Cledbo searches for the Wellspring of Wellbeing

Cledbo

Oh where do you get your meat from? I get mine at simply free range.

What a great week for you, really getting into the challenge! Good luck for the coming week xx

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Oh where do you get your meat from? I get mine at simply free range.

What a great week for you, really getting into the challenge! Good luck for the coming week xx

Organic Direct. And thanks! I've read your thread too, haven't had any time for posting yet though. Maybe tomorrow - right now tis sleepy time.

Valkyrie Assassin/Adventurer

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

Week 2 is going reasonably well so far. Some food restrictions were broken, including a glass of wine, and I haven't been able to wrest any hour long nap sessions yet.

I found a small whiteboard that I've put near my bed to track the things that need tracking more easily.

Currently:

Walks 5/7

Naps 2/3 but both were less than 60 min

Journal 1/3

Me time 2/4

So ok but might not get there by end of the week, cos weekend are often so busy.

I want to revisit GMB focused flexibility and build a stretching goal, mainly because stretching doesn't take long and I really don't have the time all at once for proper workouts yet. My next me time chunk will be dedicated to this.

The previous chunk was spent watching lectures about philosophy applied to business strategy 😊

The weather is gorgeous today, Baby girl slept for an hour and a half this morning, I meet some nice new people at mums and bubs session at our local club, AND I've both planned most of my meals for next week and organised a friend's teen daughter to give me a hand next week while my partner is overseas with work. So far, it's a good day.

Tomorrow is tons of shopping, thankfully all in the same area so not too much driving, and Sunday is Pathfinder where we can get our nerd on as is regularly required for true well-being 😉

Later, skaters

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Nap done, walk done, got crap loads done, Baby girl actually feel asleep at 7 for once (fingers crossed she stays there, it's now 7:30!)

Bought GMB integral strength, hoping it will be a good fit for my current time availability and needs. Will report back if and when I get going with it!

Also hung my ninja standing desk in its new location, got a few baby things, had delicious Indian for lunch. It was a good day again 😊

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Week 2 day 2

I'm so shattered I'm in bed and it's, oh, 7:45. Bubs just woke up then seemed to fall asleep again, hopefully she stays asleep for at least a few hours. My partner is away all week so I've really got to scale shit back so I don't literally disintegrate before he comes home!

Positive stuff:

walked to mums group

friend of mine stayed the night last night and we had a lovely time (drank wine, mistake even though it wasn't much because I woke up dehydrated more than once, boo)

Baby girl slept for 2 hrs today so I started watching the GMB integral strength vids and working out how to fit the workouts into my life (hint: it involves asking for help, lol)

I have thawed frozen meals all ready to go for the week, and am planning to eat before baby goes to bed so I can go to bed at the same time, or close to. Which is what I'm doing now. Because seriously. So. Freaking. Tired.

Tomorrow I'm going in search of a local pull up bar in a park. The excitement never stops!

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Positive stuff halfway through week 2:

BG is having a big ol sleep, and we had a kind-of sleep in this morning (she woke at 5 and I brought her to bed with me, where we napped till about 8:30)

Kmart let me return something I'd partially cut open before realising it was the wrong thing

Found a pull up bar in a park 8 min walk from my house

Gradually working my way through frozen leftovers, some of which have got to be nearly a year old (!)

I've selected my 4 focused flexibility stretches and am going to start integral strength next week - can't wait until next challenge, my life doesn't fit that timeline at the moment unfortunately! Call it a mid-challenge update ;)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

I caved to technological peer pressure and finally downloaded a baby tracking app. I have a paper one from when she was first born, just to help me "remember" what she'd done in terms of sleeping, eating and pooping for all those early health visits.

Now she's starting to show signs of a routine, and the gaps between things are getting bigger, an app is actually helpful for keeping track. My brain is definitely still far from 100% too!

Bubs has been taking 20 min naps for the past day and a half, but at least she woke up closer to 6 than 5 today 😛 thinking about sleep and how little I'm getting is all-consuming at the moment.

