KB Girl wins big or goes home

KB Girl

With your challenge thread I thought someone may have posted this already, but since no one has I'll do it. Don't know if you're familiar with the song or not. It was popular where I am for about a week or two and then I've hardly heard it since. Anyways I hope you like it. But it also makes me wonder what you listen to or is popular where you are. Plus you've picked up another stalker. You have some of the best training videos I've seen.

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

I keep forgetting that you have the added stress of having to function both as a competitor and a coach during these tournaments.  :)  Good luck to all of your team!  Your plan of making them rest but throwing in enough things so they don't completely feel like they're resting is a great one.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I like your coaching thoughts, so no need to apologizeeee. We're here for that and for you obviously. Two weeks out! Woo!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I like your coaching thoughts, so no need to apologizeeee. We're here for that and for you obviously. Two weeks out! Woo!

Same here, ramble away!

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

I'm getting excited just following along on your trip to Worlds, I can only imagine the excitement your team is feeling.

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Grr.... Double post.  Sorry

DoublePost.gif

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

With your challenge thread I thought someone may have posted this already, but since no one has I'll do it. Don't know if you're familiar with the song or not. It was popular where I am for about a week or two and then I've hardly heard it since. Anyways I hope you like it. But it also makes me wonder what you listen to or is popular where you are. Plus you've picked up another stalker. You have some of the best training videos I've seen.

Hadn't heard the song before, it's kinda ridiculous in a good way :) I wouldn't be able to tell you what's popular these days, I don't really pay attention to the names.. There's always something new and temporary isn't there?

And thank you.

I keep forgetting that you have the added stress of having to function both as a competitor and a coach during these tournaments.   :)  Good luck to all of your team!  Your plan of making them rest but throwing in enough things so they don't completely feel like they're resting is a great one.  

That's why I don't really take the dutch competitions very seriously anymore when I have more than a couple athletes competing.. I just see it as part of training and don't put pressure on performance. But this next one is obviously very different.. I've got my boyfriend to help out though, he's backup coach :)

Seconded. In fact, they're some of my favorite bits in your thread.

Also nice CJ! Eeeeeaaaaasssy.

Same here, ramble away!

Thank you guys! I probably will.

I'm getting excited just following along on your trip to Worlds, I can only imagine the excitement your team is feeling.

If by excitement you mean fear and anxiety..... ;)

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Hadn't heard the song before, it's kinda ridiculous in a good way :) I wouldn't be able to tell you what's popular these days, I don't really pay attention to the names.. There's always something new and temporary isn't there?

I'm too old to keep up with that stuff.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Thanks! The first 2 actually don't even feel very hard anymore, it just goes downhill really really fast from there ;)

Our dog (Storm) is a mix between a Malamute (type of Husky) and a White Shepherd... Her dad was completely white and her mom kinda grey, so no idea how she ended up black! Really kinda sad it isn't a real breed, because we'd love get the same type of dog to keep her company.. Not easy to find this mix though.

Haha, would never have guessed the parents were white and grey, nature and genes are funny sometimes! Indeed it might be hard to find a mix just like that again, but maybe a playmate with either Malamute or White Shepherd in the mix will be fine too? The reason I'm suddenly so interested in dogs is that my boyfriend and me are considering a puppy! We really want a german shepherd... :) 

Proper length for men's gymnastics is 3 metres. As raptron says, that's so that tall guys (you, the kind of guys who probably aren't going to be competing in rings) can things like handstands and giants without worrying about where their feet are going to hit. They have their trainer lift them up too like a little kid at a crowded fireworks show because the rings have to be about 3 metres off the ground for similar reasons :P

I'd say that as long as you have space for your head when you do the solidest support position possible, then it can count as a dip. What any individual does for training is a different matter though of course.

Need to measure the gym rings, my guesstimate is somewhere close to 3 metres when lowered all the way down. So I won't be cheating at least. ;)

Some random thoughts on coaching, feel free to skip!

Your coaching thoughts are really interesting, keep 'em coming!

Lil' Roo (4yo) heard Jimi Hendrix for the first time yesterday and told me, "Dad, this music is cool!" So not all hope is lost, ha.

