Ada's if-then-else challenge

AugustaAdaByron

It is a bit of a give and take but not very much. I don't really expect people to post on my challenge when even I don't usually have the time to put any effort on it. Of course I'm always happy when it happens. I follow most threads and whenever I have time to catch up and want to comment on something it's already gone by 2 or 3 pages so I'm out of sync and skip posting anything.

It's also the issue of how to start commenting on a thread. Unless I start from the beginning (especially with the challenge threads) and am able to keep up with it, I feel like I'm interrupting whenever I post. If that makes any sense.

Yea I get that.. I find the first post very hard too! But I just keep telling myself that the person is probably happy to have some company, interrupting or not :) 

The being out of sync sucks..that's why I don't like some of those exploding ranger-threads, people quoting eachother left and right, I can't keep track. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Yea I get that.. I find the first post very hard too! But I just keep telling myself that the person is probably happy to have some company, interrupting or not :)

The being out of sync sucks..that's why I don't like some of those exploding ranger-threads, people quoting eachother left and right, I can't keep track. 

I like the ranger threads, they're lively. And usually having many discussions going at once in one thread gives me less chances to be out of sync when I want to reply to something. :) But they're harder to catch up with due to the explosions. :(

• Like 1

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Time for the final update of this challenge.

1. Don't spend rest days sitting down. 

• If I'm at home, I'll (go back to my regular lifting schedule on Tu-Th-Sa and) go for a walk on Sundays (Bonus points if I also go for a walk on Saturdays)

Went for a walk on Sunday and also walked around a bit on Saturday. Maybe I need to find a way to add stretching back again. It's been completely neglected due to lack of time.

2. Foooood

The goal would be to tweak my eating habits so that I reduce fat while I increase the carbs. (Bonus points if by the end of the challenge I consistently eat about 250-300 calories less than the fitbit's estimation of my burned calories).

Food still going ok. I keep changing my mind very frequently about whether I want to cut or maintain. I don't see the "eat less than 250-300 calories less than the fitbit's estimation" part happen soon though. It looks like if this training block goes well I might be on a program designed to push strength so cutting is probably not the best idea. I don't see nutrition being part of the next challenge.

3. Sleep

The goal is to get 6 and a half to 7 and a half hours of sleep per night.

Sunday to Monday: 6h40m (fitbit says 6h29m).

Monday to Tuesday: 6h52m (fitbit says 6h22m).

Tuesday to Wednesday: 7h12m (fitbit says 6h50m).

Wednesday to Thursday: 6h1m (fitbit says 5h53m).

Thursday to Friday: 7h25m (fitbit says 7h12m).

Friday to Saturday: 6h47m (fitbit says 6h26m).

Saturday to Sunday: 7h11m (fitbit says 6h44m).

Even though I slept less than six and a half hours on only one of the days I was very sleepy and tired so I'll try to increase the hours I sleep on the next challenge.

Side Quest: Be more social at NF

I've been here for a while but most of the time I suck at talking to people. I lurk at challenges and battle logs, think of stuff to reply but I don't.  So my goal here is to bother you people. 

I think I did slightly better but not much.

In other news, the job application that I had submitted a few weeks ago (and even though it was a long shot, it was my top priority) got turned down today. I'm waiting to hear back from another place and I'm also going to send a job application this week but I'm really bummed about it. Job aside, it also means that no matter where I go next for work, unless it's at home (which is impossible), I will again not speak the language and not know anybody. (Unless magically some job opportunity appears at the place I worked first where again I don't speak the language but I know people and have friends).

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log