Only 2 more days till my partner's back. I've survived pretty well, I think. Not twisting my back or picking up our 8kg cat twice a day certainly helps (anyone who says you can't train a cat? Well, you can, to an extent at least 😉)

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

16c45dc7409fc3555b5e9ea572e72de5.jpg

I'm so lazy, there's the pic of my tracking board as of last night. Daylight savings blew out the "put baby to bed on time" plan, and the only thing I managed to almost hit 100% on was walking, mainly because it's the only one I have any real control over!

Overall, not bad for a week alone.

In better news, I went out in the heat today and did the Integral Strength assessment in prep for starting workouts on Wed. I'm pretty happy Werth my levels in the things I thought I would be ok at, and was unsurprised at being unable to do a chin up or straighten my legs on the L sit. A decent starting point, though, and my flexibility isn't half bad either (thank you, prenatal yoga)

Also today was bubs first swimming lesson which was both adorable and amazingly not a total shit fight to get to and from. I have a better idea of my SOP (standard operating procedure) for next time, given that there's very little space to put her down in the change room and she lost patience pretty fast after the class (I don't blame her, there were many screaming children)

Finally, I invested in an online course for beating procrastination and feelings of overwhelm, because for the price is less than a psyche season it sounded like a great deal after hearing the author speak. It's based on neurobiology, several of the things she talked about echoed things I've read before (particularly Linchpin by Seth Godin).

I had an epiphany in the shower this morning, even though I bought the course last night, that the thing I am most avoiding is permanently changing my diet to fix my skin. It's nuts, because I've done it before more than once, but I think because of the whole "got a kid now" thing, my mind is secretly sabotaging my efforts. Or something. Goodness knows planning and logic alone are not working, so we'll see what the course does for me.

Speaking of food, I am hungry again, and tonight I won't be waiting till after baby goes to sleep for make dinner! That was a big mistake >.

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Finally, I invested in an online course for beating procrastination and feelings of overwhelm, because for the price is less than a psyche season it sounded like a great deal after hearing the author speak.

Smart thinking there. Hope it does wonders for you

• Like 1

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

End of week 3 already, wtf? Time for a round up, seeing as I've been neglecting my thread somewhat.

Food: not a fail, not a pass. I've gone back to some non-plan foods and had a big blowout yesterday playing Pathfinder (Maltesers are evil) I can still rein it in and plan on doing so. Mum is staying for the week so at least I don't have to cook - double bonus because I now have a cold! :(

Sleep: walks happened, naps happened, and sleep coaching is most definitely happening along with the sleep deprivation that comes with it.

I will say that baby girl seems to be making progress in the whole falling-asleep-on-her-own department. She was awake for 5 hours yesterday after a 2hr nap (for reference, that should be no more than 2 hrs awake and naps generally 30-45 min!) so it's not all smooth sailing but we're getting somewhere.

Mood: mostly good except yesterday when illness (mine) and lack of sleep (mine and baby's) collided to make me fairly cantankerous. Seeing the psyche this week so will discuss more coping strategies maybe.

No journaling, I literally didn't have time.

Personhood: got 2 me time blocks this week (out of 3 I was aiming for) and spent them mostly reading my new procrastination course material. Looks good but I've got a bit of work to do from the looks if it's to be effective (well, that's the way with all things that actually work, isn't it?)

On to week 4, where I will reaffirm my food goal, stick to sleep coaching and all it's speed bumps, and hopefully fit in some fun as well.

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Being sick is the pits. Being sick when you have to get up twice a night, sometimes for more than an hour, to feed your baby is just beyond awful. I cried for ages today. I took a bath while my mum walked bubs as she slept, and I cried and cried. My sinuses hurt, my head hurts, I can't take any good drugs just plain paracetamol, and nasal spray twice a day.