Like!

Had to do some endurance work on wednesday, it was rather horrible because of all the rain.. went running, then cycling and finished by swimming since I was already really wet anyways ;) Was rewarded with sauna afterwards.

Training today was... not too bad, not too great either. The 24kg snatches felt really awkward and heavy, but don't look too bad on the video. I can't remember ever feeling this uncertain about going into a competition :/ 

I'll have to find some faith somehow, because if I can't believe in it happening then it's not going to. I spend my team's training today on building their faith (which is different from confidence), I believe I was pretty successful. Difference is; their training numbers are very clear cut. Mine just aren't. Can't lie to myself ><

• Like 1

Haha, would never have guessed the parents were white and grey, nature and genes are funny sometimes! Indeed it might be hard to find a mix just like that again, but maybe a playmate with either Malamute or White Shepherd in the mix will be fine too? The reason I'm suddenly so interested in dogs is that my boyfriend and me are considering a puppy! We really want a german shepherd... :)

Puppy \o/

Actually I can really recommend getting a shepherd mix.. Far less trouble with inbred diseases like hip problems. Also they turn out really well, like the Labrador/shepherd mix for example.

I find it crazy cool that you compete in a sport that is new to you. I have these goals of competing someday but then that someday never happens. You... just go out and do it. Amazeballs.

Thank you, that's a nice way to look at it :) my kb adventure started the same way! Perhaps the kb sport might tempt you too?

Nice video again! Don't sweat that your training numbers are not consistent, your actual training is. As in, you do it consistently and that's the only thing you really control right? :) <3 

Puppy \o/
Actually I can really recommend getting a shepherd mix.. Far less trouble with inbred diseases like hip problems. Also they turn out really well, like the Labrador/shepherd mix for example.

Yeah they look really gorgeous, that's very true! 

• Like 1

You know I hate the lay off before a comp. I'd find excuses to do more if I didn't have to stop training.

I really appreciated the slow-mo videos and doubly appreciated that you did one for the two handed long cycle.

Thought you might! :) And I hadn't even posted them here yet, haha. Unfortunately only the last rep is perfect, but the rest is good enough to be a good example I think. 

For those wondering wth TML is talking about, I also made some slowmo video yesterday. In case anyone else is interested; 

Could you articulate the difference between having faith and confidence? It seems the same to me.

Confidence has to do with knowing.. I know I can lift the 24kg, at least 10 times with each hand... I know I can keep my technique up to certain standards, I know I can breath in a way that'll make me last longer and I know every rep will count. This all has to do with ability, I have confidence in my ability to lift the 24kg. 

However those things you don't know for sure require a little faith... I'm not sure I can lift the 24kg 60 times, despite the confidence in my abilities. You never actually do it before a competition, so you don't know. You gotta build up this faith from training numbers. Or for some of my athletes it's as simple as me telling them they can do it, but for others it isn't, they need to understand the numbers.

• Like 1

Don't forget that you'll have competition adrenaline running through you on the big day.  I'm sure that will give you at least a few extra reps.  I can see why things are a bit mentally tough, though.  I'm guessing you're in a position where on a good day, you can make reps, but on a bad day, you can't.  I really hope it all goes well.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

ADRENALINE is such a fun thing. And while I don't know a tonnnn about KB form, they definitely don't look that awkward on video.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Don't forget that you'll have competition adrenaline running through you on the big day.  I'm sure that will give you at least a few extra reps.  I can see why things are a bit mentally tough, though.  I'm guessing you're in a position where on a good day, you can make reps, but on a bad day, you can't.  I really hope it all goes well.   :)

That's exactly right. Even calculating in competition adrenaline, i'm just not sure it'll happen. Thank you for hoping! 

ADRENALINE is such a fun thing. And while I don't know a tonnnn about KB form, they definitely don't look that awkward on video.

Good :) Adrenaline is nice, but I also really really like the competition mind set of "if I drop dead from exhaustion or rip all the skin off my hands that's just fiiiine right now". 

THANK YOU FOR THE SLOW-MO SNATCH VIDEO!!!

\o/ I still owe you a step by step tho!