Camp Time Challenge, Terinatum

Terinatum

Yeah, Terri's body needs to come first!! My hip is acting up, but I'm not going to get junk. Junk food and mainstream desserts can kiss my booty. I'm so ready to be done with them! This time needs to stick!

All hugs, prayers, best wishes, and healing energy gladly accepted.

Love to my Nerds!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Good.  You and your body come first.  Sugar does nothing to help you.  Short term "woo hoo" that leads to regret and struggles.  It is also something that can not help with inflammation.  You may have OA but any inflammation can not help your joints.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Before you take a single bite just remember how crappy you felt emotionally and how crappy your body feels/reacts to these things.  Although I know in the heat of the moment that is hard to do.  Write that on a second note.  "Remember how I felt when I did this.  I felt (fill in the blank with feelings and how you felt physically...be honest if it felt good for a minute too...do not deny that but focus on the bigger feelings).  I refuse to do that to myself anymore." write that on the second note.

Wake up and tell yourself at the start of the day that "Today is going to be a good day no matter what happens.  I can manage anything.  I am fill in the blank with how you see your self (strong, determined, so on)."

Now try not to think about what you are trying not to do all the time.  

I was listening to stuff from NFA and heard how Stacy gradually cut out sugar.  Worth a listen.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Last dog job killed me.

My hip is wrecked and my back is in the fray again. Plus a little hamstring yelling and a painless buzz along my IT-Band, but more posterior to what the band feels like to me. Not sure. Aquatic therapy starts on Monday afternoon.

I have been doing better with my anger and have stopped incessantly yelling at myself for every mistake.

The meds I'm on for the pain are at their peak performance.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Been really absent this challenge, but working really hard at getting stronger and more relaxed with myself so this isn't a wash challenge, but leveling up will be purely based on indirect goal work.

Next challenge is about routine. Finding one, trying it, judging it, massaging it as necessary/finding another one, and trying comes round again!

my Quest is to Enjoy Myself with Present Limitations! 

Goals::

• Water
  • PT
  • New food additions
  • Doing applications and taxes
  • Cooking - bonus goal
  • Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I am baking banana bread as I type and the meatloaf goes in after to keep me fed for tomorrow and Tuesday. The meatloaf was pre-made at my store and looks quite yummy. The b bread is pillsbury boxed banana bread. It might be a bit gooey, the batter seemed lighter than I remember. It should be more viscous, I think. Ah well.

I had a hard morning and afternoon, physically speaking, but friends came over and played Mario Kart with me so that was pretty outrageous. For anyone who happen to see me at camp - I kept the kart on the path a little bit more!!  :playful:  I took a nap and some meds (in the opposite order) and got up at 4:30 pm. I felt nervous about housework, but needed to get something done. I sorted laundry with 2 breaks to rest my back and butt. I washed a few dishes - this hurts very quickly - and then decided "WTH, I'll make the bread." I pulled out my grandmother's faded red mixing bowl and went to it. Then, whilst on a roll, I checked out what I needed for the meatloaf. HA! Simple, great!! I should be well fed tomorrow. Along with these two items, I have french toast on the menu in the morning. More egg! I use maple syrup, but it doesn't affect me the way other sugars do. I will make sure of that tomorrow, just in case my brain has other intentions.

I did 15 minutes of Wii Fit Plus and almost broke a sweat! My sides could feel it this morning. I did a lot of balance work. I walked some today, but not much. I got to see our first daytime snow flurry. I made my first snowball of the season and threw it at my friend's back window of her car. She was in it. I saw her jump! Then I heard her swear... yup, at me!! LOL Alright enough for now.

Have a great evening and see you on Monday!!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Well, starting sugar day clock. poopies.

Family is helping me get my home cleaned up since I haven't been able to lift or push or pull things. Thank you, fam!

Next challenge will be with the Druids. I need to regain balance inside, before I can continue to tackle the sugar beast and my from scratch PT regimen. I've been very absent from this challenge and I know why. It's none of you obviously. It's me. And me. And anyone else I drag around with me every day. I am not calm, I'm in pain, and I'm sad and scared that I will stop trying to improve myself and just eat my way back up to 285. I feel unsteady in my decision making. First I'm all about no sugar at all, then once a week, then I'm bingeing, then back on the wagon completely, and then after a week, I am eating a little bit each day. It totally blows. I don't know what comes first: the chicken (on the wagon), the egg (some treats), or the one crossing the road (no restrictions on food at all). My motivation isn't getting me through a full day anymore and I want to bury my head in the sand and cry me a river. My muscles spend their time spasming (like right now) and my gut sticks out more than it has all year. Sucks big time.

So what to do? SOmething completely different, but not. Tai Chi and Meditation. Self love and giving thanks to the universe. I'm focusing on happy where I am and when my happiness feels free to roam the halls of my mind, I will be jumping into PT and better eating much more naturally. It's very excuse/reason filled talk here, but I don't think it can be helped at this time. My PTSD is activated and I am trigger. I know part of that trigger is (a perceived, falsely) vulnerability at a lower weight. People (my abuser) will see me with more 'intent' and I will have to defend myself more than when I was bigger. Not sure how to retrain my brain about this one, but it's in the top 2 to work on for the rest of this year, and beyond.

I will be checking in with my Scouts as I am able, but putting my main focus on my path.

Have a great week everyone!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way