Mama Tiffy is eating for 2.

TempestTiffy

Hello.

It's been a while.I'm a mama of a spirited (read stubborn, bossy, impossible) almost 3 year old and soon to be mama (read due any day now) to a little boy. My pregnancy with my daughter was pretty straight forward and I was pretty active the whole time. This one, however, has been very difficult with a range of issues that have kept me from really being able to exercise or even eat properly.

Now most of that has resolved an I'm on leave until the end of January and the weather is clearing up I figure its time to get into some better habits. This is NOT about losing weight, looking a certain way or doing a certain amount of anything. I'm not risking breastfeeding or injury just because celebrities put post partum pictures of their perfect bodies online weeks after having a baby. This is about kindness and love. Towards my body, my bank balance and my family.

GOAL: Be a healthy and positive influence on my family.

Food

1. Plan lunches and dinners in time to get my orders in by the previous Thursday so my meat etc. arrives on the Saturday.
  2. Food diary. I'll use MFP but not interested in calories as much as food groups.

Exercise

1. Get some form of movement in every day either the wiifit or a walk
  2. Wear my samsung gear fit everyday to monitor my activity

Personal

1. Start documenting everything we spend via an app on my phone so we can prepare a budget for when we have to return to work
  2. Make sure once a week I spend one on one time with my little girl.

There we have it. No weights or measurements ( it would be cheating to weigh myself now any way ha ha ha). Just making sure I have good habits for when I am a little more human again.

• Like 2

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through HIM who gives me strength

LEVEL 2

(STR) - 3     (DEX) - 2      (STA) - 4     (CON) -2    (WIS) 5    (CHA) - 2

Great looking goals!  I really admire you for tackling a self improvement challenge when you're so close to giving birth!  I'm sure concentrating on love and kindness to yourself is the way to go.  Best of luck with the challenge and best wishes for an easy delivery!  Looking forward to following along!

Level 9 Ravenclaw Ranger

STR 16.25 | DEX 12 | STA 18.75 | CON 31.25 | WIS 20.5 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 CURRENT: 10

Great looking goals!  I really admire you for tackling a self improvement challenge when you're so close to giving birth!  I'm sure concentrating on love and kindness to yourself is the way to go.  Best of luck with the challenge and best wishes for an easy delivery!  Looking forward to following along!

Thanks so much. :)

Baby still insitu!

I did a meal plan and shopped accordingly. pretty proud of that and I've tracked my spending. Ive even tracked my food! I need to get off my butt and do next weeks mealplan today so I can order my meat tomorrow. I order from a freerange farm (because im a hippie like that lol). Toddler is asleep so wish me luck!

Yesterday was my birthday and so much fun. always nice to not have to cook for a night because my gorgeous mum made us dinner!

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Happy birthday! You're off to a great start! I love that you order from a free range farm. I just found a local Creamery to get milk from grass feed cows, but I haven't yet found place to order meat from. I think it's awesome that you take your family's health so seriously! Best of luck with putting together your meal plan for next week!

Sent from my phone - brevity mode (and typos) turned on.

Level 9 Ravenclaw Ranger

Thanks. I was hoping to have a baby in time for my birthday but this little guy is happy where he is!

Did my meal plan and order for next week :) feeling super organised. We'll see if this continues after the baby arrives!

I have to be honest I'm not making time to exercise at all. I'm so tired in the evenings once my husband is home. I need to find some time during the day.

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

I have to be honest I'm not making time to exercise at all. I'm so tired in the evenings once my husband is home. I need to find some time during the day.

Your body is under a lot of stress so take it easy on yourself!  Maybe take some extra walks or do some yoga, but forgive yourself for not exercising if you're tired.

How was your weekend? 

Level 9 Ravenclaw Ranger

BABY IS STILL NOT OUT! I spent all day at the Melbourne show and that still didn't get mister moving. Feel like I'm going to be pregnant until Christmas at this rate!

Last week wasnt too bad. I need to work on being consistent with food diary and putting on my fit gear. But meal planning and shopping have been doing really well. I even have a delivery of fruits and veg coming today :)

• Like 1

LEVEL 2

Nice job on meal planning - I always think that's the hardest.  If you're having a difficult time logging everything on MFP, maybe just write up what you ate here or in a food journal?  It might help you stay accountable without all the work of figuring out serving sizes and portions for MFP.

Hope the baby comes soon, for your sanity!  ;)

Level 9 Ravenclaw Ranger

BABY HAS ARRIVED! thank goodness. A few days 'off' to recover and I;m ready to get some normalcy back.  Going to attempt a shop for real food (read: not chocolate) this afternoon!

LEVEL 2