Commitment & zenLara smooths the rough edges off

Lara

Well done for being so well in control of your thoughts :) Your studying of psychology really has helped!

And that's something I forget about strength workouts every time - if it's the first time for ages then it's best to go gently. I always go hardcore after a long break and then have DOMS everywhere for at least 4 days, making it hard to get back on the strength training wagon lol.

I suspect the main thing with your boyfriend not being around in the morning is that it changes your routine - once you're used to it then it'll feel completely normal except to appreciate his company more when he is around!

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Ah Lara you're such a champion! I hate those sorts of situations grinding/replaying in your head all day. They can be such a drain, but you completed parried and flipped all that on its butt! ;-), the obstacle is indeed the way!

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

You are awesome. Absolutely awesome.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

You guys are awesome. You can't imagine how much I appreciate to come here and read all those encouraging words, specially after a tough day (today) lovemoteplz.gif?1

Day 25.

I woke up late today. Usually I wake up before the alarm sounds, but today I just kept sleeping til long after it stopped ringing without noticing. But I didn't let my mind panic and did my meditation and my walk anyway. Then, to the kitchen, to see that my beef broth... had congealed! Awesome! One cup later I didn't mind it was so late :D

Read a bit of Hobbitinn out loud to practice pronunciation and then folded clothes from 2 launderings and put them on their places in the wardrobe.

Then I started my music practice... and half an hour later, work invaded the morning. I started to receive calls I had to answer and when I looked at the clock it was time to prepare lunch :(

Had lunch and went to work and it was a huge mess. Today was the day students had to chose their schedule and I can't believe what happened. It took me one hour and a half to fix the whole thing (they are only 20 persons, how can this happen?), and then one hour and a half had to be spent listening to a mother that wanted to change his son schedule. Yes, she actually talked for so long, telling me the reason why I should move this or this other student from their assigned hour so his son could have the exact schedule she wanted. When she saw anyone would exchange place with him, she asked me to change my own schedule, I can't believe it. I have done that sometimes like an exception, only when the student is very talented or very hard-working and can't absolutely fit in any slot for justified reasons, not for a guy that only comes here to spend the afternoon looking through the windows. It kind of sucked all my energy and when I came home I hadn't any strength left for the workout I had missed in the morning or to go for a walk. But I said exercise first, so exercise first, and I spent 30 minutes working on Focused Flexibility and on Feldenkrais movements.

Now I am preparing dinner. My boyfriend can't come even for dinner today :( but sipping from a mug full of beef broth makes everything better.

The dough for the muffins is soaking in yoghurt for 24 hours, as the recipe says, we'll see what comes out of it tomorrow.

Bedtime, come soon!

Kitten-falls-asleep-standing.gif?

• Like 3

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

What a day! Sounds like handled it well though. Parents are so special. :( 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I know parents mean well, but some of them are obvious disciples of the mighty Oblivion, Master of Obtuseness.

gir_zpsv8klxcmr.gif

59187139.jpg

Hope you treat yourself really well today.  Serious brownie points for all the excellent choices you are making.  Now, go play with tap shoes or something ;)

Oh, that's a new expression I didn't now (the brownies one), thanks!

How am I doing today? 

Day 24

Yesterday I wanted to go to bed early but my tenant called. More problems.

Let me tell you a little bit of her, because it is so fun you're gonna think I'm making the whole thing up.

First after she moved, she called me to tell me the gas wasn't coming out from the bottle to the stove. I told her she maybe would have to clean it, although I had already done it. She didn't know how to. Ok, I explain it to her.

Second, she called to tell me the sink was blocked. I had to explain her how to unblock it.

Third call, she wanted to move a piece of furniture to the box room. But it was too heavy! Have you tried emptying it, removing the drawers and unscrewing the doors of the piece so it weights less and you AND A FRIEND can carry it out easily? Oh, she hadn't thought about that.

This is a 35 years old woman we are talking here.

Fourth call, the sink is blocked again and it smells reeeeally bad. She can't afford to spend any more money on air fresheners for the kitchen! Ok, open the sewer and clean it from all the rotten food that must be trapped there, and try to stop throwing food through the sink. You have a garbage can for that, honey.

Next time, the light went off. Not because any reason inside the appartment, just because the whole building was without light. She calls me to tell me she was preparing a cake and now she didn't have electricity for the oven and she had to throw the whole thing. Why don't you keep it on the fridge until tomorrow or until the light comes back, or why don't you walk 2 streets to the bakery and ask them to bake it for you because the have a fucking wood stove??!

Then, yesterday morning. She calls me uberalarmed. It rained a lot last night and there is water entering through one wall from the roof! I panicked. We had that problem several months ago and I thought it was solved. So I called the building manager who calls the guy who repaired the roof last time and that guy says: it is impossible, I sealed twice the place, it can't be from the roof. So the manager tells me, ok, we will go both me and the worker and we'll try to see where the water comes from.

Yesterday night. She calls, very upset. There is a lot of water entering through the wall, she can't live like this, this is awful... I explain her I am trying my best to get the thing repaired, but that she will have to be patient. She doesn't want to be patient, she wants to leave the appartment. She asks me to reduce her rent. I explain her I can't do that, because it is not my fault this has happened. I can repair it as soon as possible, but that is all.

Today. She is even more alarmed. Of course the rent has to be reduced, the appartment is a disaster: it has not rained tonight, but even so there was water on the windows! Wait, on the windows? Are you talking about these nice little drops that appear in the morning? Yes!! I can't believe I had to explain to her what condensation is.

How does this girl manage to go through life?

Did a few breathing exercises to let everything go and got asleep quickly.

This morning, meditation, walking, breakfast, and instead of cleaning I devoted my 15 minutes to prepare another batch of bone broth and to prepare the muffins. Then flute practice. 

Then I realised I was hungry, because I had spent my breakfast speaking with the alarmed tenant and I hadn't eaten enough. Muffins were baked. So I tried one bit and it was omg so sour! Obviously they were going to be sour, dimwit, they had been soaking in yoghurt for a whole day! I waited til they were less hot, and tried them again. First on their own, then with butter, then with dates, then alone again... The amazing thing is that they are not heavy at all. I don't feel hungry anymore, but I don't feel full or heavy, as I always feel when I eat grains (and I've eaten 4 muffins!).

(By the way, this is "authorized" bread/sugary things, not the one I want to avoid. The phytic acid is supposed to be mostly neutralized by the enzymes and lactowhatever produced by the soaking, and there is a bit of honey but no sugar in them)

Now I'm ready for my strength workout (same as tuesday). It's a bit late, but I have time to have lunch later today, so it's ok.

• Like 5

How does this girl manage to go through life?

Couldn't help but think this about her...

PS_0364_TIES_SHOELACES.jpg

Where in the hell has she been living all her life??

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CRUSTED is the only acronym I can come up with for this

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 71

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My BlogMyFitnessPal |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

oh my gosh, how horrible that you had to deal with that student's mom (we call them helicopter parents here, and I really thought it was just a united states phenomenon!) and THEN a 35-year old woman who CLEARLY had been raised by a helicopter parent because OBVIOUSLY she is used to someone else doing all of these things on her behalf. so awful, I'm so sorry.

I hope you will have a really lovely and relaxing weekend only taking care of your OWN priorities!

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

oh my gosh, how horrible that you had to deal with that student's mom (we call them helicopter parents here, and I really thought it was just a united states phenomenon!) and THEN a 35-year old woman who CLEARLY had been raised by a helicopter parent because OBVIOUSLY she is used to someone else doing all of these things on her behalf. so awful, I'm so sorry.

I hope you will have a really lovely and relaxing weekend only taking care of your OWN priorities!

Helicopter moms do exist here. They aren't a common species, but they appear now and then. But usually their kids are little, not FIFTEEN.

• Like 2

Just. Wow.

My favorite adult without life skills story?  Sure I'll share...

One of my classmates in medical school (late 20s about to become a physician, MD) told me that she tried to make a box of macaroni and cheese with orange juice... because it was orange. She mostly bought food, as you can imagine. *headshake*

Oh-my, where do they come from?

My tenant seems not to accept the physical phenomenon of condensation. Nor accepts the receipts from previous repairs and says we are conning her and she wants to stop paying until everything is fixed. Oh lord. She is very upset because her daughter sleeps in that room. Apparently she has not thought about the possibility of closing that room until it is repaired and settle her daughter in any one of the other THREE rooms available in the appartment. Apparently the only solution is to make her go and live with her grandparents. Of course.

Before this tenant, the previous ones didn't pay and it was difficult a nightmare to made them move out of the appartment, and now this. I swear once this woman is out I'll better let the appartment rot all empty rather than having more troubles like these.

Day 23.

