it works out for you!

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

I've never had them but my boyfriend tells stories with glowing eyes about something called a "shameonyou" (Schämdich): a pat of butter coated in sugar. It must have been the ultimate delight when he was a kid ;)

364ac95c3cf223837796ba56b42eb860.jpg

That's a bummer - I had an interview like that and it was really painful.  Hopefully everyone else on the interview team recognized what he was doing and can look past it.  I agree with Briniel, they should be looking at your strengths and what you bring to the team.  Hope it works out!

364ac95c3cf223837796ba56b42eb860.jpg

That's a bummer - I had an interview like that and it was really painful. Hopefully everyone else on the interview team recognized what he was doing and can look past it. I agree with Briniel, they should be looking at your strengths and what you bring to the team. Hope it works out!

That cat sums up the butter talk perfectly lol.

Thanks for the support on the interview. I agree that they should have focused on me and my strengths and how I handled the situation in question not what some old manager who is a known terrible boss thought was going on. I am hoping that the senior manager who is one of my mentors will stand up for me and be understanding when it comes to their decision. Before the interview he and the hiring manager seemed really excited about bringing me in so hopefully I didnt blow it.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Okay honesty time....I have not done anything challenge related this week, and with the exception of a possible yoga session and soccer tomorrow I dont think I will. I have not even weighed myself or looked my fitbit or mfp.

I know, this isn't good or healthy but its what has happened. With everything weighing on me at work, I think its safe to say I have been a little depressed this week. Anyways maybe I will turn it around this weekend and do intend to start fresh next week. But im calling this week a total loss.

Current Challenge

Interviews and work stress are definitely enough to trigger depression and cause a week to be total loss. I look forward to hearing you get back in the swing of things, though!

Level 2 Adventurer of Dubious Reality
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 3.6 | CON 3.2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Introductory Post

Drop a Person Quest - lose 159 lbs.    Start: 309.7   Current: 280    Loss: 29.7

18.6%
18.6%

Current ChallengeRecruit Challenge - 2 

Challenge 2.1 starts... NOW!

Meal Time: 0/5 weeks planned

0%
0%

Time to Get Up: 0/36 workouts

0%
0%

Buffy Time: 1/34 episodes

2.9%
2.9%

Temps Française: 0/8 des heures

0%
0%

We all have weeks like that; mine usually hits around week four or five. The important thing is starting fresh next week and not falling off the wagon. Sounds like you've recognized that you have been back sliding and are course correcting already. Enjoy the yoga session and soccer, and get right back to it!

Sent from my phone - brevity mode (and typos) turned on.

Bad weeks are terrible, but the important thing is to remember that next week is a new week.

I mean, hell, every day is a new day.  After my interview I went and got really drunk and ate a ton of steak and potatoes. The next day I was in the gym (hungover lifting = not fun), but that is what helped me. (i.e., no control over the interview, but I can control the quantity of alcohol I can imbibe as well as how much I can lift).

Do what makes you happy, and keeps you sane. You've got all of us cheering you on!

• Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Hey, I hope this weekend went well for you! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hey all!

I have much news for you. In fact I spent like 2 hours writing up a post on Monday but havent had a chance to post it yet. Look for that tonight or tomorrow. I need to wait till I am at home to post it. It is too much to try to do from a phone.

But I wanted to check in with you all to say im still alive...and give a quick update on my work drama/adventures.

After my interview last week I felt pretty down. But I put myself together and sent thank you emails to the interviewers and also explained some of the things that really bothered me about the interview. I got feedback from them that they loved me and were very impressed. Unfortunately the powers that be put a hiring freeze on the department for reasons unknown to me or the hiring managers. Bummer.

Anyways there have been other developments since then. Some of which I find overwhelming. Which brings me to the events of today. Without going into too much detail becuase these are big companies and who knows who will identify me from my words here...by 10 am I had talked to 3 hiring managers and was having a panic attack crying in the bathroom about how to discuss my desire to make an internal move with my manager.

You might find that ridiculous, and even my manager told me I was doing it to myself and to calm down when I did finally face him, but to me this is a huge freaking deal. This is not who I am. I am not the kind of person to want to cut and run when things are not going my way. I am not the kind of person to fail at something. And thats what this feels like. I feel like I am failing at my first real job. This guy took a risk to bring me in and has been willing to listen to my frustrations and try to give me what I wanted and yet here I am still not satisfied and asking him to support me as I try to leave his group. Big deal, big big deal.

Anyways I recognize that if a job is causing unhealthy behavior, ie crying in the bathroom, emotional eating, not sleeping well, it doesn't really matter how the honorable side of me feels, I have to listen to my gut that says this isnt working, and you have tried to make it work for 9 whole months and you are just getting more and more upset. Its time for a change NOW. So I got my act together and went to discuss the fact that someone else wants to interview me for an internal position.

You may be wondering why I even need to have this converaation with my manager. The reason is it we have an 18 month job fullfillment requirement which means without his blessing I technically cannot make a lateral move until next June. So I need him to be aware of, and to support me in this decision otherwise HR will never let it happen. So yeah it was tough but after a good talk we are finally on the same page I think. I am still trying to process what this means and what to do with the other hiring managers who called me this morning, at least I finally have the green light I have been wanting to make a change.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

I'm sorry that you're struggling so much. I think it's great that you've recognized that you don't fit where you are, and that you're actively taking steps to improve your situation! 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

There's nothing worse than being stuck in a job which causes you stress which in turn leads to unhealthy behaviour. It's great that you've identified that and been able to make some progress with it. Hope it works out for you. :)

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18