Commitment & zenLara smooths the rough edges off

Lara

Mini#2 (this is the same post from the adventurers' mini thread, so skip it if you've already been there. Or skip it anyway if you don't want to know about my troubles ;P  )

In my case I thought I had everything pretty organized in my shiny morning routine, since last week I discovered it was extremely time consuming to do my interval running. I hate to run in the city, so I always take the car and go outside to the country and run there. It never occurred to me that with his new job my boyfriend needs the car in the mornings and that if I want to run outside the city I have to go and come back by foot. I did it last week once and the whole thing took me one hour and a half. I can't allocate so much time to my workouts. I thought of going earlier so he can drop me outside the city when he leaves, but it doesn't look like a great idea unless I want to throw up my breakfast. And I don't run with an empty stomach because I absolutely don't want to lose weight.

So?

As much as I want to be out there in the sun, it can't be, at least for the moment. It seems that in weeks to come my boyfriend schedule will change again and he will leave later, so I can rearrange my own schedule then. By now, a so-so solution: I change my cardio activity from running to tap practice, and I try to spend at least 1/2 hour everyday doing something in the patio, for that "outdoors" feeling.

Yay for more tap, but I hope you can get back to running soon.  :)

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Kinda sucks but ah well, we all know this isn't above you. Moments like these are good imo as they allow you to flex out of your comfort zone and be observent/mindful/bring awareness in what we do. This is definitely what I like to do as it ensures that I don't ever get complacent or take my routine for granted. Just embrace and enjoy! :-)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

Days 21 and 20.

2 good days again.

Meditation and a mile a day, reading (today Metabolism Regulation book), cleaning (yesterday swept the first floor, today the ground floor), useful flute practice, and exercise: yesterday tap practice to review basic steps and a bit of staying in the sun in the patio, and today I am having a little snack pause before heading to my strength workout.

We've eaten all the muffins. I didn't like the taste much when I first tried them, but once I got used to the sourness I kind of liked it. This next weekend I'll try to bake a loaf of bread. It's a challenge because though I was in past times well known for my classic muffins (with so much eggs in them that you could run a marathon with only 2 of them) I've always been a disaster when trying to bake bread. Never got something that we would truly like.

---------------

Coffee table push-ups 5x5

Prisoner squats 15x15

Negative chin-ups 5x5

Plank & side plank 20'x30'

Focuse Flexibility

Only a tiny bit harder than last week, but still an improvement.

• Like 4

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

I may have to book a ticket to Spain and eat all your food. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

That river looks lovely. Sounds like you have a good plan going and are ready to adjust as needed. Keep it up :)

I think I want to bake something again... I used to make cupcakes and cakepops and chocolate souflees all the time but since starting the challenge and omitting processed sugar and white flour, I haven't done anything. Maybe I'll make something on the weekend... I guess a (wholegrain) cheesecake would be an awesome way to meet my protein goals for the week :D

• Like 2

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I'm all caught up on your thread! You're doing so much this challenge - I'm really impressed! What time do you wake up?

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm all caught up on your thread! You're doing so much this challenge - I'm really impressed! What time do you wake up?

Not so early. I work in the afternoon-evening hours so I use to go to bed late, and I don't usually wake up before 7:30. 

When I read people here talking about waking up at 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning I can't believe it. But I guess the way every country lives is different. Here, we have a tendency to stay up late. 

-----------------

Day 19.

Yesterday was laundry day, so my 15 minutes of cleaning were scattered through the morning to deal with the laundry. Did my meditation and my walk, and flute practice and some tap. Worked on hops, leaps and hop steps, so a good amount of jumping and sweating. No sugar/bread eating yesterday, only once so far this week. My boyfriend couldn't come for dinner, so I ate all my meals alone, which is very depressing. 

Today I have to work overtime in the morning, and it wasn't even scheduled until yesterday, so I don't know what I'll be able to do before I leave.

• Like 5

Sorry you're still having to eat your meals alone, Lara. Is there any way you can make at least your cat join you for dinner? Our cat always starts to eat when we do, it's very sweet and it feels more like we're eating as a family (as crazy as that sounds...)

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Sorry you're still having to eat your meals alone, Lara. Is there any way you can make at least your cat join you for dinner? Our cat always starts to eat when we do, it's very sweet and it feels more like we're eating as a family (as crazy as that sounds...)

It doesn't sound crazy at all, I know what you mean. For many years my cat would stay in the kitchen while we ate, even when he had finished. He used to sit in a chair near us. It was sweet, but he doesn't do that anymore. He stopped 1 year ago, maybe because now he feels too old and after his meal he goes straight to "his place" to sleep. I guess when you are old enough you can forget about courtesy.

--------------

Day 18.

Meditation, walking, cleaning the kitchen and short strength workout. No time for the flute because work, but I did workout and that makes me proud: exercise goes first.

• Like 4

You're doing great! I'm jealous. =P

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

It doesn't sound crazy at all, I know what you mean. For many years my cat would stay in the kitchen while we ate, even when he had finished. He used to sit in a chair near us. It was sweet, but he doesn't do that anymore. He stopped 1 year ago, maybe because now he feels too old and after his meal he goes straight to "his place" to sleep. I guess when you are old enough you can forget about courtesy.

--------------

Day 18.

Meditation, walking, cleaning the kitchen and short strength workout. No time for the flute because work, but I did workout and that makes me proud: exercise goes first.

You are keeping at it even when things are less exciting.  HABITS FTW.

My kitteh sprawls on the table while I study more than when I eat because he is suuuuuuuper helpful.

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Yes.  Yes to all of it.   :D

I've started telling the students about the technique competition. Some of them were doubtful until the words "winners poster drawn by my brother" came out of my mouth :D

------------------

Today (day 17): meditation, one mile walked, big breakfast, sweeping and hosing down the patio and flute practice. Went for a short walk but started to feel a bit sick and came home. I know where this comes from: I was very anxious yesterday, because I supposed it was the day the new flute teacher would arrive. Finally didn't appear and I learnt from the chief of studies that in fact the job offer hasn't been published yet, a hurray for administration burocracy. So afterwards I felt like an idiot. The peak of anxiety was high enough to produce fatigue today, so a semi-rest day. Maybe finally buying the GMB program can count as exercise for today? ;)

About the teacher, I've tried my best to rationalize the thing, but past experiences are indeed powerful and although I don't ruminate on it and I don't have negative thoughts, I do have both negative feelings and physical sensations, and it's draining my energy. It did not help having to deal with angry parents in the afternoon that came to ask me about the new teacher (my students have started their lessons, but these other students haven't because there is no teacher) and I had to explain them that the center asked for the teacher in june, but the administration has blocked the request and there is nothing we can do about it, except for calling every day and put pressure on the administration (which the chief of studies is already doing). 

• Like 4

I've started telling the students about the technique competition. Some of them were doubtful until the words "winners poster drawn by my brother" came out of my mouth :D

Excellent.

Maybe finally buying the GMB program can count as exercise for today? ;)

About the teacher, I've tried my best to rationalize the thing, but past experiences are indeed powerful and although I don't ruminate on it and I don't have negative thoughts, I do have both negative feelings and physical sensations, and it's draining my energy. It did not help having to deal with angry parents in the afternoon that came to ask me about the new teacher (my students have started their lessons, but these other students haven't because there is no teacher) and I had to explain them that the center asked for the teacher in june, but the administration has blocked the request and there is nothing we can do about it, except for calling every day and put pressure on the administration (which the chief of studies is already doing). 

Totally counts.

That is a lot to deal with.  Luckily, you are one of the most skilled anxiety busters that I know.  Just watch the negative feelings and physical sensations come.  Be curious about them.  Let 'em go. You got this, lady!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

some tap. Worked on hops, leaps and hop steps, so a good amount of jumping and sweating.

Pretty cool that you are working on tap again. I still think it's so awesome that you have talent to be able to pick these things up, I would be hopeless, my talents are in other areas.  Are you enjoying it?

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 16. 

Slept poorly (and in fact I was awake from 2 to 4 am), so I am feeling like crap today. Decided to take my rest day today instead of tomorrow. So no big things done today, no flute practice, nothing but resting and watching the vids on IS to prepare for this next week. Also some reflection-writing about goals and life and so.

• Like 2

Hope you're feeling better in the morning! 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hope you're feeling better in the morning! 

Yeah, much better, thank you! I've learnt to know when I need a rest.

-----------------------------

Today (day 15), regular schedule: meditation, mile a day, breakfast, reading, cleaning the kitchen, and in a while I'll go for my flute practice and some stretching.

-----------------------------

How am I doing so far in the challenge?

Goal 1. Being active. Did all the work I wanted to do. 

Goal 2. Establish a morning routine. This is working. I get things done. It doesn't mean is not hard some days, when I'll prefer to laze around, but I must say results are there, tangible results.

Goal 3. Eating. Rather good! Sugar and bread are in control as planned, I've tried one new recipe from the book, I'm having bone broth almost every day thanks to finding that butcher... Time to plunge into meal planning. We used to do this some time ago and it was very practical, we were very organized with meals and ate a big variety of foods. Besides, I'm eating alone most of the week, so let's be positive: I get to cook whatever pleases me :D

Goal 4. Music practice and stage fright. This is going great. I think I'll be able to upload The Hibbie-Jibbies to soundclound in 2 weeks, even if it is not a definitive version. But as I've read recently: if you wait to be ready you'll never do anything, ready doesn't exist, the only thing that exists is now. I think it was a quote from Hugh Laurie?

Goal 5. Personal projects. I am a little behind with these. Nothing alarming, but it would be nice to find these projects a schedule, so I work on them more frequently. Anyway, if I don't get to fix this it won't be a problem. Besides, we're still at the beginning of the scholar year and there's a lot of stuff to do from work.

Goal 6. Autumn is cool too. 3 autumn activities so far during the challenge. Not bad.

Goal in the background. Anxiety. I keep on doing my exercises on this everyday: breathing, relaxing, meditation, freeing the mind, resting, taking pauses... I think I need to put a bit more emphasis on my affirmations, which I forget a bit about. Only one peak of anxiety these 2 weeks, more or less handled. I would have liked to be able to stop it before anxiety ramped up so much, but at least now I've learnt when I have to retreat and recover.

Awesome weeks! Only 2 more for my challenge to end, and I have the incentive of starting GMB IS. I'll do my assesment workout tomorrow, I guess there's not much of it I can do yet, but I don't mind. I'll just work on it.

carlton-dance-o.gif

• Like 5

You're doing well, keep it up :) I've been following and reading even if I have nothing to comment... And yes, lazing around in a morning is a sure way to have an unfulfilling day - remembering that has inspired me to go do something now...

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

A first approach to meal planning is done, including groceries days and a list of what I would need for the week. I've reserved sunday's lunch to try a new recipe every week (unless we eat with family or friends). By now, vegetables are already fermenting in the pantry.

I've been thinking on my personal projects goal, and maybe instead of finding them a time slot, I would better think on how much I want to get done. I could work on a whole chapter of Metabolism Regulation per challenge (or half if it is a long or difficult one), and work on one Hobbitinn paragraph per week. It doesn't look like too much. That means I have half chapter of Metabolism to cover in the next two weeks, and 2 more paragraphs of Hobbitinn.

• Like 2

Day 14.

Perfect morning routine. I was a bit stressed because I needed to go on some errands and make some calls, and I absolutely wanted to do my IS assessment, so I moved flute practice to the end of the morning, in case I was short of time. Finally did everything.

I got some (good) surprises with the IS assessment.

- Broad jump. No idea what should be appropriate. I jumped 120 cm on the 2 first attempts, and 105 on the third. Ryan says only third counts, so I am at 105 cm.

- Shrimp squat. I was sure I wouldn't be able to do the movement, but I am able to go down a little bit, although it is wobbly.

- Push-ups. Now, this. Where does this come from? I got down to the floor in perfect control and was able to go up an inch or so! Last workout I was still struggling through 3 miserable coffe table push-ups!

- Bridge press-up. I can sustain myself with my arms AND head, but didn't dare to lift the head from the floor.

- Chin-ups. I understand nothing. Last week I struggled, terribly, just to try to be on the bar. Today, I performed 3 chin-ups without trouble. Maximum effort, but doable. I need to pay attention when I jump up, I tend to bend the legs and Ryan says don't bend your legs when you jump.

- Inverted press. Unable to lock my knees, but seems unimportant right now. Can go down a bit, but my feet are not really close to my hands.

- L-sit. Eeeeeer... No. No. No. I can lift one leg. That's all. 

I took a look to the "unbreakable" exercises that came with the offer and I am seriously thinking on adding them to the IS routine, after the warm up. They look fun.

• Like 4

Stage fright progress. Yesterday evening, one of my colleagues came to ask me about the teachers' concerts taking place in march. It was like, omg, you are already thinking on what will happen on march, that is planning ahead. He told me he was thinking on playing the Bolling Suite, and I was quite impressed because it is challenging for the piano. He told me he had already played it several times, so it was no trouble for him, and he asked me to play the flute part. Not a tremor inside me: I said yes, blindly. I've never played the piece, nor even have the score, but I've heard it many times and it's a nice play. Didn't have a thought for difficulty, risks, fear and so. Just said yes. And afterwards... calm. No thoughts about being anxious, no anxiety peak, no nothing. I told my boyfriend when I came home and yet the feelings were the same. And tonight I had a dream where I was doing similar actions on accepting invitations to play with the same security :D This is a big improvement from last concerts proposals!

• Like 6

Where does this come from?

persistence-1.jpg

Stage fright progress. Yesterday evening, one of my colleagues came to ask me about the teachers' concerts taking place in march. It was like, omg, you are already thinking on what will happen on march, that is planning ahead. He told me he was thinking on playing the Bolling Suite, and I was quite impressed because it is challenging for the piano. He told me he had already played it several times, so it was no trouble for him, and he asked me to play the flute part. Not a tremor inside me: I said yes, blindly. I've never played the piece, nor even have the score, but I've heard it many times and it's a nice play. Didn't have a thought for difficulty, risks, fear and so. Just said yes. And afterwards... calm. No thoughts about being anxious, no anxiety peak, no nothing. I told my boyfriend when I came home and yet the feelings were the same. And tonight I had a dream where I was doing similar actions on accepting invitations to play with the same security :D This is a big improvement from last concerts proposals!

See above.

You are amazing!!!   :loyal:

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

persistence-1.jpg

See above.

You are amazing!!!   :loyal:

Thank youuuuuuuuu!!!

-----------------

Day 13.

Excellent morning. Everything done. Had fun with tap, and worked on hop-steps and other basics like paddles, buffalos and so. Tried the unbreakable back series. The alligator was hard.

No sugar nor bread so far this week.

• Like 2