Honeybadger Boldly Goes....

honeybadger

The video only showed up when I went to reply! Totally cracked me up. The run was nice for a change of pace. It was also nice because I met my boyfriend and the kids at the park so it felt a little like family time. 

I don't know if I ever really "like" any run but it was nice. I will try to get outside and run a few more time this challenge before the weather starts to change. I also might run a halloween 5k in October (depending on weather and how I feel the morning of the race) so it would be good to get some road miles in. I used to run outside much more. I had a better neighborhood and work schedule for it. 

I would like to try trail running. I am, however, challenged when it comes to gravity so it scares me a little. 

Slow and steady, as they say.  Win that metaphorical race, or that real one if you join the Halloween 5K!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Captain's log, Stardate 42606.5. I explored the strange new world of the gym (the one I pay for, not the one at my condo) on a Saturday afternoon. I brought my jumprope and did 10 min of practice before running 4 miles (41:30). There were maybe 3 people at the gym, it was awesome. Then some adulting, not too much because Sunday is really my adulting day. Dog got a bath (she was smelling like a much larger dog). Started watching the 1st season of Gotham, which just got added to Nexflix!! Today was a good day.

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

You can make it. Good job going to spin class, I hope work gets better at some point.

Thanks. I will make it for sure. I was so happy I made it to class, now that I am back at work there is only one class that fits into my schedule (and only if I leave work on time). I hope things improve at work too. I am taking it day by day and trying to focus on the positives. 

Slow and steady, as they say.  Win that metaphorical race, or that real one if you join the Halloween 5K!

I run slowly over short distances...so slow and steady is pretty much how I roll when it comes to running.

• Like 1

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Good job getting to the gym again.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks. I will make it for sure. I was so happy I made it to class, now that I am back at work there is only one class that fits into my schedule (and only if I leave work on time). I hope things improve at work too. I am taking it day by day and trying to focus on the positives. 

I run slowly over short distances...so slow and steady is pretty much how I roll when it comes to running.

Right there with you, honeybadger.

tumblr_mfmm0a4GEn1qzqcaho1_500.gif

• Like 3

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Captain's log, Stardate 42707.5. Week 2 summary:

Goal 1: Explore strange new worlds- I took my jumprope to the gym on a Saturday...Rangered!

Goal 2: Seek out new life- I was barely able to keep up with everyone. I think this week it will be easier to hit this goal depending on the wifi at the conference.

Goal 3: I got 4 workouts in this week, 2 included running. Again, given everything that has been going on I am proud of what I did. In the past I would have let work and life get in the way of my workouts and diet...Rangered!

Calories well within my goal. Daily average came in around 1290.

Still zero candy consumed. 

Weighed in at 148.5 happy with this. My fantasy is that I hit 145 by the end of the challenge. 

I will be at a conference for the the second half of week 3. This might make things difficult in terms of diet but... I'm not going to stress out about that because I want to take advantage of the opportunity to explore a new city and the food it has to offer. There is a gym and a pool at the hotel so getting my workouts in will not be a problem. I will be packing my jumprope, running shoes and swimsuit. 

• Like 1

Good job Rangering week 2! Just remember, try some stuff, and try not to let those variances be an excuse to go overboard.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Captain's log, Stardate 43208.6. First workout of the week in the books; 3 mile run in 31:00. Feeling super hungry. Resisting the urge to eat all the food. Must.....resist....(insert Borg reference here, wait that's TNG this is challenge is TOS!)

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with eating after a run as long as you make a good choice about what you eat. Good job on getting that run in. Was it real world or dreadmill?

There is nothing wrong with eating after a run as long as you make a good choice about what you eat. Good job on getting that run in. Was it real world or dreadmill?

This is very true. Unfortunately, my post workout hormone fueled ravenous hunger does not discriminate when it comes to food. I did manage to eat only 1 cookie (damn you El Fudge) and then had some plain popcorn with crazy salt...after a healthy dinner. All things considered I probably went over my calorie limit by 100 or so. I can live with that.

The run was on the dreadmill. My real world running is strictly for the weekends at this point. Mostly because it is getting too dark to run by the time I get home. I will try to get one more run in before I head to Louisville on Thursday.

• Like 1

Just one cookie?  That's sometimes harder than zero.  Totally a win!

I'm hitting darkness on my runs, too.  I usually exercise in early in the morning, but that's getting harder to do.  I keep thinking I need to come up with a plan.  But I haven't really done anything about it yet.  It's hard to believe I've run through two winters, and still have no clue what I'm going to do this year.  I've used a headlight, later-but-shorter runs, and the elliptical in the past.  Unfortunately, I don't really like any of those options.  I guess I just want constant sunshine :)  It's good you have your treadmill handy.  Darkness is one less thing to worry about because you have a plan.

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

This is how I use a treadmill:

1994848_o.gif

Also, the fact that you can stop eating cookies after one cookie is why you can use a treadmill to run, whereas people like me use it for face-planting/head rubs. :D

• Like 2

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

1994848_o.gif

Also, the fact that you can stop eating cookies after one cookie is why you can use a treadmill to run, whereas people like me use it for face-planting/head rubs. :D

There is just so much win here.  Poor kitty!

• Like 1

Just one cookie?  That's sometimes harder than zero.  Totally a win!

I'm hitting darkness on my runs, too.  I usually exercise in early in the morning, but that's getting harder to do.  I keep thinking I need to come up with a plan.  But I haven't really done anything about it yet.  It's hard to believe I've run through two winters, and still have no clue what I'm going to do this year.  I've used a headlight, later-but-shorter runs, and the elliptical in the past.  Unfortunately, I don't really like any of those options.  I guess I just want constant sunshine :)  It's good you have your treadmill handy.  Darkness is one less thing to worry about because you have a plan.

When I first started running, a million years ago, I only ran outside. At that time I lived in an awesome neighborhood with a public walking path right around the corner. It was super safe, well lit and populated with lots of people. Sadly I don't live there anymore and my real world running has suffered. Then there is winter to contend with: dark and cold and snow. Not good for running but good for snowshoeing! 

1994848_o.gif

This is pretty much how I feel every time I start running! 

More importantly, why doesn't my gym have treadmill holder-uppers?!

• Like 1

Captain's log, Stardate 43308.6. Did not get a workout in today as planned. Too much adulting. I ended up staying at work an hour late finishing up paperwork before leaving for the conference tomorrow morning. Then on my way home, as I was lost deep in thought, I got off the highway an exit early. No big deal. Rather than drive the extra 10 minutes I just hopped back on the highway. IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! It took me an exit to realize what I had done and turn around. This entailed getting off the highway figuring out where in the hell I was and how to get back on the highway in the right direction. What kind of Rangering would that be? 

The good news is that today's diet was good and totally in range calorie wise. 

Now I need to make sure I have everything packed for my trip and hope that all the rain does not mess with my flight. 

• Like 1

Good job not panicking and making it back home.

• Like 1

1994848_o.gif

this is hilarious.

Also, stopping after one cookie is like running after the car when you've left it out of gear on a hill... impressive!

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Captain's log, Stardate 43408.6. East coast girl goes south...I arrived in Louisville this afternoon. Had time to explore the city and scope out some potential dining options. Probably walked at least 2 miles, not including rucking my luggage at the airport. There is a very nice gym at the hotel (with free bottled water) which I plan on taking advantage of. The first event I attended at the conference was a meet and greet or as I like to call it "my personal nightmare"... Total social anxiety overload...walking into a group of people alone where I don't know anyone and then making conversation with said strangers. The food was good though. Not good for me but tasty. Tomorrow will be trainings all day with plenty of time to go for a run and explore the city more.

• Like 1

Fact: working out can alleviate social anxiety stress.

• Like 1

Fact: working out can alleviate social anxiety stress.

So true. If it were not for exercise helping with anxiety, I would have just skipped the reception and stayed in my room. Once upon a time this happened frequently. Exercise has not helped me with awkward conversations or made me like them. I just don't panic or avoid them anymore!

• Like 2

Glad you made it to Louisville safe and sound.  Hope you enjoy all the opportunities to explore.  You have a really great attitude about making the most of your days in a new place.

Oh, and I may or may not have skipped a couple meet-and-greet sessions in my days.  Good for you for making the most of it!

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Captain's log, Stardate 43509.7. So much exploringe new worlds happening. Today I went to the hotel gym at lunch and got a 3 mile run in (31:01). Today they had a bowl of fresh fruit in the gym along with the water! Total win. The trainings are pretty good so far which helps. The only thing is that the temp in the rooms is beyond frigid. I might do some retail Rangering and get a KY sweatshirt for warmth. Tonight's dinner will be decadent as planned not sure which place I will go to yet, either way I will be walking there and back. Food choices for today so far pretty healthy.

Glad you made it to Louisville safe and sound.  Hope you enjoy all the opportunities to explore.  You have a really great attitude about making the most of your days in a new place.

Oh, and I may or may not have skipped a couple meet-and-greet sessions in my days.  Good for you for making the most of it!

Thank you for this^^^. I forget how positive it is that I can so easily explore a new place. There was a time when I would have been way too self-conscious and anxious to go walk around a new city alone never mind go out to dinner in said city alone.

Good job getting in the run! Enjoy shopping retail rangering.

• Like 1

Captain's log, supplemental. My dinner deserves it's own post. I chose to go BBQ tonight because it was closer than my other choice (because it is raining, not due to lazy). I had fried green tomatoes for the first time, so yummy. For dinner I had The slow smoked chicken as recommended by my waiter, also yummy and now I have lunch for tomorrow. There was a small piece of corn bread with dinner. All things considered, not horrible diet wise. The big winners of the meal were the cocktails (yes there were 2!). First I had what the menu called "The Prefect Old Fashioned" and it was LITERALLY the BEST Old Fashioned I have ever had. My second cocktail was called "Crow Cocktail No. 2" made of Rittenhouse Rye, House Pomegranate Grenadine, Lemon Juice, Abbott’s Bitters and was awesome, also recommended by my waiter (I had picked it out as a potential and his recommendation sealed the deal). As soon as I got back to the hotel it started to pour. I hope the weather gets better so I don't have to walk to dinner in the rain tomorrow...but if I will walk in the rain if I have to. Did I mention the best Old Fashioned I have ever had!!!

• Like 1