Nymeria leaves the Vault and traverses a new Wasteland

Nymeria

Nymeria's biggest challenges; deloads and rest days :D But you sure nailed this one, way to go! 

Yeah, but as the Slytherin in the audience, I relate more to the people who get a super power, learn to control it, harness it, become a bit creative with it if need be, and go out and kick ass with it (or don't, depending on what helps them achieve their goals.   ;) ).  I can't at all relate to becoming an angst-ridden emo about the whole thing.  I'd be much more likely to whine about not having any powers in a world filled with supers.  

Right?! The temptation of power, having them struggle with remaining nice and human seems like a much more relatable storyline to me. 

Though maybe i'm being a little emo with my imposter complex, shit.

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl gets her bujo back

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Yeah, but as the Slytherin in the audience, I relate more to the people who get a super power, learn to control it, harness it, become a bit creative with it if need be, and go out and kick ass with it (or don't, depending on what helps them achieve their goals.  ;) ).  I can't at all relate to becoming an angst-ridden emo about the whole thing.  I'd be much more likely to whine about not having any powers in a world filled with supers.  

I think that's why I appreciated Daredevil so much.  Less whining, and more Irish rage ass kicking.  The Avengers were pretty decent with this, too (other than Hulk, I guess).

The old Daredevil comics are awesome. And not having any powers in a world filled with supers...just be the smartest person on the planet. Or a mischievous kid, like the one in Furies of Calderon.

Also - there you are! I was wondering where you went. I wandered into Rangers to have a peek around and discovered your post. Cool new challenge thread, btw. :)

First Challenge

Hellany: level 2 Doppelgänger assassin
STR 5 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 4 WIS 3 CHA 6

Blah.  I had huge plans to do parkour and then a date night to see The Martian.  Unfortunately, I woke up with a fever, nausea, and some GI distress.  So, I'm pretty much out of commission for a few.  :(

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Blah.  I had huge plans to do parkour and then a date night to see The Martian.  Unfortunately, I woke up with a fever, nausea, and some GI distress.  So, I'm pretty much out of commission for a few.   :(

So you missed out on The Martian?  My condolences.  It really was an excellent movie, and for a brief moment, almost beat out my current contender for next challenge's theme.

Briefly.

tumblr_nq6451356d1sstavyo1_400.gif

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Still sick today, but I'm feeling slightly better.  But, yeah.  No Martian for me.  :(  And I can't even beach out on my couch and watch my Packers today, since the game is being pre-empted by the Ravens game.  Grrr.  

Since I am unlikely to finish anything challenge-wise today, I might as well do the week 5 summary:

Goal 1: nature ruck + 5 pts.

Weekly total: Just the +5

Challenge total: 74 pts.  It's going to be hard to reach 100 by the end of next week.

Goal 2: new recipe + 10 pts; batch cooking + 5 pts; no booze +5 pts, I'm being slightly mean to myself, since I'm not giving the soda points.  I've had a couple ginger ales, only because I've been sick and throwing up.  

Weekly total: +20

Challenge total +85  I should be able to get 15 pts next week.

Goal 3: Kong +20, 1 chapter of AoP + 2

Weekly total: +22

Challenge total: +93.  Picking up 7 points should be easy.

Goal 4: +10 for finishing the app;  +10 for coding tutorial stuff; + 5 for finishing a book (American Gods)

Weekly total + 25

Challenge total: +93.  Will be super easy to get the last 7

Goal 5: morning adulting + 5; painted minion +5; major cleaning +5; unpacking and putting away all camping stuff + 5

Weekly total +20

Challenge total +90.  Again, should be super easy to finish this one.  

Plan for week 6:  I'm hoping I'm feeling well enough to at least do yard work and a couple nature rucks for a total of 20 points.  I'm not sure that I can really get closer to the goal than that.  Before the challenge started, I had been hoping to do more big, outdoorsy weekend stuff, but other than the camping, things have just fallen through.  Also, being tied down with parkour every Saturday has been awesome, but it at least somewhat has limited my abilities to schedule big things over the weekend.  

For all of the other goals, I feel like unless I'm pretty much comatose, they should automatically happen.  So, no worries there.  :)  I'm still going to try to get as many points as I can.  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Oh man...your allergies and stuff have been haunting you for a while now :(. I hope things are better today...stupid moldy leaf!! Go back to the sickly tree you fell from!

Yeah, but as the Slytherin in the audience, I relate more to the people who get a super power, learn to control it, harness it, become a bit creative with it if need be, and go out and kick ass with it (or don't, depending on what helps them achieve their goals.   ;) ).  I can't at all relate to becoming an angst-ridden emo about the whole thing.  I'd be much more likely to whine about not having any powers in a world filled with supers. 

OMG... I think I am Slytherin..

I'm with you 100% Nymeria. #DownWithAnstyEmoHeroes #UpWithHereosWhoGetErDone

Blah.  I had huge plans to do parkour and then a date night to see The Martian.  Unfortunately, I woke up with a fever, nausea, and some GI distress.  So, I'm pretty much out of commission for a few.   :(

Hopefully you guys can move this to this upcoming weekend? You got hit hard, gurlie! FEEL BETTER!!

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Awww, get well soon. You are in such a good place this week that if you have to take your time recovering, you'll obviously still kill your goals. Rest is hard, but if you are sick, you gottaaaa do it. <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

The old Daredevil comics are awesome. And not having any powers in a world filled with supers...just be the smartest person on the planet. Or a mischievous kid, like the one in Furies of Calderon.

Also - there you are! I was wondering where you went. I wandered into Rangers to have a peek around and discovered your post. Cool new challenge thread, btw. :)

Thanks.  :)  I started finding the Assassin epic minis to be a bit too overwhelming for me, since I have so many other things going on.  Also, almost all of the parkour people are here in the Rangers.  Parkour!!!

Your Parkour class looks really cool, I didn't even know places like that exist, awesome! 

How's the booze dodging going?

I really love doing the parkour stuff!  (Much like rock climbing), it's a great way to trick yourself into getting a huge workout without the boredom of grinding through a structured workout.  Plus, what can beat adult games of "the floor is lava" or "lava tag"?  ;)

No-Boozing is going well.  This is one area where getting sick has helped.  I had no desire at all to indulge in any beer while watching football yesterday.  

OMG... I think I am Slytherin..

I'm with you 100% Nymeria. #DownWithAnstyEmoHeroes #UpWithHereosWhoGetErDone

Yep.  All I can think of with these superhero shows is "Yay.  Power.  I want some, too!"  The only reason I would be bitter and emo is if I were one of the people without powers or who totally got a lame one.  But even then, I'd figure out how to rock that power (or lack thereof) and still kick some serious ass.  Heck, you don't see Black Widow or Hawkeye whining about lacking super powers.  They rock what they have, and they get the job done.  

I'll have to admit, though, that in a real superhero universe, I'd probably be one of those scientist types who tried to give myself super powers with less than awesome results, though. I might get a bit whiny then, but only because I clearly hadn't perfected the formula. #SlytherinProblems.

• Like 5

My tutorials:

I'm still not 100%, but I'm rolling with it and getting some things done.  At this point, I have some sort of sinus induced headache, and I still feel pretty weak.  But, I've still managed to work through a bunch of coding tutorial stuff, I did chapter 18 of AoP (tried 19, too, but after one set, I decided it just wasn't in the cards today), did some slower, more technical weapons practice, and I'm mostly finished with the last of my minion Russian Dolls.  

For Goal 1, the main point was to get outside and enjoy the lovely autumn atmosphere.  Since I don't have full control over whether some sort of outing even can happen this weekend, I'm going to modify the goal a bit to make it achievable.  So, for this week, I can earn +2 points for taking something outside that I normally do indoors, like reading, meditation, yoga, stretching/prehab, or even my computer/app stuff.  It's really cold today, so other than a short meditation, nothing is in the cards.  But, it should be warmer for the rest of the week.  

I really hope I can manage to see The Martian this weekend.  

• Like 2

My tutorials:

I just have to attach some hair to the Kevin (big one on the left), spray them with a sealant, and my minions are done.  This kind of makes me want to dig out some of my unpainted Warhammer minis and paint them.  Painting can be relaxing.  

CF6F87DA-460D-449B-8C61-50A10AA4CBF4-266

• Like 7

My tutorials:

I really hope I can manage to see The Martian this weekend.  

DO EET.

I just have to attach some hair to the Kevin (big one on the left), spray them with a sealant, and my minions are done.  This kind of makes me want to dig out some of my unpainted Warhammer minis and paint them.  Painting can be relaxing.  

Warhammer minis?  Which era?  I have always loved these, even though I've never really delved too deeply into the Warhammer universe other than short dalliances into the lore of the Dwarves and Space Wolves from time to time.

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Did someone say Warhammer?

mcwaaagh.jpg

Thanks.   :)  I started finding the Assassin epic minis to be a bit too overwhelming for me, since I have so many other things going on.  Also, almost all of the parkour people are here in the Rangers.  Parkour!!!

I think last night's run was an eye opener: All my issues regarding parkour can be solved by doing it after sunset!

I'll have to admit, though, that in a real superhero universe, I'd probably be one of those scientist types who tried to give myself super powers with less than awesome results, though. I might get a bit whiny then, but only because I clearly hadn't perfected the formula. #SlytherinProblems.

We used to keep a list with a friend where we'd note our inspirations for superheroes with useless superpowers. My favorite was Snailtaur: upper body of a man, lower body of a slug.

• Like 1

Warhammer minis?  Which era?  I have always loved these, even though I've never really delved too deeply into the Warhammer universe other than short dalliances into the lore of the Dwarves and Space Wolves from time to time.

Warhammer Fantasy, but I don't even know what edition they're in or I was in or any of that.  All of mine span from 20 years ago to maybe 7 years ago.  I haven't played in a long time, and honestly, it's tough with kids who are likely to look at your fragile, well-painted minis as just another toy to get their grubby little hands all over.  

Did someone say Warhammer?

I think last night's run was an eye opener: All my issues regarding parkour can be solved by doing it after sunset!

We used to keep a list with a friend where we'd note our inspirations for superheroes with useless superpowers. My favorite was Snailtaur: upper body of a man, lower body of a slug.

Yes!  People always seem to view parkour as some huge thing that you have to do right.  But really, it's just playing around a little bit and taking somewhat less than direct routes ( ;)) while running.

I love heroes with gross and not-very useful powers.  One of my favorite ones I've played in a heroes RPG had the ability to detach any body part, control it until it withered in a few days, and then re-grow a new one.  So, she had little hands running around that she could control, she could pop off eyeballs to get video surveillance of a place, etc.  Fun times.

And since we're talking Warhammer:

I'm actually a pretty good mini painter, even if these pictures don't really do justice to my paint jobs.  Sadly, I haven't played in a long time, because kids, time investment, and my husband becoming frustrated because my High Elf army could pretty much always destroy his Wood Elf one.  I have no shame at all about modding the wood elf riders to have wolf mounts, rather than horses.  Oh yeah? I do what I want.   ;)

7BD33F48-2E99-47FC-AE48-68CC5E317DCB-291

4355339A-A037-427F-A02F-47B69D91D565-291

F4AA150D-0302-4145-8D44-1D6F5579F38C-291

BCF7551E-DC88-4176-8C9B-483020577A7F-291

C9CF312A-8339-4260-8315-0551D8A0FD5A-291

They look so much better in person, though.  I'm not sure if I'll ever actually use them again, but they look nice sitting on display.  And painting is kind of meditative for me.  

• Like 5

My tutorials:

Niiice. We got custom minis for our D&D game and I haven't painted them yet because I've been too busy and also a bit nervous about it... fine motor control is not my strong suit. Those all look awesome! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1