Nymeria leaves the Vault and traverses a new Wasteland

Nymeria

Yep.  All I can think of with these superhero shows is "Yay.  Power.  I want some, too!"  The only reason I would be bitter and emo is if I were one of the people without powers or who totally got a lame one.  But even then, I'd figure out how to rock that power (or lack thereof) and still kick some serious ass.  Heck, you don't see Black Widow or Hawkeye whining about lacking super powers.  They rock what they have, and they get the job done.  

I'll have to admit, though, that in a real superhero universe, I'd probably be one of those scientist types who tried to give myself super powers with less than awesome results, though. I might get a bit whiny then, but only because I clearly hadn't perfected the formula. #SlytherinProblems.

We used to keep a list with a friend where we'd note our inspirations for superheroes with useless superpowers. My favorite was Snailtaur: upper body of a man, lower body of a slug.

I would be the guy who blows himself up experimenting with powers or artifacts beyond his control.

fnVNIAH.gif

tumblr_ml7987nC0E1r4huhoo1_400.gif

And since we're talking Warhammer:

I'm actually a pretty good mini painter, even if these pictures don't really do justice to my paint jobs.  S

Painting miniatures is something I always wanted to get into but never bothered because I'm such a below average artist, but for some reason you've made it seem approachable and I might look into picking up one or two to try my hand at it.

MeteorsoftheAegis.jpg

I mean, just look at those beards, and the Power Armor gas masks.  How isn't that perfectly catered to me?

• Like 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Those look great Nym! Love the modding too, never an easy thing to do.

I can totally relate to the meditative experience part. Used to field a Beastman army but gave it up because of money/storage/carrying issues. Mass-painting a bunch of models with the same scheme is also extremely boring to me, so I switched to skirmish games, mainly Necromunda (You can check out my Esher ladies here). I've also re-visited skirmish rules for that and Mordheim as part of my research into creating Warhammer-themed games for NF, but let's not get into that...

• Like 1

Niiice. We got custom minis for our D&D game and I haven't painted them yet because I've been too busy and also a bit nervous about it... fine motor control is not my strong suit. Those all look awesome! 

Honestly, it's much easier painting something that is super textured, like the D&D or warhammer minis, than it is to paint a flat surface.  But yeah, it does take a pretty steady hand.  And there is a learning curve.  You really should give it a try, though.  :)

I would be the guy who blows himself up experimenting with powers or artifacts beyond his control.

Painting miniatures is something I always wanted to get into but never bothered because I'm such a below average artist, but for some reason you've made it seem approachable and I might look into picking up one or two to try my hand at it.

MeteorsoftheAegis.jpg

I mean, just look at those beards, and the Power Armor gas masks.  How isn't that perfectly catered to me?

Yep.  I'm totally with you on the blowing myself/the team/the world up.  I think one of the reasons I didn't care for Age of Ultron as much as the other MCU movies is that I found myself relating to Iron Man in a somewhat uncomfortable way.   :nightmare:

Dwarves with power armored gas masks!  Awesome!  Of course it looks intimidating, though, when you're comparing your abilities to an expert professional.  

Those look great Nym! Love the modding too, never an easy thing to do.

I can totally relate to the meditative experience part. Used to field a Beastman army but gave it up because of money/storage/carrying issues. Mass-painting a bunch of models with the same scheme is also extremely boring to me, so I switched to skirmish games, mainly Necromunda (You can check out my Esher ladies here). I've also re-visited skirmish rules for that and Mordheim as part of my research into creating Warhammer-themed games for NF, but let's not get into that...

Trust me, my armies aren't nearly as well painted as the special pieces.  It's just a boring grind after a point to do 16+ units of more or less the same dude.  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Tuesday update: I would love to go climbing today, but I'm still recovering from being sick.  I'm maybe at 80%, and I'm a little worried that I'm really going to struggle with my all-of-the-parkour day tomorrow.  Even so, I'm still getting things accomplished, so I'll just have to take what I can get.

At this point, I'm going to do a goal point count-down

Goal 1: Needed 26 points.  Did yard work (+10 points) and outdoor meditation (+2 points), so I now need 14 points. Need 12 points (+2 outdoor reading)

Goal 2: Need 15 points.  For the most part, these are end-of-the-week awards, but I'm on track for soda, booze, and snacking.  

Goal 3: Needed 7 points.  Did 1 chapter of AoP and 15 minutes of weapons for + 3.  Now need 4 points. Need 3 points (+1 more for more weapons work)

Goal 4: Needed 7 points.  Did over 10 points of coding tutorial work.  Goal accomplished!

Goal 5: Needed 10 points.  Painted a minion for +5.  On track for weekly adulting and cleaning awards  Still need +5.

If I feel up to it, I'm going to still try for a nature walk for 2 points in goal 1, or an AoP chapter for goal 3.  At the very least, I'm going to take a book outside and enjoy the autumn weather for another +2 points for Goal 1.  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

If I feel up to it, I'm going to still try for a nature walk for 2 points in goal 1, or an AoP chapter for goal 3.  At the very least, I'm going to take a book outside and enjoy the autumn weather for another +2 points for Goal 1.  

Even if you aren't feeling up to a walk, make the effort to poke your head outside for a couple of minutes.  I have always found fresh autumn air to be cathartic the best of ways.

Who knows, it might even cure what ails you!  And two more points for Goal 1 is nothing to sneeze at either.

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Even if you aren't feeling up to a walk, make the effort to poke your head outside for a couple of minutes.  I have always found fresh autumn air to be cathartic the best of ways.

Who knows, it might even cure what ails you!  And two more points for Goal 1 is nothing to sneeze at either.

I think she is sneezing at everything right now being sick.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Today was a little rough, since I'm still not quite feeling 100% and I had to do all-of-the-parkour.  In my first teaching class, I had to lug around so many large boxes and crash mats, so I ended up effectively getting a workout.  My second teaching class was less physically intensive.  My own class involved tons of jumping and cardio, so I was suffering a bit from the lack of energy.  Still, I felt pretty solid on my vertical tacs into elevated precision jumps, as well as some vaults that are basically pop into monkey.

I didn't really manage to earn any points, but I didn't expect to do so today.  I should have plenty of time in the next two days to get outside and chip away at some AoP.  I'm still on track with the diet goals and cleaning/adulting ones, so as long as I keep it up for another few days, I will reach 100% for Goals 2 and 5.

After a little consult with Dr. Google, I actually don't think I was actually sick from any sort of bug.  I started taking a probiotic a week and a half ago, and all of my symptoms match perfectly with having a bit of a toxic overload from that.  Ugh.  Now I'm afraid of continuing with the probiotic, even though I think I'm technically supposed to do so.  

• Like 4

My tutorials:

Really wish I lived in your area so I could hang out at your parkour class or go rock climbing or something fun. I have the hardest time meeting up with local strangers...social anxiety makes it nigh impossible, but with real friends I'd probably have an amazing time. I'm following your challenge in hopes it will motivate me to stay off the booze, too. Living in Vegas has not been conducive to alcohol avoidance.

• Like 1

First Challenge

Hellany: level 2 Doppelgänger assassin
STR 5 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 4 WIS 3 CHA 6

I'm pretty sure Dr. Google's medical degree came from the back of a cracker jack box, just sayin.

Trust me, I don't disagree with that at all.  But I did take from it the reminder that if you start a new supplement and then start feeling sick, it's probably a good idea to back off of that supplement.  After my system seems clear and healthy, I can then decide to either try the probiotic again, or just not bother with it.  

Really wish I lived in your area so I could hang out at your parkour class or go rock climbing or something fun. I have the hardest time meeting up with local strangers...social anxiety makes it nigh impossible, but with real friends I'd probably have an amazing time. I'm following your challenge in hopes it will motivate me to stay off the booze, too. Living in Vegas has not been conducive to alcohol avoidance.

I really wish you lived out here, too.  I'm sure you'd love the parkour classes!  I totally understand about the social anxiety.  One of the nice things about being exercise-codependent is that I have a built in buddy for everything.   :)  I can't imagine that you don't have a good climbing gym in your area, though.  Climbing is much easier than parkour to just do on your own without having to really socialize with anyone else.  

I'll be happy when this challenge is over, so I can at least booze it up a little more.  Before, I was drinking way too much.  But, I'm actually pretty content with a couple drinks/week.  I just need to stay with that and not go overboard.  

So, here's the Thursday agenda:

-Hot yoga class - DONE

-weapons: I'm going to swing a sword around, pretend it's a pickaxe, and jam to Diggy Diggy Hole.   Thanks, Rurik.   ;)  - DONE for +1 point on Goal 3.

-crock pot: I'm making a sweet potato soup.  Yum. - In progress for +5 points on Goal 2.

-nature walk + nature meditation - DONE for +4 points on Goal 1.

So, as of now, I need:

Goal 1: 8 more points

Goal 2: 10 more points (to be earned by doing 2 of: no booze, no soda, veggie snacks), 

Goal 3: 2 more points (1 chapter of AoP?)

Goal 4: DONE

Goal 5: 5 more points (to be earned by 1 of morning adulting and keeping house clean).  

• Like 8

My tutorials:

I'll be happy when this challenge is over, so I can at least booze it up a little more.  Before, I was drinking way too much.  But, I'm actually pretty content with a couple drinks/week.  I just need to stay with that and not go overboard.

From a fantasy football aspect, Eddie Lacy is driving me to drink more... lol. But you've done REALLY well on this challenge with the booze. Sometimes we need to cut something out completely or limit it hardcore to really see the balance we can handle.

So, here's the Thursday agenda:

-Hot yoga class - DONE

-weapons: I'm going to swing a sword around, pretend it's a pickaxe, and jam to 

Thanks, Rurik.   ;)

-crock pot: I'm making a sweet potato soup.  Yum.

-nature walk + nature meditation

MMmmmmmm..Sweet potato soup! YES! What else ya got in there? Heather and I are on a big crock-pot, meal prep venture and need more recipes and that sounds WAY to freakin good. I want to make it the night before my race!

I thought I had posted a while back, but I guess I never did because I commented on the Slytherin thing and how you're making me second guess me being Gryffindor, lol. I think it was the hero talk and how I don't like whiny heroes either. You got powers..deal with it! Don't be all, "Oh I don't deserve this, what if I harm someone, blah, blah, blah." Strap on your domino mask and lets go kick some ass is what I always say.

We would be a good crime fighting duo, Nym. We could parkour to the bad guys, beat em up with all our weapons, and parkour back to base for some yummy crock-pot post-crime-fighting dinner!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Trust me, I don't disagree with that at all.  But I did take from it the reminder that if you start a new supplement and then start feeling sick, it's probably a good idea to back off of that supplement.  After my system seems clear and healthy, I can then decide to either try the probiotic again, or just not bother with it.  

If you take antibiotics to fight off sickness

344019d1384546506-not-newsworthy-protest

does taking prebiotics aid the sickness spread?

• Like 1

So I guess the most important question is: Are you gonna do the next challenge here with us as well?

Yes!! I knew I forgot to ask something..

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

From a fantasy football aspect, Eddie Lacy is driving me to drink more... lol. But you've done REALLY well on this challenge with the booze. Sometimes we need to cut something out completely or limit it hardcore to really see the balance we can handle.

MMmmmmmm..Sweet potato soup! YES! What else ya got in there? Heather and I are on a big crock-pot, meal prep venture and need more recipes and that sounds WAY to freakin good. I want to make it the night before my race!

I thought I had posted a while back, but I guess I never did because I commented on the Slytherin thing and how you're making me second guess me being Gryffindor, lol. I think it was the hero talk and how I don't like whiny heroes either. You got powers..deal with it! Don't be all, "Oh I don't deserve this, what if I harm someone, blah, blah, blah." Strap on your domino mask and lets go kick some ass is what I always say.

We would be a good crime fighting duo, Nym. We could parkour to the bad guys, beat em up with all our weapons, and parkour back to base for some yummy crock-pot post-crime-fighting dinner!

Wolf

Hopefully, Eddie Lacy will be feeling better after the bye week.  There's clearly something wrong with his ankle, and he just hasn't been the same.

I'm doing this recipe:http://paleoleap.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-soup/

I have no idea how it will turn out, but the addition of the coconut milk sounds quite yummy!

To be perfectly fair, I don't think Gryffindors would necessarily be whiny heroes, either.  I just see them as a bit more goody two shoes, idealistic, and lacking in subtlety, whereas Slytherins are just much more pragmatic, resourceful, and sneaky.  

So I guess the most important question is: Are you gonna do the next challenge here with us as well?

Sure.  :)  It's not like the things that caused me to leave the Assassins have really changed much over the course of this challenge.  And I like the vibe here.

If you take antibiotics to fight off sickness

344019d1384546506-not-newsworthy-protest

does taking prebiotics aid the sickness spread?

Let's take a journey into TMI land....

If some really unpleasant GI symptoms count as sickness, then yes, I can assure you that probiotics certainly can cause explosive diarrhea.  Fun times.  

• Like 3

My tutorials:

Sure.   :)  It's not like the things that caused me to leave the Assassins have really changed much over the course of this challenge.  And I like the vibe here.

And there was much rejoicing!

• Like 5

I already did morning adulting for today.  Since that goal is just for weekdays, I can award myself the 5 points, which means I've now reached my goal for Goal 5!  I also did Chapter 19 of AoP, which means I get 2 points and have now reached my goal for Goal 3!  

So, the running total is:

Goal 1 - need 8 points

Goal 2 - need 10 points

Goal 3 - DONE

Goal 4 - DONE

Goal 5 - DONE

I'm expecting to do some outdoor meditation and reading to nab a few more points for Goal 1.  Unless I go on a soda, booze, and junk fest over the next 2.5 days, I should be able to get 15 points for Goal 2.

Otherwise, I have climbing tonight!  And I have to look through my fabric to see if I can whip up some sort of messenger bag/over-the-shoulder sling for my daughter's Halloween costume.  She needs someplace to hold her pokemons (she's going to be carrying a stuffed Pikachu, Lucario, Mew, and either Froakie or Chespin) and poke balls.  

• Like 7

My tutorials:

-weapons: I'm going to swing a sword around, pretend it's a pickaxe, and jam to Diggy Diggy Hole.   Thanks, Rurik.   ;)  - DONE for +1 point on Goal 3.

Somehow I missed this yesterday when I commented.  Apparently I was too jacked that you're sticking around with the Rangers for another challenge!

I love my guild, but I love the people who make up my guild even more.

tumblr_nksltztIOV1s6fovto1_400.gif

• Like 4

Shockingly, my library had no holds on the epub for Red Rising.  So, now it's downloaded to my iPad, and I'm about to curl up and start reading.  :)  Hooray!

And for those who asked, the soup turned out really yummy, which is great since I have quite a lot of it in the fridge.  :)

• Like 1

My tutorials: