• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tinkerer

tinkerer hammers out some progress

I'm looking at training this winter and climbing Mt. Rainier (by Seattle) in the spring. I am outlining some "epic quest" type goals (like yours) to roll out as I'll be turning 31 at the beginning of the next challenge. On that list are a couple of general climbing goals: a local alpine, rock summit and a technical snow/ice summit. I don't have the specific peaks picked out yet, though.

Oh wow, that moutain looks magnificent!   How long would you spend on it?  Just wow!

Well done on this challenge, it looks like you have a great base for your alpine activities now.  I look forward to seeing what your epic quests look like!

I will be posting this picture again in the new challenge but I'm really excited to share part of my birthday present. When I got home from my conference yesterday my wife showed me what she had been working on while I was gone: new paint for our workout room!

IMAG0741_zpsfy56tnpb.jpg

Oh wow, that moutain looks magnificent!   How long would you spend on it?  Just wow!

Well done on this challenge, it looks like you have a great base for your alpine activities now.  I look forward to seeing what your epic quests look like!

Most people take 3 or 4 days to climb it. A lot of that will depend on which route is chosen...some are longer and more technical and some are much more straightforward with established paths in the snow. I'll post a link to the new challenge and quest here once I put them up.

• Like 1

That wall looks fantastic :). Congratulations on your challenge, I think you're still improving yourself continuously. I'm looking forward to your next one!