awesomesue puts the horse before the cart

awesomesue

Cuddly kiddo all day kept it a rest day.  Happily she is much better today and going to school!  Her teachers from last year rolled over to this year and well we did not get any feedback from them last year.  Not even on the grade cards.  It was all generic "The children all work so hard and are great.  We all love the projects.".  So this weekend I emailed them all three asking about how our kiddo is doing.  So far one has replied.  Nice.  I did let them know I will be seeking feedback every month or more about kiddo so we can "help in her learning process".  Yep parents that want to make sure their kiddo does well and we have to beg the teachers for feedback.  We have several teachers in our family and that is what they recommended we do in order to find out specifically what she is struggling with and doing well with for each subject.  

Last night was sort of groggy and long.  I read for 30 minutes with kiddo.  She has to read a minimum of 20 minutes a night for school anyway.  :)  However I did not behave so well with dinner so that is down one meal this week.  No extra miles and I did not get out to get a new tube.  We will grab it tonight and I will spend a few minutes replacing the rear tube.  I need new tires outright since the tread shows loads of wear.  My husband thought it was odd I have a second flat but then when he thought about all the miles I have ridden and some of the surfaces then needing a new tube is not a shocker.  LOL

Today I have strength, walking (chose to take the bus in), and may run part of the way home if it is not raining.  :)  Of course fixing a flat is high on the priority list.  I was sad to see a cyclist go by when waiting for the bus.

Food for the day...

B - IF

L - green soup, apple, lentil dish

D - peas, bacon, and pasta one pot dish + salad with mushrooms.

Eating Optimally for me (41/114)

36%
36%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (630 minutes done)

44%
44%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (153/458)

33%
33%

Strength + extras (12/36)

33%
33%
  • Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Good job rolling with the punches and getting back up when you fall down.  Great examples for the little one.

Even the most well-meaning teacher can overlook how to help specific kids, especially when they don't seem to be a Problem.  Good for you taking the conversation to them.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

So desperate for a run that I did not use my inhaler (exercise induced asthma during certain weather conditions), wore shoes that always lands tender shins, did not care it was raining while at work, ventured into the parking garage to get in a lap despite it being busy and stinky, and failed to eat first.  LOL  All said and done I got in 1.5 miles of a run/walk but I was out moving!  Now I am eating, coughing, and thinking I need to plan better for times when the mood strikes.  :)

However as a result broccoli and spinach soup never tasted so good.  Lentils and rice are the bomb at the moment too.  Still am looking forward to that apple later.

Weather radar looks as if it will be raining when I get off work and it will be more of a downpour possibly thus the spur of the moment get out and run at any cost now.  

• Like 2

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Keep on those teachers, or maybe call into the administration office? It's a busy time of year, too (but really, when is it not busy?!) but they should be giving you more feedback. Don't get me started on the American school system! 

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law: my grandmother has Alzheimer's. It creates very complicated emotions for all of us. I think it's tougher for us to deal with than the people who actually suffer from it. 

Look at those progress bars go! You've catching up to me on the way to Rivendell. Make sure you yell hi to me when you zip by!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

No tired fixed and I missed a strength workout!  I can make it up if I skip my preferred Monday Rest Day time though.  Between talking with kiddo as she did homework, housework, cooking, and being generally restless I did not even fix my bike tire ... uh oh!  My husband will not be able to help until Friday.  I can not get the tire back on the wheel without his help.  I wonder if that interesting little plastic tire tool you can buy would help.  I think the restlessness is bike withdraw after 2 week days of no commuting.  ;)

Today I get some walking since I took the bus.  May run at lunch a couple miles depending on how my knees feel.  Strength when I get home and it is kiddo and my night together.  I did okay with food but my husband bought ice cream.  He wanted to include me so he bought stuff I could eat without being sick.  I love how he thinks of me but I really am not feeling junk right now.  He knows that saying no can be downright depressing while watching everyone else say yes please.  He loves ice cream with cake and after 21 years I forgot that aspect of his birthday so he had ice cream without cake.  I ate not even a 1/3 cup.  So I kept it very reasonable.  It did taste nice.  We kept dinner to good portion sizes so much so that instead of having one serving left for lunch we had 3!

I did take some time to read to relax for about 30 minutes and between my two bus rides yesterday I read for another 30 minutes!

Food for today:

B - leftovers (I was quite hungry this morning)

L -  lentils and rice + carrot and ginger soup I made during food prep the other weekend + apple

D - Mushrooms sauteed (teaching kiddo how) and eggs + almond milk with banana and pumpkin puree for a drink

Eating Optimally for me (44/114)

38%
38%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (690 minutes done)

48%
48%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (157.5/458)

34%
34%

Strength + extras (12/36)

33%
33%
  • Like 2

Keep on those teachers, or maybe call into the administration office? It's a busy time of year, too (but really, when is it not busy?!) but they should be giving you more feedback. Don't get me started on the American school system! 

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law: my grandmother has Alzheimer's. It creates very complicated emotions for all of us. I think it's tougher for us to deal with than the people who actually suffer from it. 

Look at those progress bars go! You've catching up to me on the way to Rivendell. Make sure you yell hi to me when you zip by!

Thank you so much!  It is hard with the mother in law.  Feeling of guilt and being cheated for us, sadness for us as she realized what is going on and is experiencing her own emotional distress, and oh so much more as you know.

Slowed a bit this week on heading to Rivendell.  If you are not careful I will toss you on the back of my bike and bring you along.  :)  

Before computers my teachers would write notes by hand about each child on the report card.  With computers they can not but her teacher last year could Tweet about the kids throughout the day.  Yeah...no.  My husband and I put a stop to it because she was posting pictures of kids.  We had not given permission for that and with our backgrounds we know how people follow certain media sites looking for pictures of kids and so on.  Her defense was all the top educators tweeted.  That did not get her far.  That was last year.  That scheme has not happened this year so that is nice.  Two out of three have replied and we definitely appreciate their feedback.  I let them know that too.

• Like 2

Eating Optimally for me (47/114)

41%
41%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (720 minutes done)

50%
50%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (162.5/458)

35%
35%

Strength + extras (13/36)

36%
36%

Great food day!  Breakfast for dinner was eggs, teeny tiny steak thing we had in the freezer, mushrooms, and onions.  Mmmmmmm  Feel good about food yesterday and definitely enjoyed what I ate.  I had coworkers apologize for eating this burrito monstrosity in front of me when they saw my soup and lentil dish.  I had to reassure them I was not that hungry, I packed and ate what I wanted, and I like my style of eating.

Had definite fun for 30 minutes.

Nailed a fantastic strength workout.

Walked 5 miles.  No tire fixed yet.  GGGrrrrrrr  

Got home last night and managed to get it all done including having a blast with kiddo.  She played her violin for me, did her homework and extra practice sheets for math, she planned out other items the teacher wants the class to work on weekly (picked the days she is doing the online extra math work), did her chores, and helped me make a fantastic dinner.  We also watched a movie, took showers, and played with stuffed animals.  It was awesome.

Today I am going to do/eat the following:

• Extra strength stuff
  • Run
  • Walk
  • Fun
  • Breakfast - this concoction I made of almond milk, pureed pumpkin, ground chia seeds, and seasonings (cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, dash of pepper)  It actually is tasty!
  • Lunch - Green soup with curry + apple + lentils 
  • Dinner - I have no clue what breakfast item we will make.  I may go to the store to grab some meat and do ramen with egg.  Kiddo asked for it.
  • Like 3

Um, teachers tweeting about your kids without your permission? That's so not OK! I can't imagine the school would be too happy about that, either.

Good job with all your food choices, sometimes I find that it's tough to actually sit down and just eat the healthy food I packed for myself when other people are eating delicious looking things in front of me, but you're obviously stronger than me!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Um, teachers tweeting about your kids without your permission? That's so not OK! I can't imagine the school would be too happy about that, either.

Good job with all your food choices, sometimes I find that it's tough to actually sit down and just eat the healthy food I packed for myself when other people are eating delicious looking things in front of me, but you're obviously stronger than me!

We are thrilled the Twitter urge has been squashed with the teachers.  Other parents where not happy either.  

No not stronger.  Just been hacking away at it longer.  There are days their stuff looks tempting.  I have given in but have regretted it later.  Sometimes the regret was how it makes my gut feel immediately or later, how I discover it is not as satisfying when eaten (end up hungry later or never satisfied while eating), how it rarely tastes as good as I recall it tasting, and/or there is the emotional aspect of ultimately not being happy with the choice.  I have been slowly changing how I eat for a long time.  A few years ago a large can of beans, 6 hot dogs, and a box of mac n cheese was a meal for 2 people and we would then have desert.  I can not fathom that anymore.  My tastes have changed so much!  It took time though.  I could do donuts for breakfast and now the idea of anything sweet puts me off.  We do make pancakes and I eat mine plain, with fruit as a topping (fresh or frozen...nothing sweetened), or make it savory somehow.  Never imagined a day I would prefer salad for breakfast over pastries.

I love the foods I eat and how they taste so much more.  Unless exhausted my husband and I are at the point we like what we cook and how we prepare it more than when we buy it out somewhere.  Makes eating out hard when we make it better and end up disappointed.  Kiddo even will get a favorite out (last time it was fried chicken) and she exclaimed a little too loudly that mine tastes better, has more flavor, and is not so salt.  LOL  We had the added push of seeing how much food can impact how I feel physically.  

• Like 1

Done! - Extra strength stuff

Done! - Run

Done! - Walk

Done! - Fun

Done! - Breakfast: this concoction I made of almond milk, pureed pumpkin, ground chia seeds, and seasonings (cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, dash of pepper)  It actually is tasty!

Done! - Lunch:  Green soup with curry + apple + lentils 

Uh-oh!! - Dinner:  Husband stayed home sick.  Although I am content with my choices for dinner I am calling it a fail.  I was satisfied if not feeling a bit full and yet I knowingly decided to go ahead and eat more.  So over ate intentionally.  Nothing emotional or anything I just opted to do it.  

Eating Optimally for me (49/114)

43%
43%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (750 minutes done)

52%
52%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (167.5/458)

37%
37%

Strength + extras (14/36)

39%
39%

So much up in the air today.  I know I will get in strength oriented work (may swap a workout day with an extras day and do the dumbbell tomorrow.  Food is basic.  Left overs, lentils, hard boiled egg, and I have no clue about dinner.  Going for some veggies that is for sure although it is pizza night and a bbq pizza with pineapple sounds tasty.  I do know over eating is not an option.  No bike still today although I am doing the tire tomorrow and replacing my busted rear light.  I do not like to ride with the light I have to use right now.  It is not that bright but it has worked until we could get out to replace the one I had been using.

Walking is happening and I forgot to get change for the bus (exact change is a must) so I am walking/running home!  That is ALWAYS fun if not a little challenging.  :)

• Like 2

So looking forward to the run home!  Been a few months since I have ran home.  It has either been rainy or I have been on my beloved bike.  Yesterday at lunch my knee was aching a bit and both shins during the run.  Keep it slow and will walk if needed to prevent injury.  Then this weekend the bike will be fixed (yeah slacking and let it get away and then my helper with the super strong hands had class and was not home to help).  ;)  Now I am not sure what to do at lunch if I am not running.  I guess a walk would be in order and some strength extras to make sure I get something in since the evening is out of whack schedule wise.  I do not want to chance it falling apart. 

• Like 2

Okay counting the walking today at work and at lunch I have 4 miles in and still a run home.  Shins feel not too bad.  Still will play that by ear.  I did decide I am going to enjoy some mad bagpipes when running.  Maybe some Wicked Tinkers.  I love to run to the album Rant.  

• Like 2

May your run home be pleasant, and full of fun bagpipe sounds.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

The run was interesting.  Cold rain the entire time.  Darn weather for moving in sooner than expected.  Still it did not stop me.  Unfortunately my knee really flared up and made it so I did way more walking than I wanted.  Still it was a fun way to get home.  I wore my sunglasses to keep the rain out of my eyes.  LOL  By the time I got home both knees were not pleased.  Been a while since I tackled 9 miles between walking and running so that it expected.  Plus weather can hurt in general if I have any inflammation going on still nothing that prevents me from tackling things.

Loads of bagpipes helped immensely.  

So I was thinking while heading home and looking around.  You see so much more when walking/running/biking an area.  If you do not do it often but want to start at least some of the time be prepared.  You see way more than in a car and in close detail.  I love seeing different buildings.  Random plants growing.   Unexpected gems in the unlikeliest of places.  Cool bits of art that are just blurs if you even seem them when driving.  Looking into shops that I normally would not shop is fun.  You get to see a wide variety of folks.  I go through poor areas, college area, and an eclectic area.  I see a an interesting mix of people.  I saw business people.  College students.  People that go to the beat of their own drummer.  People going in and out of high priced shops.  I hear all kinds of conversations.  I saw others out exercising despite the weather.  We are a persistent bunch aren't we?  For once I saw other female bike commuters.  I never see any the times I ride except once on my way home in the past year.  I kid you not.  It is that rare I see a female bike commuter.  Last night it took longer to get home so I saw more bike commuters in general and it felt amazing to know I am part of that too.  I also saw many that suffer from addiction.  Many that are mentally ill and in the middle of their psychosis.  I saw many homeless looking for money and places to hunker in with the chilly rain setting in.  Looking for a place to stay warm and safe.  We have gangs in the area too but they go unnoticed by many.  My husband works with people that have dual diagnosis of mental illness and substance use disorders.  He said some clients talk of being homeless and are often beaten and robbed of what little they have at night by these gangs.  That never makes the news.  But the college student or other individual that had a laptop stolen from their car because they left it sitting out in plain view next to their wallet...that makes the news from time to time.  Not that they deserve to have their stuff stolen, they don't.

The week prior on my ride into work I was going by an area that caters to people a little better off.  There was a fitness facility with all their machines and large glass windows.  There were people on the elliptical machines at the front window.  They were focused on the building across the street.  I mean staring intently because they did not want to look down at their controls.  If they did they would see the glass doorway right there.  Just a couple feet from them.  They would have been forced to see the homeless man wrapped in an old carpet trying to stay warm while sleeping.  They would have to step over him to leave unless they went out the back door.  Many had their cars parked at meters right at front of the facility.

That is my commute via walking/running/biking most every day.  Yesterday I did not have to worry about traffic as much so it gave me more time to think.  

Eating Optimally for me (52/114)

46%
46%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (750 minutes done)

52%
52%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (176.5/458)

39%
39%

Strength + extras (15/36)

42%
42%

Pretty pleased with my progress bars.  This weekend I will walk/run less and hop back on the bike.  Gives the knees a break and riding helps keep them moving and workout issues when they are sore.  Gotta slow down the running and walking and be smart.   :)  Before I know it 9-10 miles will be nothing.  

Going to do some mid challenge measurements.  I do not expect to see that much improvement on the body measurements.  I have worked hard but not enough time to see changes.  Then again you never know!

So besides biking, I have meal planning and prep to do, plan on having fun with clay (may start a TARDIS and definitely making forest spirit from Princess Mononoke), housework as always, and we will see from there.  Of course measurements and strength are also happening.

• Like 2

Eating Optimally for me (57/114)

50%
50%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (850 minutes done)

59%
59%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (176.5/458)

39%
39%

Strength + extras (16/36)

44%
44%

Missed another strength/extra session.  No mileage in this weekend to speak of but it has been productive.  Very busy all weekend.  Managed some great meal planning and prep.  It was amazing to be grocery shopping and be able to buy such beautiful produce.  I was on top of the world.  I roasted a spaghetti squash that will be my lunch for the next 3 days.  Cooked up a load of chili to have in the freezer.  It is for the time you are too tired to cook and will help make sure we do not waste money ordering out.  Such a lovely meaty chili!  Played with clay and well my little guy did not turn out but it was fun working with clay and doing it with my kiddo.  Definitely a learning process but I am enjoying it.  Also got my bike tire changed out and cleaned/oiled the chain.  Well I ran out of oil but I had enough to get it done.  So I am back in the saddle again baby!  Behind on the mileage for the challenge so I have some serious riding to knock out!  If I keep up all the running and walking on top of it then I still see it as very possible.   :)

I have been so overwhelmed this weekend but getting stuff done.  Anyway I have not gotten all my mid challenge measures in yet.  I plan on doing the rest tomorrow.  I am not taking bodily measurements until the end of the challenge.  

Here is what I have so far (and I am pretty excited):

planks - improved by 50%

push ups - improved by 150%

pull ups - improved by 50% (still progressing to a full pull up but it is an improvement upon what I am doing)

sitting in a squatting position - improved by 18%

reverse crunches - improved by 22%

weight - down 2.8%

All I have left to check is the number of burpees I can do in 10 minutes and the number of get-ups I can do in 10 minutes.  Nice not focusing on hard numbers but just seeing how much I can improve on those numbers.

• Like 3

Such an amazing ride into work today!  The stars were so bright and the sky was clear.  The temp was in the 50's.  Bike felt pretty great.  Going to extend my ride home a bit to make up some lost miles.  Friday we are closed at work and I have a 30-40 mile ride in the works.

Very happy with the meal planning and food prep this weekend.  Last time I planned meals I forgot to account for the "way too tired to care or want to cook" nights and "so very busy times" that happen unexpectedly.  I prepped food in case any of those hit and planned meals to make sure we are in good shape.  Set kiddo up with awesome snacks when she gets in from school.  I am often greeted with when are we eating and what can we eat right now.  No "hi mom" or "I love you" but "Feed me Seymour"...ha ha ha  We have apples which she does eat a lot of, a few peaches, chobani yogurt (without loads of crap), baby carrots, and raisins.  Her dad made some delicious sour dough bread from this starter he has had for a few months so she can always have a slice of that too.  It has been a while since we had bread.  

I have a 1pm meeting so I am going to try and take lunch at 11 so I can run a couple miles.  Brought my decent shoes.  LOL Strength planned for today and knock out my other 2 measures.  :)  Going to work on getting around 2-3 miles of walking in throughout the day.  It is nice to have a job that allows me to be on my feet.  

Food:

B - left overs from taco night (we do it all homemade with decent ingredients) - meat, beans, spanish rice...quick and easy to grab

L - spaghetti squash with sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) and just a tiny sprinkle of parmessan cheese + apple + a chobani greek yogurt if I need more food

D - okay not a healthy night but it is planned.  I have been craving coney dogs and my husband makes a delicious sauce and homemade mac n cheese (not from a box at all except some pasta...LOL).  Not going over board with any of it but enough to enjoy and not eat too much.  Also there will be some spinach on my plate with avocado.  Will balance out this meal with my usual good eating so no stress here.  It will only be a fail if I over eat and ignore veggies.

• Like 2

Eating Optimally for me (59/114)

52%
52%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (870 minutes done)

50%
50%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (193.5/458)

42%
42%

Strength + extras (16/36)

44%
44%

Uh oh dinner....ate a bit too much.  Tasted so good and I ate too fast.  Thus I overate before realizing I was satisfied.  I think the amount of food on my plate should have been a red flag.  I much prefer to eat slow.  I However now we have a nice meaty coney sauce in the freezer as something that can be tossed into the meal mix when in a pinch.  Again better than ordering out, homemade so we know what is in it, and well frankly it tastes amazing.  And I let the evening get away and missed strength.  Someone showed up and ate about an hour of my time.

Okay so I had a great ride into work this morning.  I was thinking about last night and how to help improve my new routine/schedule with the spouse now working.  He is so dang busy with school and work.  He also works very hard to spend time with us (we are a pretty tight family).  I do so much more than I had to in the past.  I love being in the kitchen more.  It is fun to make good good for the family.  In looking at my day I realized dishes always have to get done and they do.  However I do them in the morning often thinking hey I can definitely workout in the evening.  Something happens in the evening and poof there goes the night.  I think I will save cleaning and what not for the evening.  Certain things will always get done even when exhausted.  It is harder to look at that sink of dishes (the unfun part of cooking so much at home...granted I try to clean as I cook but I am also usually interacting with kiddo and her chores or homework or whatever) and simply go to bed knowing it will make every ones morning terribly hard if we do not get them done.  But it is not so hard to say forget it and crawl into bed knowing I should have done a workout.  That only impacts me.  But then again if I am not healthy and RA rears its ugly head and all that stuff then it does ultimately hurt every one.  I used to do my workouts at 4:30am all the time.  In the past couple months I dropped that habit.  However our new schedules dictate I pick it back up.  Shoot I started running at lunch more because kiddo does not like it when I run during the nights it is just her and I.  That is our time together being girls.    Problem solved.  Starting it tomorrow.  Already worked around the house this morning but I can do strength work while stuff cooks.  

Speaking of running and biking goodness.....including walking I did 17 miles yesterday and I did manage some fun time.

Food for the day:

B - still eating Sunday dinner leftovers.  Guess what?  I eat the last of it tomorrow for breakfast. (beans, rice, beef oh my!) 

L - spaghetti squash with only sun dried tomatos + cantaloupe and blueberries

D - salmon patties + fresh spinach salad topped with mushrooms

I might allow myself some double duty strength and strength extras days but only if neither suffer.  Basically it would be upping my workout intensities those days.  Might do it once a week.  Going to try it today in fact.  Do the extras at lunch and go for a walk.  Love lunches I walk or run.  Really my favorite lunches involve a run even if it is just 2-3 miles.  I am good with that right now and am happy to be getting some consistency under my belt again.

Still feeling pretty good about it all.

• Like 2

My last two measures for mid challenge are done!

burpees - increased by 27%

get ups - increased by 21%

Holy Moly Batman!  KPOW!

Todays numbers...

Eating Optimally for me (62/114)

54%
54%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (870 minutes done)

60%
60%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (209.5/458)

46%
46%

Strength + extras (17/36)

47%
47%

Kiddo sat in the kitchen and did some school work.  We talked and laughed.  I helped her with math.  She is getting better.  She mentioned that she starts to do better when she gets angry at math.  LOL  Kind of like the Hulk.  Hulk smashes cities...she smashed math!  She finished while I was cooking dinner.  Suddenly she thanked me for making salmon patties.  That was awesome.  They are good I have to admit.  

Knocked it out of the park food wise today.

On tap for tomorrows awesomeness (see I have decided it will be an awesome day already)

Strength fun in the morning

Biking, walking, and running...woo hooo or wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good Food

B - same as today and yesterdays

L - same as it was today.  Roasted spaghetti squash topped with Kirklands Seasoning stuff my parents get us yearly from Costco I believe and sun dried tomatoes are all you need for a delicious meal.  Frozen blueberries and cantaloupe where fantastic as well.

D - Breakfast for dinner.  Eggs, ramen, zucchini for me.  Of course kiddo may change her mind and want eggs and toast in which case I will go for sauteed onions and zuc with an egg on a slice of toast so I am good no matter what.

• Like 1

BOOM!

Up early  and nailed a great strength workout.  Packed amazing food and I am really looking forward to a lunch run!  Kiddo changed dinner plans to egg sandwiches.  I will use one slice of our delicious bread and top it with plenty of zucchini and sauteed onion.  We have plans on sipping warm beverages while coloring together.

Still rather shocked at the improvement in burpees and get ups in 3 weeks.  I only expected to improve by just a couple of each.  I figured out the hard way that I should not spend 10 minutes of burpees with only 3-4 minutes rest before doing get ups.  Wow.

Eating Optimally for me (65/114)

57%
57%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (920 minutes done)

63%
63%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (209.5/458)

50%
50%

Strength + extras (19/36)

52%
52%

Fantastic food yesterday.  Nailed strength in the morning and added some extra strength later in the day.  Ran 3 at lunch, walked 3, and biked 12.

Today I have strength extra planned.  Walking and biking of course.  More coloring tonight with kiddo and reading.  

Food:

B - IF day

L - spinach salad with tuna and olive oil and vinegar + baby carrots to crunch on + apple + greek yogurt

D - Ramen with an egg with bacon is what kiddo is planning.  I have some zucchini and am considering making zoodles for fun for me to add.  I will get her to try them as well.  We will finish the meal with a nice up of hot tea while coloring pictures.  Very much looking forward to this evening.

Realized this morning that I did not think too hard about next weeks lunches...uh oh!  We will have fruit left and I have some soup pucks.  I also have the stuff to make more soup.  We always have frozen spinach, broccoli, and peas on hand.  Plenty of carrots for quick snacks.  From there I realized I also had veg burgers that I made and put in the freezer and I have the stuff to make more.  So tomorrow I may also do some cooking since I am off work and make other veg burgers to have for a quick grab and go lunch/breakfast.  I would rather be ahead and not wait until we are out before making more since you never know what will happen in a week.  We also have chili which as part of a lunch our 2 serving bags should make 4 lunches easily.  We have some small potatoes so I can also do a baker (will have to make some in advance...I may cook them in the microwave some but I love the texture/taste when finished in the oven so add this to prep list on Sunday).  With the baker I love to top it with another salt free seasoning mix we have AND broccoli.  Ooo and sometimes with or without the broccoli I add sun dried tomatoes.  Suddenly I realized we have loads of options.   :)  And although these are staples that we eat a lot of from time to time I am super excited about lunches next week.  It is all pretty darn tasty.  

Just realized what a boon it was to do a mid challenge evaluation.  It has certainly helped keep my focus and continue to motivate me to knock this bad boy out of the park!  Even if the numbers were not great just seeing any progress is a nice psychological boost!

Eating Optimally for me (71/114)

62%
62%

Have fun for at least 24 hours (reading/tennis/cooking prep/working with clay) (1120 minutes done)

78%
78%

Bike/Run/Walk/Hike as far as I can each week..aiming for Rivendell by the end of the challenge (244.5/458)

53%
53%

Strength + extras (21/36)

58%
58%

Great couple of days.  Fighting a bit of inflammation.  That happens as a result of inflammation.  Anyway I have noticed that although I feel satisfied as in having ate enough to not have a growling stomach I have not felt satisfied.  Hard to explain.  Full but I feel something is missing.  I am eating great foods.  Veggies and fruits and just good all around choices.  The only thing I can guess is that for all my activity I may not be getting enough of something.  I was thinking protein but I am eating eggs, beans and rice, quinoa, yogurts, and meats.  This happened when I tracked food at one point and that is when I saw protein was low although I had thought I was eating enough.  Not sure though.  Any one else have that happen?  Any ideas?  Could it be something else I am missing?

This weekend more strength and extras.  Definite fun and running in addition to good foods.  Tomorrow D&D with family...woot!