Morning routine, but more relaxed, because today is saturday and I have more time.

After I meditated I went for my usual mile, but today I felt that I needed more so instead of staying in the park I went out of the city. Walked for around one hour, don't know how much distance. Anyway it was a very fast pace, because I felt myself out of breath several times. So my exercise for today was already done in the morning.

Then came home for breakfast and did not read because boyfriend was at home and we chatted about random things before he had to leave (yes, work again, on saturday).

Then cleaning time, which I spent walking around the house and picking up every thing I found out of its place (a huge amount of things). Bedrooms look much better now.

Then worked a bit on Hobbitinn vocabulary instead of playing the flute (I plan to practice in the afternoon) and spent a considerable amount of time with the computer. Good news: first day in the whole week I got lost in the internet.

I have not planned any autumn activity yet, and I am spending most of my time inside the house. Maybe tomorrow I'll go on some new trail expedition?

I've been thinking on my board game for the technique competition. One thing is I am not sure anymore about team members being decided randomly, because this could make several good students land on the same team, making the other teams impossible to win from the beginning. They know who plays better and they would be discouraged and wouldn't participate with the same enthousiasm. But if I decide the teams myself they will feel it as unfair to be with this or this mate and not with others. My boyfriend told me: ok, then you decide and pick, but tell them it was random. That's cheating, but a solution.

Second. I thought about the prize. I am going to ask my brother to make a very beautiful flutist drawing. With this drawing I'll print posters, one for each winner in the team and one for the classroom. In the drawing will appear something like "Primera competición de técnica flautística por equipos" and it will contain the pictures of the winners, with the word "Winners" of course at one side. For the finalists, they could get the same drawing but without the pictures and in a big sticker. I think they will like that very much. And they will also have the incentive of being immortalized in the poster hanging in the classroom for the years to come. What do you think?

• Like 3

I've got the doors going through my head now "People are strange"! So glad i don't have to deal with tenants anymore. It's so hard to find good ones.

Excellent job doing your stretching even when you were pooped :encouragement:

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 22.

Today is sunday and I am taking my rest day. The morning routine is off today. But anyway I meditated as soon as I got up. After breakfast we went for a long walk and it seems I've finally found the river:

med_gallery_26080_1320_1542533.jpg     med_gallery_26080_1320_1183563.jpg

This has been my first autumn activity. Second one having an afternoon snack in the patio.

First week is over and I feel I did pretty well. I like my morning routine. The house is beginning to look much better, the Hibbie-Jibbies is pretty advanced, I meditate and walk and do some exercise everyday, and I've eaten bread or sugary things only 3 days out of the 4 that were allowed. I am on the 3rd paragraph of Hobbitinn, which sounds ridiculous but is not, but I have not even opened the Metabolism Regulation book. Hope to find time for it next week.

I think the key for the weeks to come will be to keep those short moments of rest and keep on reminding myself why I choose to do these things and not others.

• Like 8

ok so I'm trying to contain my excitement...there is a little snippet somewhere in this clip which I think might be the inspiration for the next flute piece you record (for me...please? :)  )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOv3Qi7Vr5g&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Way to go!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Wow, beautiful photos Lara!

Glad to see that even with all the external drama happening around you with tenants etc, you keep at it (no suprises there! ;-) Excited to hear more of your autumn challenge plans!

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Mini#2 (this is the same post from the adventurers' mini thread, so skip it if you've already been there. Or skip it anyway if you don't want to know about my troubles ;P  )

In my case I thought I had everything pretty organized in my shiny morning routine, until last week I discovered it was extremely time consuming to do my interval running. I hate to run in the city, so I always take the car and go outside to the country and run there. It never occurred to me that with his new job my boyfriend needs the car in the mornings and that if I want to run outside the city I have to go and come back by foot. I did it last week once and the whole thing took me one hour and a half. I can't allocate so much time to my workouts. I thought of going earlier so he can drop me outside the city when he leaves, but it doesn't look like a great idea unless I'd want to throw up my breakfast. And I don't run with an empty stomach because I absolutely don't want to lose weight.

So?

As much as I want to be out there in the sun, it can't be, at least for the moment. It seems that in weeks to come my boyfriend schedule will change again and he will leave later, so I can rearrange my own schedule then. By now, a so-so solution: I change my cardio activity from running to tap practice, and I try to spend at least 1/2 hour everyday doing something in the patio, for that "outdoors" feeling.

• Like 4