• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Plitog

Plitog continues his Hero's Journey

Back in June I set up a battle log to track my progress in the Hero's Journey.  In three months I've only made it through 10 days of the 60-day challenge, so for the next 6 weeks I'm hoping to get a little further.  Granted I've already heard rumors regarding Middle Earth, so depending on the mini challenges this may change.  I don't really have any particular fitness goal at the moment other than trying to be more active, so all forms of motivation are welcome.

Let the journey continue.

magic+carpet.jpg

• Like 2

I set up a battle log a while back as well, and found it hard to keep up with along side the challenges. Eventually I abandoned it all together. But obviously its worth looking at again, perhaps just to keep track of some of the more mundane stuff, or training that takes place between challenges.

That hero's journey page looks pretty interesting. A nice way to keep motivated and have some variety, without having to piece it together yourself.

If I might make a suggestion, if your goal is simple to keep active (a very worthy goal in itself), you could simply set smaller goals that are just that...certain days can be designated as activity days. What the activity is, well, that's up to you, on that particular day. I've found this to be helpful when I want to stay active, have a few different interests I want to play with, but wish to commit to none of them over the long term.

• Like 1

I set up a battle log a while back as well, and found it hard to keep up with along side the challenges. Eventually I abandoned it all together. But obviously its worth looking at again, perhaps just to keep track of some of the more mundane stuff, or training that takes place between challenges.

That hero's journey page looks pretty interesting. A nice way to keep motivated and have some variety, without having to piece it together yourself.

If I might make a suggestion, if your goal is simple to keep active (a very worthy goal in itself), you could simply set smaller goals that are just that...certain days can be designated as activity days. What the activity is, well, that's up to you, on that particular day. I've found this to be helpful when I want to stay active, have a few different interests I want to play with, but wish to commit to none of them over the long term.

The main reason for the battle log was that the journey is a 60 day challenge, plus I knew I wouldn't be doing the exercises every day.  I suspect I will update the log with the journey details and put everything else, plus weekly updates, in this thread.

I've decided to do the Hero's Journey workouts in the morning before getting ready for work.  To make that easier, I'm making my lunch the night before so I have more time to exercise.  I am also writing down the next day's workout on the whiteboard so I don't have to boot up the computer or tablet when I get up.  Fewer barriers/excuses to keep me from exercising.

I've worked on the Hero's Journey for the last 9 days in a row.  Writing it down the night before and doing it first thing in the morning has made it easy to stick to the challenge so far.  I've kept my battle log updated almost daily, so this thread isn't going to get many updates.

This week's mini challenge is walking distance.  I've logged 18 miles since Tuesday, mostly from breaks at work.  It helps that we work in a converted mall, and that we have little going on at the moment.  I don't usually walk as much on the weekend but I may try to up the mileage a bit today and tomorrow.

• Like 2

I've worked on the Hero's Journey for the last 9 days in a row.  Writing it down the night before and doing it first thing in the morning has made it easy to stick to the challenge so far.  I've kept my battle log updated almost daily, so this thread isn't going to get many updates.

This week's mini challenge is walking distance.  I've logged 18 miles since Tuesday, mostly from breaks at work.  It helps that we work in a converted mall, and that we have little going on at the moment.  I don't usually walk as much on the weekend but I may try to up the mileage a bit today and tomorrow.

That's some awesome consistency you are showing! Well done!  :orange:

• Like 1

Week 2 - Again I was able to complete the Hero's Journey every morning during the week.  Today was the first day I missed the morning workout, due to getting home late after spending yesterday with family.  I plan to complete the workout this evening to keep my streak going.  

Last week's mini challenge was push-ups and squats (I logged 380 and 430 during the week.)  During previous challenges I would have slacked off on my main challenge and focus on the minis instead.  So far I have been able to keep my mini-challenge addiction in check to make sure I get my main workout done first.

• Like 1

Week 3 - I missed one day but otherwise completed the Hero's Journey each day.  The mini challenge was yoga, which I completed videos 3 days during the week.

Nothing%2BTo%2BSee%2BHere%2B-%2BKeep%2BW

• Like 1

No surprise really that I stopped posting to this thread a few weeks back. Updates here didn't seem useful since I am already using the battle log.  

Week 4 and 5 worked out for the most part.  Week 6 I completely skipped the Hero's Journey due to the day I was on. I knew it would be a harder workout (540 total reps as fast as possible) so I saved it til the weekend. On the plus side, this let me compete a little harder in the week's mini challenge.  I wouldn't have been able to log 2,000 climbers otherwise.

As of today I have 15 days left on the Hero's Journey.  Once I'm finished, I have been thinking about either running through it again on Level 2 or moving on to Age of Pandora.  Both of them are 60 day challenges which would last til at least mid January.  Throw in the holidays and a second child arriving near the end of the year and I suspect they will actually last through February.  Either way I will likely skip making a challenge thread for the next 6WC.  I just don't see the need to do both.

• Like 1

No surprise really that I stopped posting to this thread a few weeks back. Updates here didn't seem useful since I am already using the battle log.  

Week 4 and 5 worked out for the most part.  Week 6 I completely skipped the Hero's Journey due to the day I was on. I knew it would be a harder workout (540 total reps as fast as possible) so I saved it til the weekend. On the plus side, this let me compete a little harder in the week's mini challenge.  I wouldn't have been able to log 2,000 climbers otherwise.

As of today I have 15 days left on the Hero's Journey.  Once I'm finished, I have been thinking about either running through it again on Level 2 or moving on to Age of Pandora.  Both of them are 60 day challenges which would last til at least mid January.  Throw in the holidays and a second child arriving near the end of the year and I suspect they will actually last through February.  Either way I will likely skip making a challenge thread for the next 6WC.  I just don't see the need to do both.

Thanks for linking to Age of Pandora --- I'd not looked that deeply into Darebee's routines, I'm going to check these out.

Good luck with tne next 60-day!