Meesa gets a real grip this time [Level 6...again]

Dianakdrury

Hi Everyone. (feel free to scroll to the bottom for the real goals)

Time for a proper introduction. I've previously posted in the Assassin's forum but this challenge isn't very assassin-y and I probably need a but of a focus reset.

My real name is Diana - I'm coming up on the big quarter century in January next year and to be honest I'm having a bit of a freak out. I've kinda been floating along through life mildly successfully but not overly. Early last year I changed jobs and immediately went backwards in kinda everything - my health started to get worse; i started yoyoing with my weight and mental health. This month we parted ways under some really stressful circumstances leaving me with what feels like the most ridiculously food; stress and sleep hangover and without a job. I'm not too concerned about finding the next job so much as the right one so I will be taking the chance to sit back and reset both my health and my life. I'm also really bad at saving because of the same reason I eat junk food - I was dealing with my mental health issue by buying and eating. Which is bad.

The other side of the coin is that last year I randomly decided to start playing soccer after falling back in love with the sports that I haven't liked since I was a child. For no apparent reason (probably the fact that I am REALLY loud) the (now ex-) coach put me on goals and I fell in love with the position - even though I sucked the whole way through my first year because they just never got around to teaching me. I've just finished my second season now and I still adore it. But after realizing how much weight I put on I mentioned to my coach how much I was planning on losing as a start; and he was both super supportive and demanding enough to hold me to it. The problem for me is not so much amount or intensity of exercise but the food I am eating.

All my problems boil down to two things lack of self control and lack of organisation. If I can work on fixing these then the rest will start to come on its own. And I finally have some some time frames that I plan to lose this weight by. My best friend lives in Denmark now and will be visiting in late December - and I plan on losing 12kg buy the time she arrives which would put me close enough to ideal weight for my height (and about 4 in this challenge specifically which would put me at 75/6).

The soccer season is currently over so I will be having a number of different exercise types. On Saturday morning it is boxing; at some point at the end of September indoor soccer will start up again and I plan on getting in about 4-5 exercise sessions a weeks. and make sure I am hitting my step goal on Fitbit 6/7 days a week. (The First Week this goal will be 10k as I will be on holidays at my parents house; but after that will be 13k)

And as I such I will be dropping my food budget to $150 a week which allows me to buy and cook good food and eat out occasionally. I will be tracking my food either through Fitbit or MFP and post the totals at the end of the week

And I will be focusing on making sure I tidy and keep my house and stay organised and don't buy things I won't need. I have a purchases list on my home PC of things I'll be purchasing in the next few months most of them are things like car rego; but I also have some sporting memberships. For every exercise session I'm going to put $5 in a jar that I will use to save up to buy a something I have not yet decided on.

TL;DR

This Challenge I will aim to;

• lose 4kg
  • have 4-5 exercise sessions a week and put aside $5 per exercise sessions for something to be decided on
  • reach my steps goal 6/7days a week
  • not spend over my food budget
  • keep my house tidy; focusing kitchen and not throwing my clothes on the floor and making my bed.

• Like 2

Twitter: dianakdrury Instagram: dianakdrury
Fitbit

Hey Meesa,

Looks liek you are a really reflective person :) No doubt you're gonna be able to kick these goals xx

Level 1 Adventurer

Race: Human/Hobbit

Current stats: STR-1  DEX-1  STA-2  CON-1  WIS-2  CHA-3

Current Challenge

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Distance to Rivendell

0%
0%

Quick update for day one

Got an exercise session in. I didn't make my 10k steps but I did ride my bike about 22km so I will count it as successful (once i am home i will start tallying the $ amounts and buy a cheap money box) open it at the end of the challenge. Decide whether to buy or keep 'saving'

Had my good food

Kept my room at mum and dads to mostly organised.

Good start

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fitbit

Day 2.

No actual exercise. Did not reach step goal. We did an inland drive. Did a couple of small walks to the lookouts. Very windy roads so by the time I got home I was feeling a little too queasy to attempt any exercise without losing my incredibly delicious lunch. We stopped in at a lovely Malay restaurant on our way home... but we were so full we ended up not so much having dinner as we did eat the fudge we bought from a lovely shop on the mountain.

Room still decently tidy.

Fitbit

Day 3.

Didn't meet the step goal again; but I did go for another long bike ride so I'm counting that again.

Good food again and the room is still decently tidy.

Been massively craving potato crisps all day but haven't had any. Benefits of staying with Mum and Dad - foods like that aren't in the house and its too difficult to go an get them.

Fitbit

Day 4.

Yay actually met my step goal. After a shopping session (yay, i found inexpensive yet high quality bras that actually fit!) I went for a long walk so its not the kind of exercise I'm doing once I'm home but I'm counting it on holiday.

Food still good.

Room still good.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Day 6.

Terrible inedible food at the soccer club presentation night. But I didn't stop in and get any junk on the way home so woohoo for willpower. Was kinda pissed off at the club for botching the night and screwing the women's team a little. Not the least by having all the awards read Girls instead of women which is pretty insulting.

Met my step goal. Wasn't an exercise day.

My house was super messy when i left and seeing I wasn't home I didn't get a chance to clean it. I made some inroads on day 7 which I will report on later. Going to use some of my free days later in the week to do a bit of a spring clean.

• Like 2

Fitbit

Day 7.

Will do full update tomorrow over my coffee and will weigh myself when I wake up as well. No point doing it after dinner

Met step goal. Played indoor soccer.

Ate good food.

Spent within my budget.

Making inroads to messy house. My friend is coming over later this week to help me go through everything and force me to throw things out. In exchange she gets to go through the wearable clothes before the get donated. She's mainly there to make me throw out things I have no idea why am holding on to.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Week 1 Update.

Goal

1. lose 4kg
  2. have 4-5 exercise sessions a week and put aside $5 per exercise sessions for something to be decided on
  3. reach my steps goal 6/7days a week
  4. not spend over my food budget
  5. keep my house tidy; focusing kitchen and not throwing my clothes on the floor and making my bed.

1. Weighed myself this morning and I am down .5kg from the last time I weigh myself (which is just over a pound for people who prefer that unit of measurement). I'm actually pretty pleased with that since I think I had put on weight between that time of weighing myself and when I started the challenge. I was unable to get an update for the start of the challenge as my parents have no scales. Either way it's about 10% of what I was planning to lose for the whole challenge so its a bit of a motivation boost.
  2. In terms of Exercise Sessions: I got 5 in. 2 Bike rides; 2 long walks and I played indoor soccer on Sunday night when I was home. Most of them weren't the kind of exercise that I normally do and were a lot easier - but A) I was on Holiday and B) My body did actually need a little bit of a recovery break. I am rethinking physically putting away money and more having a written down bank and once I am employed again and have received that first paycheck I will be able to spend it then. In which case 5 x $5 = $25 to enjoy at a later date.
  3. In terms of my steps goal - 2 days I didn't meet it because my major exercise was a bike ride so I am not counting those. 1 day I was about 300 off and another was the designated 'Not making it' Day and I made it on the others. So I did pretty well. About to bump it back up to 13K now that I am home.
  4. Was definitely under the food budget since mum and dad bought everything which I always new. Bought a few things on Sunday (fruit and veges) to start the week. Now that I am home I really get to focus on this. The course I am doing Monday/Tuesday is fully catered so I won't need my lunch budget - but that could present the problem of whether its good food or not.
  5. Kept my area tidy at Mum and Dads and making good progress on getting my apartment sorted.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Day 8 update.

My food was not quite as good today as what I was eating last week but still a massive improvement on my usual diet. The course I was on today (and will be on tomorrow) is fully catered and from a cafe I know has amazing and pretty nutritional food. Unfortunately, they served a light curry for lunch which is basically what I had defrosting for dinner so on the way home from my gym session I swang past the shops and picked up some gnocchi and sauce so kinda processed food but the better brands with less sugar and stuff. Very well under the food budget.

In terms of exercise and fitness. I got in a good hard session at the gym and am working on the OOTS handstand challenge now. Seeing as my arms are currently so damn week I'm kinda working in a really weird position where what I'm doing is kinda like a plank but my feet are on my desk chair and I have a soccer ball. 1 min right hand on the ball left on floor; then 1 min left on ball right on floor; repeat and then I'll try go for 2 30 sec bursts of both hands on the ball. And try a harder variation as the week goes on. Still got a bit of a light shoulder injury and I did more arm work at the gym.

In terms of steps my tracker says I'm about 150 steps off - but the damn thing is on charge and missing the things I am doing now. Will just walk around in circles until I get the notification.

In terms of my house. No inroads today. Clean up today's mess but nothing. Should start making real progress on Wednesday. Which I am looking forward too. Last time I did a big clean up I didn't really do a clean out/reorganise. Which I am looking forward to doing.

Fitbit

Day 9.

So it wasn't a bad day.

Didn't make steps and it wasn't an exercise day. I'm going to have to make sure I get steps every other day. Which now I'm not working is slightly harder as it ends up being all exercise based instead of incidental like walking to the train station for work and stuff and tend to come in one big clump. Also due to general feelings of weakness no handstands. I'll double up today. For day 10 I'm going to try go for a run around lunchtime and then gym after dinner (unfortunately I'm waiting for a very disorganised surveyor tro arrive and check some things in my apartment and I have no idea when that will be).

Food was alright - catering again. A few more of the lollies on the table on Tuesday than Monday. But that's a bit of a trade-off seeing as my uterus is trying to kill me again so there are about 2 days a month that are really just days I am getting though rather than days I am trying.

Didn't make much progress on house - that's today and tomorrow.

Mini goal for Day 10 - apply for at least 3 of the jobs on my shortlist by the end of the day (I HATE COVER LETTERS).

Fitbit

Week 2 update.

I hardly met my steps goals this week and only got in 3 exercise sessions. I did do a lot of sleeping. I guess I felt like I'd had this massive hangover from my work situation and spent a week sleeping it off. And then I had a ridiculously big night on Saturday and did some stupid things - which probably means I'll have a much better week this week because I'm an Australian. When we have problems we drink - and if drinking causes the problems we punch a crocodile in the face.

My food was still pretty good though even though the times were crazy and I didn't eat as much. I'm in actual job hunting mode this week, I'm not on holidays anymore so.

I made no inroads to my house but that is this week's project.

All in all still a good week - I did manage to lose more weight so I can focus on that at least.

Mini Challenge for week 3

Get my references sorted out by Monday night + apply for at least one job per business day.

Fitbit

Day 15,16,17 update.

My food has been a little dodgier this week. I had pizza on Tuesday and Pho(lunch) and yum cha (dinner) on Wednesday. But it was all out while doing stuff/seeing people.

In terms of exercise so far I've been ok on steps and have managed 2 major exercise sessions. I'm hopefully going for another one later today (I have a 4 v 4 game tomorrow and a futsal game Sunday). I've been struggling a bit with injury since I've gotten home. I think I had a hamstring issue that migrated to my hip when I was on holiday. So I've been making sure I focus a bit more on stretching + foam roller sessions. I've had something like this before and once it releases its fine.

I've been under my food budget easily.

Making headway on my house; starting with the junk/washing corner in my bedroom and desk area. Hoping tomorrow I'll sort out my closet and pantry

Fitbit

Week 3 Update. - Halfway through yay!

So in terms of food I was ok. I did a lot of catching up with friends and going out so the food wasn't as good.

I've definitely been establishing that without walking Home->Station->Work->Station->Home and being out of soccer training I am just not meeting the 13k Steps 6/7 days. However I have been in the 11/12ks most day considering I have been battling a leg injury. But I did end up getting 6 exercise sessions in, so yay.

I did keep under my food budget so also yay!

In terms of my weight - my scales have died so either I put on 70kg this week (to cause an error) or they've just died. I'll grab some new ones on Tuesday when I do groceries and do it the next morning.

My brain was still in holiday mode the first half of the week so I didn't do as much as I had hoped on room and jobs and stuff. Based on where I want to be hopefully well into the process in about 3ish weeks I need to really get into it today. Also the weather is amazing recently- so it makes washing easier so I can hang it on the line outside. So after this update I'm going to do some towels and sheets (which are a pain to dry inside).

Fitbit

Midweek update.

Took me until today (Friday) morning to get new scales so I'm not going to weigh myself for this week.

Food still ok. Still be doing all the catch up and going out so there's been eating out food but its still been good.

Under my food budget.

Still going on the cleaning because I've been a bit lazy.

Still going well on exercises.

I had a job interview this morning and I think it went really well. its also nice and close so I could ride my bike without actually getting too much of a sweat up (its professional services so I need to present well).

Fitbit

So end of week 4 update.

These were my goals

1. lose 4kg
  2. have 4-5 exercise sessions a week and put aside $5 per exercise sessions for something to be decided on
  5. keep my house tidy; focusing kitchen and not throwing my clothes on the floor and making my bed.

1. In bad news I have put the weight back on. Partly because I've had a couple of big weeks food wise. Everyone has been using the opportunity that I'm out fo work to catch up with me so there's so many bad foods. I've been mostly good at home but snacking and uneven meal times have gotten to me I think. I'm really hopeful on a job interview I had where its bout 90% I'll get it; just have to knock out salary and stuff. It would bring back some structure to my eating times. I'd also be riding my bike to work most days (at least once I settled in) and that's about 5km each way. Hopefully that helps. I did also have a big meal quite late in the night before I weighed myself so that may not have helped. It's also possible I have put muscle on because I'm back doing weight training. I will probably be working mostly on maintenance with the weights and adding in more bodyweight work and cardio now.

2/3. Still going really well with exercise. not quite hitting steps most days. But like I said a few posts again - because I'm not doing that get up and walk to station and work I'm losing a lot of the incidental stuff.

4. Still below food budget each time

5. Not so great but because I have a new sense of immediacy because I may start my next job soon I will hopefully get that all knocked off this week. But it did manage to clean out and reorganise my closet.

Fingers crossed for a strong finish.

Fitbit

Midweek for week 5.

I'm feeling a lot better about things. I've decluttered most of the house; still a bit of cleaning to go but everything has its place.

I'm getting closer to hitting my food budget this week. I've eaten out twice and I stocked up on some more expensive summer fruits.

Still getting in plenty of exercise sessions. Even though yesterday and today have been spent sat at home watching the phone during business hours. I'm expecting an important phone call and I don't want to be in the middle of a run or something when it happens.

Fitbit

Update for Week 5.

These were my goals

1. lose 4kg

1. Back to losing weight. Yay. I'm not going to make the weight loss for this challenge - I know that and I know where I've gone wrong with food and muscles. I have high hopes for my late December deadline.

2/3. Once again still not hitting the steps; because I lose that incidental stuff. Really going well with exercise; 6ish days a week this week but multiple sessions this week. In some nice news for someone who is not a great runner my running endurance seems to have gone way up. I played a game of indoor soccer on Wednesday and was on the pitch for most of it and just about died running. That was the first game I have ever played on the pitch. Then on Sunday we played a 5aSide game at our home ground (some of the girls from the club and a boyfriend of one of them + our coach). Our coach sent me up mid/forward and made sure I was running a lot. I even scored a few goals. I was definitely not dying. That night I kept for my team then subbed for the top team against the second top team and ran the whole game on pitch and did pretty decently. My tank was definitely empty but I didn't feel like I was dying quite as much. Quite sore today but in a good way.

4. I had some bad food this week and got closer to it. I think very soon I will be dropping the budget quite a bit so that I actually have to think more about what I'm buying. (Looks like junk food, booze, and cafe coffees are going to have to go if I get the job I think I on the salary they might offer; especially if I want to keep all my sports memberships and stuff which is a very important part of my life).

5. Much closer. I just have to go through and vacuum and mop and then my house is in an adult condition - now I just need to keep it that way.

Fitbit