CandiRose throws herself into life!

CandiRose

Goal: Throw myself full throttle at life!

It’s funny how you can have those moments when you realise what life is all about, I had one in the car the other day. I have spent much of my life looking forward to being happy. “I’ll be happy when I finish uni/buy a house/get married…ect†and have realised I need to slow down and enjoy now. It’s not about some lofty goals of obtaining stuff but throwing myself in fully  to enjoy each and every day.

Bit about me (feel free to skip):

I am a soon to be (15th of Sep) 27 year old lady from Melb Australia. Happily married to a lovely boy. I am insane about my niece and soon to be born nephew, however am not planning any of my own thanks! I work a social worker with children and families so can be quite the politically/socially minded.

I am wee bit nerdy, loving video games, conventions and larping. I have only started LARP recently but LOVE it for the fantastic mix between nerdy-ness and fitness. I am on Fitbit and MFP.

I am a coeliac (also a recent discovery), the least picky eater you will find with a sugar addiction. I am currently 85kgs which is way way too high. I am a petite frame so should be at least 25 kgs lighter if not 30kgs.  I love dancing, walking and don’t mind short bits of Yoga.

This time: Get my weight below 79kgs and into the next BMI bracket, be involved actively in my fitness and activities.

Food-

*Start logging my food Monday to Friday, so I can be accountable

*Remove Gluten from my diet completely

*Quit sugar between Monday and Friday

Exercise-

*Sh’Bam (dance class) twice a week

*Swordcraft (LARP) on Fridays

*Work up to exercising 2 other days a week-preferably strength based work outs

*Start tracking steps again

Life-

*Get involved-Dance more, go out more, read more, play more, hang out with my kids more, make new friends, connect with old friends-Just go and do!!

*I want to be able to put down something I have done to ‘get involved’ every day for the duration

I will do all my measurements ready for the 14th and track the following every two weeks:

Weight

Waits

Hips

Arms

Thighs

• Like 3

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Welcome to the mindfulness of NOW!

Congratulations on your decision, strive to remember that NOW is what matters whenever you start getting ahead of yourself.

If you are looking to drop some pounds, I would recomend getting your diet in check before you start making excersise commitments with yourself. Because you can train 8 days a week, but if your nutrition isn't good, you will not loose weight, and it is very frustrating.

Good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

Amount of what you have to give in order to succeed.

The Adventure Awaits...

Instagram

Exciting!

• Like 1

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Welcome to the mindfulness of NOW!

Congratulations on your decision, strive to remember that NOW is what matters whenever you start getting ahead of yourself.

If you are looking to drop some pounds, I would recomend getting your diet in check before you start making excersise commitments with yourself. Because you can train 8 days a week, but if your nutrition isn't good, you will not loose weight, and it is very frustrating.

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for the feed back :)

My exercise goals are more about my mental health than weight loss. I work a very stressful and emotionally draining job, working out is a really good de-stress and refocus for me.

I am very focused on my eating this time, I want to cut out sugar as much as I can.

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Cutting out sugar makes a huuuuuge difference once you get over the initial withdrawal. I'm rooting for you!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Cutting out sugar makes a huuuuuge difference once you get over the initial withdrawal. I'm rooting for you!

Thanks! I've done it before, day 2 is the hardest I think

My younger brother does Swordcraft as well. Really enjoys it - apparently it is a load of fun and good times. Seems like a well set out challenge. Look forward to watching you progress.

Really? who does he play with??

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Current Challenge

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Oh wow. Cutting out sugar and gluten at the same time sounds rough. Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Nice set of goals! I was wondering how you would hold yourself accountable on the life quest and then read in the next line that you've got it all figured out ;)

It seems there are a lot of people working on cutting out sugar around here (me, too). Do you want to reduce all kinds of sugar (no fruit, no honey etc.)?

• Like 1

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

So today was some wins and some losses :S Also tomorrow is my birthday so cake will be had at both work and at my family dinner!

I need to mention I got confused with dates and did not do any measurements on the weekend to start me off!
I will en-devour to get up early tomorrow morning and do it :)

Goal 1-food

My eating was the main down fall...my phone died overnight and so no alarm went off leaving me getting out of bed at 8:50am...lucky I live only a few minutes form work! The problem being i rushed out of the door with no breakfast or lunch! Which then lead to a block of chocolate being eaten because I was so disorganized with my day!!

I still logged and ate Gluten free however the sugar thing was a bit of a fail.

Goal 2-Exercise

I managed to get myself down to the gym and am soooooooooooooo glad I did, I've been super anxious all day and the endorphin kick was just what I needed.

Goal 3-Life

I am going to read a bit tonight. I have a pile of vampire romance novels a friend game and I think it's just what I need after this day!

Good luck, let's battle against sugar together  :peaceful:

I love Melbourne, have been there a few times and many friends have moved from here (Christchurch) to there.

Yay battel buddy! I have always wanted to go to NZ! will have to make an effort! My husband and I really wanna do a LOTR tour :D

Oh wow. Cutting out sugar and gluten at the same time sounds rough. Good luck!

The gluten I've been doing for the last 8 weeks due to my Coeliac diagnosis, it makes me sick enough to want to avoid it haha! but I'm not good and double checking labels!!

Nice set of goals! I was wondering how you would hold yourself accountable on the life quest and then read in the next line that you've got it all figured out ;)

It seems there are a lot of people working on cutting out sugar around here (me, too). Do you want to reduce all kinds of sugar (no fruit, no honey etc.)?

I want to reduce processed sugar. I'll still be aiming for 2 pieces of fruit a day (morning and afternoon tea times).

Destroy the Sugar Dragon! That's been my constant battle, for sure. Looking forward to hearing about your Sh'Bam and Swordcraft again.

YAY! my friend is back!!

Sh'Bam was awesome, I really wanna look into being an instructor once I'm a bit fitter :) something about dancing is so freeing

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Current Challenge

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Yeah I guess you have an added incentive to stick with it. That's kind of helpful, in the least helpful way possible lol.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Goal: Buy huge bike

fullthrottle1.gif

Bit about me (feel free to skip):

I am a soon to be (15th of Sep) 27 year old lady from Melb Australia. Happily married to a lovely boy. I am insane about my niece and soon to be born nephew, however am not planning any of my own thanks! I work a social worker with children and families so can be quite the politically/socially minded.

I am wee bit nerdy, loving video games, conventions and larping. I have only started LARP recently but LOVE it for the fantastic mix between nerdy-ness and fitness. I am on Fitbit and MFP.

Why would you tell people to skip the like 3 sentences about yourself?

I'm enrolled to get my Master's in Social Work.  :P  And I'd like to LARP once I drop some more weight. Not comfortable enough for that yet.

• Like 1

Hey fellow Melbournian, finally got around to checking out your thread!

I've wanted to LARP for ages, my partner used to do World of Darkness back in the day. Now, finding the time may be next to impossible, at least until the little one is old enough to do it with us! (She will be a nerd, she doesn't stand a chance lol)

I think day 3 is always the hardest whenever I've quit sugar in the past (spoiler: it hasn't stuck yet) but once you're past that hurdle it does gradually get easier. Also don't beat yourself up if you do have some, just reflect on what what happened and plan for next time - your no breakfast or lunch experience is an example!

Finally, all of nz looks like Middle Earth, especially near Queenstown which is gorgeous anyway. We went for a drive and saw plenty of movie scenery, sometimes different bits on either side of the road!

Good luck with the rest of your week, I'm following 😃

• Like 1

Valkyrie Assassin/Adventurer

Epic Quest

Current Challenge:

Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th

Hey!

You're like my older twin on the other side of Aus or something >.>

And, I missed the fitbit thing. If you want to add each other let me know.

If you do go to NZ, definitely do Hobbiton. It was absolutely gorgeous and tiny things so cute.

The Sackville cider they sell there is delicious too.

And all of NZ is pretty anyway. I want to go back there :(

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Hows it going Di? super proud!

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Goal: Buy huge bike

fullthrottle1.gif

Why would you tell people to skip the like 3 sentences about yourself?

I'm enrolled to get my Master's in Social Work.  :tongue:  And I'd like to LARP once I drop some more weight. Not comfortable enough for that yet.

Social Workers are the best :P  LARP is awesome and seriously dont feel held back by size. At the one I attended there are people of all ages/gender/ethnicity/fitness levels! its a real mixed bag and totally awesome :D

Which Fitbit are you using?

Also, hello!

JOTHRA IS BACK!!!!! yay :D Also I'm using an old fitbit one

Hey fellow Melbournian, finally got around to checking out your thread!

I've wanted to LARP for ages, my partner used to do World of Darkness back in the day. Now, finding the time may be next to impossible, at least until the little one is old enough to do it with us! (She will be a nerd, she doesn't stand a chance lol)

I'm part of a group called Swordcraft, look into it they have a website and FB page and has upto 400 people a night when the weather is good.

I know in the summer a lot of people bring their kids down to watch because they love seeing all the costumes :)

Hey!

You're like my older twin on the other side of Aus or something >.>

And, I missed the fitbit thing. If you want to add each other let me know.

If you do go to NZ, definitely do Hobbiton. It was absolutely gorgeous and tiny things so cute.

The Sackville cider they sell there is delicious too.

And all of NZ is pretty anyway. I want to go back there :(

Haha funny you say that because the chick who replied under you is my twin :P

I would love to add fitbit friend but I dont know how :S anyone care to let me know??

Will give my update after the gym this evening...logn story short: Quiting sugar this week is probably not gonna happen....

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Current Challenge

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Haha funny you say that because the chick who replied under you is my twin :tongue:

I would love to add fitbit friend but I dont know how :S anyone care to let me know??

Triplets?!?!? Muahahahahaha!

I think it works by username or email. I'll figure it out and let you know!

• Like 1

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

Well anyone who wants to add me let me know and I'll pm you my email :)

So as far as an update yesterday and today went as terribly as you can expect with it being my birthday. Didn't do much as my sister is due with her baby any day, just a nice family dinner.

I think I've eaten a whole cheese cake in the last two days and I regret nothing...Cheesecake is my fav and I havent had it since my diagnosis so mummy made me a gluten free one!!!!

I got to the gym tonight and did a shbam class but I know its not enough to make up for the cheesecake binge. Ah well you only turn 27 once ;)

I've been thinking about my sugar habits and think that after i finish my cheese cake that I should try and go sugar free the rest of the challenge rather than just during the week...5 days is enough to get the cravings out of my system but the come the weekends and BAM back into the habit and then back into cravings... anyone else gone that long before?

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Current Challenge

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%