Baby girl has taken to making a high pitched squealing noise all the time. It's literally painful to listen to. I'm lying in bed now trying and failing to nap while mum and partner play with her, and even through a door, the whole length of the house, and ear plugs I can still hear her. At least I don't have to feed her for an hour or so, then it's her bedtime (not that she'll sleep for long, and it'll take me 2+ hours total time to get her to go to sleep properly for the night)

I've googled "I hate my life and I hate being a mum" today, because reading about other women's awful lives makes me feel a bit better about mine. Misery loves company.

The worst part as usual is not knowing the way out of the hole I'm in. I can't get more sleep, she won't let me. I can't exercise or do anything for myself alone more than I am (which definitely isn't enough), I don't get the time. I can't relax properly because any minute I expect to be (and often am) called upon to feed, comfort, put to sleep again. Again, again, again. It's relentless and I feel like I'm going crazy. Even the googling doesn't help because it's just more mums saying "yeah, I feel like this too" with no solutions. I have people I can ask for help, if only I knew what to ask of them, or if they could help by taking the baby away for more than an hour. Half a day would be nice. A whole night's uninterrupted sleep would be lovely. But both of those things are so out of reach I might as well be asking for a Mercedes and a live in chef.

Sleep coaching seems to be making progress, but it's definitely getting worse (in terms of the amount of sleep we both get) before it hopefully gets better. She needs to fall asleep on her own, without massive whinging, in less than 10 min for success to be declared. At the moment we're a long way off that it seems, though I'm hoping for exponential improvement at some point.

I can hear the squealing changing tenor right now. I'm needed, once again, and after only 50 min of very not restful lying down.

The thought that this could go on for years is so depressing I don't even know what to think about it. All I have is hope. Days like today, it's not really enough.

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

So sorry for that update. I know babies can be a tough deal, especially when they're the firstborn. Have you tried reaching out to fellow Rebels on the issue? I'm sure the support of this wonderful community goes beyond just fitness.

I have people I can ask for help, if only I knew what to ask of them

Just let them know how you feel. You don't have to put out a concrete question, especially when it's not that obvious to yourself.

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Feeling better, still ick but on the mend. Going to make some calls tomorrow to figure out what is worth expending mental energy on or not. Also ate ice cream which, while not in my diet plan, helped. Yes food for comfort isn't a good habit, but sometimes needs must!

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

I'm still here, been lurking on others threads. Also, started this procrastination course thingy which is awesome and mind-expanding. Also also, started sleep training again but only during the day and with a lot more compassion both for myself and bubs than I had before I think.

I've got quite a bit to do this week, with applying for a new office (same govt department, different loc and role - it's a transformation/innovation place and I'm crazy excited to hopefully get to work there) and sorting out some figures for selling our investment property.

After starting this course I've also basically scrapped all my goals except walking, and trying to take time for myself (mainly so I can do the course!) I can see now, after only two lessons, that I try to plan out stuff in too much detail, then get down when I don't meet my own expectations, and that's setting up my mind with a failure "groove"

Part of the fun of this course so far has been digging down and rediscovering some long held goals, scary crazy weird goals I've lost sight of over time. I won't be able to achieve them all right away, or even in a few years, but just getting them back and the hope that finding them brings is great.

• Like 1

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Quick wrap up for anyone who drops by:

I'll be hopefully starting an accountability group for next challenge, and having a very low key challenge thread. Life is...not great at the moment, but I think I can get benefit from sticking around the boards (it's more fun than Facebook or the news for those middle of the night feeds, apart from anything else) and hopefully a few people join my group - it'll be super easy, even for those who often find themselves over-stretched around here.

Anyway, I've got a job application to write first, so if I have to start late then so be it!

• Like 2

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Dropping by to say "Hi!" Curious to hear more about your "procrastination course thingy." Sounds intriguing...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Dropping by to say "Hi!" Curious to hear more about your "procrastination course thingy." Sounds intriguing...

It's pretty cool. I'm planning to do up my thread on Sunday, it won't be much (especially compared to some novels masquerading as threads I've seen!) But there will be something!

Epic Quest

Current Challenge: