awesomesue puts the horse before the cart

awesomesue

I know I haven't posted very much at all, but I do enjoy reading your posts because you always seem so positive.  Congratulations on doing so well this challenge, you can see that you have been really good to yourself.   Keep up the good work next challenge :)

I read way more than I post too.  :)

Okay I did get some of the measures done and here is where I am compared to the start of the challenge.

I increased everything thus far:

Sitting in a squatting position: improved by 105%  (um wow....it really is comfortable and feels good)

Plank:  up 98%

Burpees: up 36%

Getups: up 47%

Pushups: up 900 %...no not a typo!  I guess I was getting stronger than I appreciated

Reverse crunches: up 40%

Pull ups (using table still): 150%

Tomorrow I will finish with direct body measurements.  I may use some of these for the next challenge but I can not say I am keen on doing burpees for 10 minutes non-stop.  The same can be said for get-ups.  Still I think they are fun to check strength and endurance combined.

Next challenge I am going to incorporate the LoTR workout into my dumbbell routine from NFA for fun and as a test to see how much I can improve.  I would guess I am at the elf level but can not do a couple of the movements as recommended...mainly the handstand against a wall.  I can use this as a fun challenge part to go along with the theme of getting to Lothlorien.  Think about all the walking/hiking they had to do.  One would have to get stronger carrying their packs, climbing, hiking, and so on.  :)

• Like 3

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Great progress on your measurements.  I think that if they are a bother to do frequently you could space it out to three months -- if you are still increasing you know you are on track, if not then you can do some reflection to see what has changed.

I think you did a great job balancing home life and fitness goals, and were very successful on both sides.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Great progress on your measurements.  I think that if they are a bother to do frequently you could space it out to three months -- if you are still increasing you know you are on track, if not then you can do some reflection to see what has changed.

I think you did a great job balancing home life and fitness goals, and were very successful on both sides.

Thanks!  I like your idea of 3 months.  So I will wait and do the rest of the measurements at the end of this next challenge.  Doing this next challenge?  I want to make sure I follow your adventures!

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Doing this next challenge?  I want to make sure I follow your adventures!

It is up here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/73905-erick-the-red-all-we-are-is-dust-in-the-wind/

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)