• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Finisterre

Finisterre Joins the Assassins' Guild!

Ahhh, weighted stretches. The best (worst).

Totally worth it because I got further in a lot of them than I have before, but she's also working out new ways to torture me when I get back from my holiday.  I think she just likes hearing me mewing.

Wednesday was reasonable - I got my reading in and managed two portions of fruit and veg.  No yoga or flexing as I decided to give myself a rest after Tuesday!

I had my 2nd year thesis committee meeting this morning and it went really well so I'm off the hook (hahahahah as if...) till next year.  Have somehow failed to have ANY fruit or veg yet today (well not strictly true, but the fruit in my breakfast yoghurt isn't enough to make up a portion) so I think today might be a fail on that one too as I'm trying not to buy too much food before I go on holiday.  Tonight's plan (assuming I get away from work any time soon) involves washing all the clothes I need for holidaying (just don't worry about the fact I need to be packed by tomorrow...), clearing the flat a bit so it isn't too disgusting when I get back and hopefully throwing in either yoga or stretching.  In fact that has to happen tonight because I need to pack my mat!  At least on Saturday I can do my session on a rug at my parents'.

I was meant to do a lot of this last night, but didn't get home until 8 and all I could face doing was eating my dinner, watching Bake Off and going to bed.  I would probably go home now and start sorting things but I'm waiting for my supervisor to get back to me and chat about some results >.>

That's amaaaazing progress for just 5 months! How much have you been training in that time?

:D thank you!  Surprisingly not that much.  I did quite a lot in the first couple of months then for a couple of months it was less training and more just messing about with it now and again.  I've gone back to more proper training the last few weeks, need to kick it all back up a notch and get those feet on the floor!  I'm also working on it with my arms forward with the long term goal of then being able to press into an elbow stand but there's less of a backbend that way, and I can only get myself about half an inch up  :hopelessness:

Today was a bit of a disaster really.  I made it to one portion in the end, and didn't do any yoga or stretching.  I did get my washing done, packed as much as I can at this stage and made up a new batch of rat food so not a total loss I suppose.  There's SO MUCH to get done tomorrow, and I have to go into work which I was hoping to avoid so the plan is to get in nice and early, leave at lunch and finish everything in the afternoon so I can get to training then to my parents tomorrow night.

Went a bit AWOL there!  Friday I frantically traipsed to Glasgow, Saturday family friends appeared and Sunday I flew out to Malta for a holiday.

Friday:  Managed to get two portions in!

Saturday:  One portion

Sunday:  One portion

Monday:  Two portions!

Also completely failed to do any more yoga or stretching >.>  I did at least get in all my reading last week!

Tbh it's mostly just going to end up being raw veg chucked in whatever I'm eating.  Always preferred them raw for some reason!

Oooh where/when do you yoga?  It probably would just be one session though as I am utterly skint :'(

Sorry for taking an age to reply! I go to Canning Street. Best thing is that the first session is free. It's a good place to go for a treat when you can, though, especially if you can manage 6pm on a Friday occasionally. ;)

Sorry for taking an age to reply! I go to Canning Street. Best thing is that the first session is free. It's a good pace to go for a treat when you can, though, especially if you can manage 6pm on a Friday occasionally. ;)

Hmmmmmm, I may be able to manage a Friday, I go over to train in Glasgow but could do that post-yoga...

So far this week I'm over my two yogas (yay mini challenge!) and on one flexibility session with one planned for tomorrow.

Tuesday two portions

Wednesday five (!!!)

Thursday two

Friday two

I've found a cafe which does waffles and pancakes with enough fruit to count as two portions ;)

So I only made it to one portion yesterday, and didn't do my flexibility.  I did do a yoga session and flexibility work today though!  So I'm on track for yoga and flexibility, on track with my reading (SO EASY when you're on holiday...) and middling on the fruit and veg front.

Pretty pleased overall though - I managed both crow and side crow thanks to the yoga mini challenge, and in my flexibility work today I managed to bend back into a bridge from stand which has been my nemesis :D

Indulging in excessive reading on holiday is such a pleasure. 

It really is.  ALL THE BOOKS!

Only managed one portion Sunday and Monday :(  Need to get my arse back in gear on this one!

MOAR VEG.

Yes'm!

I got in three portions yesterday (Tuesday) and two today so improvement.  Tomorrow I fear disaster as I'm travelling all day - although I could have a plum for breakfast and some fruit with brunch (I'm treating my mam to pancakes ^-^) which is already two...

I got in three portions yesterday (Tuesday) and two today so improvement.  Tomorrow I fear disaster as I'm travelling all day - although I could have a plum for breakfast and some fruit with brunch (I'm treating my mam to pancakes ^-^) which is already two...

Good job!

And a little planning ahead will likely save tomorrow from being a disaster. :)

Soooo.....

Thursday I only managed one portion :( lots of reading
Friday I somehow didn't have any.

Saturday and Sunday both made it to three portions, but I didn't do any reading Friday/Saturday/Sunday.  I also only got in one flex session and no yoga.  Not my best week!

There's always next week! :)

New week to hit your goals in. :)

Yup - this week is already going better!  Two portions yesterday, and my reading.

I've had one portion so far today.  May or may not make my flexibility class tonight - one of my rats is going for surgery tomorrow so there's preparation that will probably mean I can't get away in time.

Aw, good luck surgery rat!

Thank you!  She's quite high risk for the anaesthesia but what we suspect is a tumour is causing a lot of weight loss so we don't have much of a choice but to go in.  She's the one I've had longest so I'm not ready for her to go!

Oh dear oh dear.  Last week fell apart somewhat as my rat didn't make it through surgery and I spent a couple of days moping...

Tuesday - 2 portions

Wednesday - 1 portion

Thursday/Friday/Saturday - none

Sunday - 3 portions

I only got in one flexibility, and no yoga sessions.

No reading got done after Tuesday either :(

Not a great week really.

Oh dear oh dear.  Last week fell apart somewhat as my rat didn't make it through surgery and I spent a couple of days moping...

I'm so sorry! Losing a loved one is hard, my thoughts and prayers are with you. 

I'm so sorry! Losing a loved one is hard, my thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Sorry for your loss. :(((

Thank you both.  Luckily she went under the anaesthetic so she had a peaceful end, though I'd have loved to get a bit more time with her.