Ada's if-then-else challenge

AugustaAdaByron

Everyone is all complaining about traveling and I'm over here like "I WANT TO TRAVEL PLZ!!!"

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Everyone is all complaining about traveling and I'm over here like "I WANT TO TRAVEL PLZ!!!"

I hear ya! I find it inconvenient to travel from time to time (mostly when it's for work because it takes up most of my time) but I wouldn't dare truly complain about it (and I do complain about a lot of things). I love it :)

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Quick update before I go to sleep.

I slept for 6:45 minutes last night but not well (fitbit says 6:10). I was planning to lift tomorrow but I decided to lift today instead because I wanted to have all evening tomorrow free. Due to thinking I was going to lift tomorrow I also did the usually stretching in the morning.

Also, I got a very encouraging email from the coach about the progress of my lifting form during the past 6 weeks. :D

• Like 7

Current challenge

Battle log

6h45m not so bad.  You can survive that.

Or did you mean 6m45s?

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Yet another quick update.

Tuesday was exhausting but lots of fun. :)

I left my room early in the morning and came back after 00:30. Went to sleep at about 1am and woke up at 7am so barely 6 hours of sleep.

No stretching/lifting on Wednesday because I tried to maximise sleep. Last night I slept for 6:40, that is, 6h40m and not 6m40s.

I'll lift in the evening.

I'll catch up with all other challenges either in the weekend or next week.

Current challenge

Battle log

1. Don't spend rest days sitting down. 

• If I'm away, I'll lift both Saturdays and try to lift two times during the week. Otherwise, I'll just keep stretching all days.

Done! Although, I have to admit, I wouldn't have been successful if I wasn't in my home country and had the car.

*Btw, I'm going to lift Tu-Th-Sa this week instead of M-W-F because I'm still tired from the trip.

2. Foooood

If I'm travelling the goal is to eat a lot of vegetables (I tend to ignore them when I'm away).

I did eat many vegetables every day. I should have taken pictures.

The positive thing about all lunches being a buffet was that salad was right in front of me so I didn't have to think about it. :)

The negative was wanting to try everything. :tongue:

3. Sleep

My sleep schedule gets messed up when I go away (more so if it's a work trip and not holidays). The goal here is to get 6 to 7 hours of sleep when I'm away.

Sunday to Monday: 6h45m (fitbit says 6h10m).

Monday to Tuesday: 6h9m (fitbit says 5h47m).

Tuesday to Wednesday: ~6h (fitbit was charging).

Wednesday to Thursday: 6h40m (fitbit says 6h20m).

Thursday to Friday: 4h 11m (fitbit says 4h).

Friday to Saturday: 9h1m (fitbit says 8h24m).

Saturday to Sunday: 6h55m (fitbit says 6h38m).

I can not control the quality of sleep (technically I could by going to sleep earlier but oh well :tongue:) so I'm going to count total minutes of sleep and not the fitbit.

That being said it was only one night that I didn't really get much sleep. But it was a fun day/night with friends so I'm fine with it. :D

So 6/7 nights that I really didn't follow the challenge's goals.

Side Quest: Be more social at NF

I've been here for a while but most of the time I suck at talking to people. I lurk at challenges and battle logs, think of stuff to reply but I don't.  So my goal here is to bother you people. 

I've barely managed to catch up. Until I read all challenges there were new posts on the ones I'd already read. I'll start posting again soon.

Current challenge

Battle log

Your work trips seem kind of cool.

On the work trip I went on I maybe sat in the hotel room eating pizza and watching TV.

Traveling can be hard on goals, I know even going to my in laws throws me off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a lot of fun.

Many friends were there (who are not only work friends) so there was no question we'd plan to do something after work.

It also helped that I spent a few days at home too so I knew where to lift. 

The next trip will be harder on goals (which is why I set easier goals :tongue:).  

Current challenge

Battle log

Sometimes fun nights/days with friends are more important than sleep. They can make you feel rested in different ways :D

The challenges will be there when you have time, don't stress about it!

Exactly! :D

The only thing that made me worry was that I'd have to drive 3-4h in the evening which I was not too fond on doing on only 4h of sleep.

But I decided to take the scenic route and had company in the car so chatting, driving and the view kept me awake.

I think if I was not driving I'd have fallen asleep in the car. 

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

I feel like I've been terrible on keeping up with challenges this go around as well. Barely have time to update my own!

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I feel like I've been terrible on keeping up with challenges this go around as well. Barely have time to update my own!

I have been like this for a while - the past two Challenges or so.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Side Quest: Be more social at NF

I've been here for a while but most of the time I suck at talking to people. I lurk at challenges and battle logs, think of stuff to reply but I don't.  So my goal here is to bother you people. 

I've barely managed to catch up. Until I read all challenges there were new posts on the ones I'd already read. I'll start posting again soon.

Maybe try selecting a few to focus on? I try to focus on 1. threads that are people I know 2. threads that I know will entertain me 3. threads of people who post on my thread and 4. threads of people who aren't being read/commented on by a lot of people. Of course, some overlaps in those categories, but since I just can't read all the threads in the forum, I feel good about hitting a cross-section of about 15 threads that cover those 4 categories.

• Like 3

Current Challenge #39 - 15.02.23  |  Challenges: #38, #29  |  Fitocracy: redtomato501

I have been like this for a while - the past two Challenges or so.

That's how the past week was. Only short time for quick updates of my thread at night and then I was about to fall asleep.

Maybe try selecting a few to focus on? I try to focus on 1. threads that are people I know 2. threads that I know will entertain me 3. threads of people who post on my thread and 4. threads of people who aren't being read/commented on by a lot of people. Of course, some overlaps in those categories, but since I just can't read all the threads in the forum, I feel good about hitting a cross-section of about 15 threads that cover those 4 categories.

I agree.with redtomato, usually people who are interesting and people I like. Truthfully, stalking your thread for ages before posting, love you consistency in training, it's what I would love to be doing. [emoji3]

Sounds like a plan. I do manage to fairly catch up with a lot of the challenges but replying is completely random.

Also, Seven  :redface-new:, for the most part I like having consistency in my schedule and I have a lot less responsibilities than you. I've no idea if I'd be able to keep up even with everyday stuff had I been in your place.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log

I'm more tired than I thought I was, I'm exhausted (or knackered, as Seven and SS would say :P)

I've slept a lot the past few nights (7h46m, 8h14m, and 8h36m) and still have trouble waking up in the morning. I'm also sleepy during the day.

That's definitely not what I had in mind when I made the goal to sleep about 7 hours every night. 

At least the trip weight has started going away.

• Like 1

Current challenge

Battle log