[Level 1 Recruits] **** Assassin Initiates **** (Chat/Q&A)

I got a bit worried about next week after signing up for a load of overtime at work. I wasn't sure how to fit my workouts in.

Think I have a solution though - the humble weekly planner.

Creating a weekly plan for my workouts and working hours ahead of time is really helping me visualise how it's all going to come together. If one workout is missed, I have a contingency plan to make sure I still meet my goals. It only leaves a small margin for error, but everything should be OK.

Anyone else hit any obstacles in week 2?

• Like 2

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

I like your idea of a weekly planner Grayspeed, might do myself up one, should definitely help ensure I don't miss a workout when hours are tight.

So far progress has been slow but steady which suits me well seeing as I'm a turtle :D I didn't get a perfect score this week because life happens but tis ok. Diet-wise buying an unhealthy lunch at work was an issue. Next week I'll try to overcome this by organising meals the day before so that lunch is healthy and does not solely consist of muesli-bars. On the plus side, after tweaking the wording of my goals and adding some spreadsheets to track them, I found it much easier and satisfying to meet my goals in week 2. I'm actually looking forward to workout days! Hopefully this will help me when the initial motivation of the challenge wears off. All in all, a fairly good week.

We're a third of the way there guys, good luck in Week 3!!

• Like 2

SaffronTurtle

Level 4 Bosmer Assassin

I | II | III | IV

*insert inspiration and witty quote here*

Hey! My name is Leafa, I'm fairly sure I'm going to go assassin after this challenge. IRL I'm a university student on work term and I also teach kids how to make video games with a program called Stencyl.

Characters that I aspire to be? In the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, there's a character, Vi, that I just adore. She's beautiful but totally deadly. I've always admired quick and agile characters though, and I'd love to be one of them.

And progress wise, doing well considering I started from barely nothing. I've lost 5 pounds already! (even though I said I didn't want to focus on numbers ha)

I'd say the biggest thing I'm struggling with is getting up a half hour earlier than usual so I can fit my workout in. I'm doing pretty well with reaching the goals I set for myself, but I didn't overload myself with goals, which I think is the big reason why I'm sticking to this plan compared to my other weight loss plans. Right now I'm only doing 100 jumps with a skipping rope (6x a week) and one circuit of the bodyweight workout (3x a week). Going good so far, but I'll probably amp it up a bit during the next challenge.

• Like 2

What trouble is everyone planning on getting up to this weekend?  I have some adulting and studying to do, but I want to get outside because FALL. 

Fall... Snow fell nearby this morning.

I got my adulting done the last couple of days. I cleaned all of my apartment. I even got a surprise visit, which was nicely timed to after the cleaning.

I don't really have any big plans this weekend. I'll visit my parents (and probably eat more than I should). Maybe I'll go for a run and try some parkour stuff.

• Like 1

Level 4 Human Assassin/Monk
Str 11 | Dex 10 | Sta 2 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 4
Intro - Challenges: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Went to a spring tulip festival (Southern hemisphere here) and planning on getting outside again tomorrow for some moving in the bush, parkour-style as well. Running in nature is a lot more inspiring than jogging on a road- there might be enemies hiding behind that bush...and you'll need to run for your life down this hill, then up the other one! And jump over some logs and rocks on the way!

• Like 1

Life is an epic story and you have the pen.

I totally forgot about leveling  up! I'm gonna get that done right now.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Like 2

Nimdyd: Level: 2, Human Assassin -  "Not In My Dungeon, You Don't."

STR:5 DEX:4 CON:7 INT:2 WIS:3 CHA:2

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 Current Challenge: 4

"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second-best time is now."

-Taoist proverb

Hey! :)

I'm a university student who just found this place and would like to join.

I just began running again, and want to get my general fitness going, after I worked myself up from severly sub-zero to average and then fell into a slump. Running, climbing and aikido for now. ^^

So, erm... Nice to meet you all :)

• Like 3

Past challenges: 0, 1
Current: 1

Welcome to Week 5, Recruits!!  You made it this far...but you aren't quite there just yet...

326438762_750535.gif

I know most people think that once you're half-way there, it's an easy slide to the end...but here's where you are challenged the most...the newness of it all has long since worn off, you may find your motivation slipping or just getting flat out burned out on the "routines".

But that's what we're here for!!  I've seen that ya'll have been doing great and have been cheering each other on with some great ideas!!  That is sooo AWESOME!!!  Keep up the great work and if you have any questions, or are just feeling the "End-of-Challenge Blahs", ping us or each other...We'll be more than happy to give ya'll new ideas, suggestions or just some plain ol' fashioned cheering!!

FT_members_cheers_for_Team_A_zpsem3rmy0i

• Like 3

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

So wanted to go ahead and post/update here.....reading thru the latest notes I realized I haven't Leveled up at all since starting the 6 week challenge I have been focused too much on doing the workout and adulting aspects of my life. 

Well I should introduce myself. I am Gelderich and I do aspire to be and Assassin, A little about myself as you can see from my profile pic I do like Archery, also sword-fighting....cause you always need a backup plan once you run out of arrows.

Injustice%20Green%20Arrow_zpslwofsyvu.gi

So I do aspire to be something of a combination of The Green Arrow (from the Comic's Not the TV Series, he is too broody and Batman like in the TV Series). He is a much lighter personality in the comic 

BoxingGloveArrow_zpsprfbqtoe.jpg?t=14446

and...well there is no other name given for the man but Sam.... he is the main assassin character in a story by Eve Forward called Villains by Necessity. If you haven't read it I recommend you do. 

Villains20by20Necessity_zps2epxoelq.jpg?

Those two are the first two people that come to mind when I think of who I want to be when you say an assassin.

• Like 3

Gelderich LvL 2 Wood elf Assassin

STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Current challenge: First Assassin Challenge

Previous Challenge: 1/21

Main Quest

0%
0%

Quest 1: The Work

0%
0%

Quest 2: Sharing The Load

0%
0%

Quest 3: The Weight

0%
0%

Welcome, Gelderich!

Welcome to Week 5, Recruits!!  You made it this far...but you aren't quite there just yet...

[picture]

I know most people think that once you're half-way there, it's an easy slide to the end...but here's where you are challenged the most...the newness of it all has long since worn off, you may find your motivation slipping or just getting flat out burned out on the "routines".

But that's what we're here for!!  I've seen that ya'll have been doing great and have been cheering each other on with some great ideas!!  That is sooo AWESOME!!!  Keep up the great work and if you have any questions, or are just feeling the "End-of-Challenge Blahs", ping us or each other...We'll be more than happy to give ya'll new ideas, suggestions or just some plain ol' fashioned cheering!!

[big picture]

Thanks! Even though I know I am going to complete my goals, I've kind of felt that I've lost a bit of the "drive" to do my best some times during the last week. Good to know it's not only me.

I really feel good about my body, and I'm way stronger around my shoulder injury than I was at the start of the challenge. It has really helped to work through it (carefully). During the challenge I have increased my shoulder workout with one set and added handstands. Just yesterday I got a 10 second free standing handstand, with a controlled kick-up. I've stabilized my first set of pull ups to 8, but the 9th one is hard.

• Like 3

Level 4 Human Assassin/Monk
Str 11 | Dex 10 | Sta 2 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 4
Intro - Challenges: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Thanks! Even though I know I am going to complete my goals, I've kind of felt that I've lost a bit of the "drive" to do my best some times during the last week. Good to know it's not only me.

I really feel good about my body, and I'm way stronger around my shoulder injury than I was at the start of the challenge. It has really helped to work through it (carefully). During the challenge I have increased my shoulder workout with one set and added handstands. Just yesterday I got a 10 second free standing handstand, with a controlled kick-up. I've stabilized my first set of pull ups to 8, but the 9th one is hard.

Oh, yeah, most people who quit usually do so around the 4th or 5th week...the shiny is gone and the "oh, gawd...do I HAVE to?"s start creeping in...we've all been there, so we all try to help re-motivate each other or find ways to cheer ourselves on...like having a more "tangible" prize for finishing.  Since I'm living in Japan, my end of challenge reward is an "all about me" day, complete with a trip to the local Onsen for extra special body relaxing!  

Another thing you can do to re-motivate yourself is to think ahead to the next challenge by reevaluating your goals and challenge...what made it more difficult to finish?  What worked and / or didn't work?  Then you can take what you've learned and apply it to your next challenge.  I'll use myself as another example...I have rebooted and "tweaked" every 6WC I've done!  I always find something that I could have done better and figure out how to improve for the next go around.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well with your shoulder!  It's awesome that you are trusting your body and not pushing it too hard so you don't end up re-injuring yourself!  I can totally understand where you are coming from, as will many others you meet in the Rebellion.  You would be amazed at the number of awesome people here who are recovering from injuries or surgeries or severe illnesses...the strength of character of these amazing people inspires me!!  

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Welcome, Gelderich!

Yea, I can understand loosing the drive. I actually was there last week. Luckly I have a very supportive wife, I was actually reminding myself of my "reward" that is coming after next week if I can make my goal's.... 100 yen sushi go around with fresh sushi, no rubbery shrimp there. I was promised I could eat my fill. I am really looking forward to that. 

I really needed that today, it felt like my ankles were going to fall off after a 3 mile run this morning. It's the little things that can keep you going sometimes

Gelderich LvL 2 Wood elf Assassin

STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Current challenge: First Assassin Challenge

Previous Challenge: 1/21

Main Quest

0%
0%

Quest 1: The Work

0%
0%

Quest 2: Sharing The Load

0%
0%

Quest 3: The Weight

0%
0%

Hey! My name is Leafa, I'm fairly sure I'm going to go assassin after this challenge. IRL I'm a university student on work term and I also teach kids how to make video games with a program called Stencyl.

Characters that I aspire to be? In the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, there's a character, Vi, that I just adore. She's beautiful but totally deadly. I've always admired quick and agile characters though, and I'd love to be one of them.

And progress wise, doing well considering I started from barely nothing. I've lost 5 pounds already! (even though I said I didn't want to focus on numbers ha)

I'd say the biggest thing I'm struggling with is getting up a half hour earlier than usual so I can fit my workout in. I'm doing pretty well with reaching the goals I set for myself, but I didn't overload myself with goals, which I think is the big reason why I'm sticking to this plan compared to my other weight loss plans. Right now I'm only doing 100 jumps with a skipping rope (6x a week) and one circuit of the bodyweight workout (3x a week). Going good so far, but I'll probably amp it up a bit during the next challenge.

The Night Angel Trilogy...aww, I remember reading that. /sigh.

• Like 1

First Challenge

Hellany: level 2 Doppelgänger assassin
STR 5 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 4 WIS 3 CHA 6

We're in the home stretch...

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4a410ymnvigw

How's everyone hanging in there?

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope

Doing ok - my food has slipped a bit this week, but not too badly. It's frustrating to run into challenges after I thought I had food stuff going smoothly. I just really can't vary from my plan, especially at breakfast. Which means getting better at not running out of key groceries. 

Very excited to complete my first challenge though and to start my next one with the assassins!

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

Doing ok - my food has slipped a bit this week, but not too badly. It's frustrating to run into challenges after I thought I had food stuff going smoothly. I just really can't vary from my plan, especially at breakfast. Which means getting better at not running out of key groceries. 

Very excited to complete my first challenge though and to start my next one with the assassins!

I can totally understand that!  What helps me is doing up a meal plan and shopping list!  I put together a blank chart for a month (fill in month and dates), with a blank shopping list on the side that I keep on a clipboard and take shopping with me each week.  Then I can fill in any activities for the month and what I plan to eat each day...and add to the shopping list any ingredients that I am missing...  If you Google meal planning, you'll find all kinds of free templates that you can play with and see if it helps/works for you!

One of my ongoing quests is getting my food inventory (freezer and pantry) organized and listed out....so I know what I have and what I need to pick up...I have a couple of sheets of paper behind my menu plan where I list what's in my freezer and pantry...I erase what I've used, and if it needs to be replaced, add it to the shopping list!  

I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Guild next round!!

My+biggest+manly+feel+_7c164a1a609ab7328

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope