• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl's Epic Questing and Other Stuff

tumblr_n1dpg8kNMU1seds2po5_r3_250.gif

The first part of the challenge I am  off on an adventure.  We   are going to see the California Redwoods, and Crater Lake. Nearly half of the remaining old growth trees are in the Redwood forest, they can live to be over 2,000 years old and over 375 feet tall. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, this beautiful clear blue lake was created by volcanic activity and is surrounded by 2,000 foot high cliff. We are going to spend time hiking,geocaching and enjoying all the beauty. When I made my Epic Quest List , I included these  because even though they are within driving distance, I have never seen them (I think we stopped by the Redwoods when I was little, but all I remember was the statue of Paul Bunyan)

dvdtheincredibles.jpg

I've been trying to think of my challenge, but truth is, my brain is on my trip. So consider this a prelude to my challenge. I'll finalize it more when I return.

Tenacity Game: I will still be working toward my Simple and Sinister goals, but I think I will keep it to 3 days a week so I have time for sledgehammer stuff, and outdoor play, and some handbalancing stuff, and rings,

Videos;Didn't make the pull up video of my TGU or pullups so that still needs to happen, and now that I have a way to do better videos. I need to make  more swing videos. And I think it would be fun to have some videos of me doing outdoor stuff so maybe that too

Tracking Food: going to focus on this challenge on losing weight, not wanting to think about that now though, cause vacation. But on returning home I will have the plan

why-did-cars-get-a-sequel.jpg

• Like 13

That sounds like a great vacation.  It has been a very long time since I've been to Crater Lake, not quite so long for the Redwoods, but still a good long while.  

S&S, Hammers, Handballancing, Rings and Play.   Ambitious tenacity :)

• Like 1

The first part of the challenge I am  off on an adventure.  We   are going to see the California Redwoods, and Crater Lake. Nearly half of the remaining old growth trees are in the Redwood forest, they can live to be over 2,000 years old and over 375 feet tall. Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, this beautiful clear blue lake was created by volcanic activity and is surrounded by 2,000 foot high cliff. We are going to spend time hiking,geocaching and enjoying all the beauty. When I made my Epic Quest List , I included these  because even though they are within driving distance, I have never seen them (I think we stopped by the Redwoods when I was little, but all I remember was the statue of Paul Bunyan)

why-did-cars-get-a-sequel.jpg

Have a blast on your vacation! While you are at Crater Lake, if you have time, take the side-trip hike to view the Pinnacles on the south end of the loop. I thought was very scenic and a fun diversion from looking at the lake (which is also really cool).

On another note, I'm pretty much a grown-up person and Cars was the last movie to make me tear up. Please don't tell anyone. :)

• Like 1

With you on the Incredibles 2nd movie! Hope you have an Incredible time, I'm almost as excited as you are, because it sounds amazing! Just looking at what you have planned for when you come back, I gather you are going to store up a lot of energy, tenacity and just plain Incredible stick-with-it-ness.

Enjoy! :loyal:

Your vacation sounds like so much fun!  I've never been to Crater Lake, but I can tell you that the Redwoods are really impressive.  Have a great time hiking and geocaching!  :)

Redwoods are awesome.  And I'm not just saying that because I live among them. :)

Have fun on your vacation.  Looking forward to hearing all about it (and seeing any photos you decide to share)!

• Like 1

What a magical vacation coming up!! No wonder you thoughts are on the trip and they should be

Have been to both Redwoods and Crater Lake many years ago, oooh it was so very beautiful!! Will never forget

Glad you are giving yourself some break in-midst all your epic tenacity. Enjoy :) 

Having an amazing time so far. We drove about 9 hours to our bed and breakfast today. Stopped at a couple of rest stops.  First one we went found a geocache, I practiced a bit of log balancing, and did some push ups on the the picnic bench. Second I just did some stretches. I'm to the point now where after I've sat for a long time, I have to move. Not just stretch, but MOVE, I feel like I have all this energy that just needs to be released.

The bed and breakfast is amazing. It is part of a house.It's got a kitchen, huge living rooms, and two bedrooms.It has a gorgeous view of the water. We arrived just after sunset. and walked to the beach. The beach is right where the river meets the ocean. There were a bunch of seals on the sandbar. They would jump into the water and ride the current out to the ocean. So cute!! Then we clambered about on the rocks. It was just as the tide was coming in. After standing on a rock for about 5 minutes, my husband said we had better go back, or we'd have to swim. Sure enough the water was coming in fast. We found a spot that had less water and leaped through, but if we had waited much longer, we would have had to wade through the water.

• Like 7

Having an amazing time so far. We drove about 9 hours to our bed and breakfast today. Stopped at a couple of rest stops.  First one we went found a geocache, I practiced a bit of log balancing, and did some push ups on the the picnic bench. Second I just did some stretches. I'm to the point now where after I've sat for a long time, I have to move. Not just stretch, but MOVE, I feel like I have all this energy that just needs to be released.

The bed and breakfast is amazing. It is part of a house.It's got a kitchen, huge living rooms, and two bedrooms.It has a gorgeous view of the water. We arrived just after sunset. and walked to the beach. The beach is right where the river meets the ocean. There were a bunch of seals on the sandbar. They would jump into the water and ride the current out to the ocean. So cute!! Then we clambered about on the rocks. It was just as the tide was coming in. After standing on a rock for about 5 minutes, my husband said we had better go back, or we'd have to swim. Sure enough the water was coming in fast. We found a spot that had less water and leaped through, but if we had waited much longer, we would have had to wade through the water.

Sounds almost...

rangerly. Keep having a blast.

• Like 1

Having an amazing time so far. We drove about 9 hours to our bed and breakfast today. Stopped at a couple of rest stops. First one we went found a geocache, I practiced a bit of log balancing, and did some push ups on the the picnic bench. Second I just did some stretches. I'm to the point now where after I've sat for a long time, I have to move. Not just stretch, but MOVE, I feel like I have all this energy that just needs to be released.

Some stealth rock jumps were probably included.
  • Like 2

Today was San Francisco. Over 17,000 steps. I think most of that was uphill :) Lots of amazing views, and a great day. Had Vietnamese food for lunch, lettuce wraps with shrimp. And then to Ghiradeli Square for  raspberry sorbet with dark hot fudge sauce. And I may also have bought some dark chocolate fudge for tomorrow. :redface-new:

Edited to add:part of the walking today included walking on the Golden Gate Bridge and Lombard Street-

• Like 7