• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe: Amazon-Mom tackles the House Jungle

I'm not going to focus on exercise this challenge, except for half hour wake up every morning, but no points, just an idea to keep me going:

• Monday: J.Jacks 40x | Bridge 2x8 | Knee Push-Ups 2x10
  • Tuesday: Skip Rope 40x | Walking
  • Wednesday: Steps Run 5x | Core Wheel 2x8 | Seal Motion 2x15sec
  • Thursday: Skip Rope 40x | Walking
  • Friday: J.Jacks 40x | Bear Walk 2x passage | Monkey Walk 2x passage

Otherwise I'm getting in a lot of step-ups (70cm+), paint up/paint down/paint left/paint right (with both arms), while fixing the back room, which also became finishing up the boys' room as well as the bathroom, etc. (BW strength and dexterity)

End of Challenge 5 I drew up a list of projects to finish:

New List of Projects:

• Sunflower & Lavender patch outside - growing nicely! Keep it alive! STARTING TO FLOWER
  • Boys' Bedroom - finish off ceiling skirting. DONE
  • Back/Storage room - Part 1 prepare and paint. DONE
  • Bathroom - finish off ceiling skirting and corners. DONE
  • Main Bedroom - planning. DONE
  • Main Bedroom - main wall painted. DONE
  • Back/Storage room - Part 2 prepare and paint. DONE

BELOW THIS POINT COUNT FOR THE CHALLENGE

GOAL 1: SORT OUT THE HOUSE - move everything away, sort out, scrub, fill and repair, paint, put back, finish off.

It's going to be a stretch finishing this off in 6 weeks, and even more if I want this done within 5 weeks before mom-in-law comes to visit/cycle. I can't have books and stuff lying around then. Edit - had to delete main bedroom project and add painting bookshelves-frames.

• Back/Storage room - Part 3 prepare and paint. (1DEX + 1STA) DONE
  • Back/Storage room Part B - help hubby finish the shelves by painting the frames! (1DEX + 1STA) DONE
  • Back/Storage room - Part 4 a place for everything, a lot of books that need to be carried around! (1STR) Edit: DONE
  • Back/Storage room - Part 5 my sewing corner finished.(1/2 STR) Edit: DONE
  • Back/Storage room - Part 6 boys' armory corner finished.(1/2 STR) DONE
  • Passage - prepare and paint. (1DEX) DONE
  • Passage - decorated, frames painted, finished.(1STA) Edit: DONE
  • Help worker with retaining wall (1STR) Edit: DONE

GOAL 2 - LOOSE WEIGHT - Currently at 84kg! 33.3% per 1Kg lost = 1CHA (3CHA max)

For the next part of the challenge - Sunday is my rest day, I'll try to stay in line, but I won't count for the challenge. 2 off days for Shark Week. Calculating everything on 34 days. (2.94%/day)

• SUB 2.1 - WATER: a bottle a day (+-750ml) and/or TEA herbal/rooibos

80% (27days) = 1/2CON

90% (30+days) = 1CON

• SUB 2.2 - SLEEP: try for 7+hrs/night

80% (27days) = 1/2WIS

90% (30+days) = 1WIS

• SUB 2.3 - CARBS<75g/day: Eat wisely - more healthy fats, protein, less sugar, and sub fat for cravings.

80% (27days) = 1/2CON

90% (30+days) = 1CON

• Like 5

Yay! New challenge!  All the decorating.   :)

Looks like you'll be busy!

Thanks for joining and the support. I'm going to need it if I want to get through everything in time. My biggest challenge will be working around hubby making the book shelves!

Mr.Willes' thread just made me remember that my birthday will be during this challenge. SO UPDATE: I will be having cake for my birthday. Preferably gluten-free, as gluten definitely give me stomach cramps, and I'll try to stay close to Banting, meaning lots of good fats, etc.

• Like 3

Wow that's a busy challenge, rooting for you!

Glad i reminded you of your birthday! Celebrations are also part of life, we just have to schedule them in when working on the bigger picture. Otherwise what are we celebrating for!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Wow that's a busy challenge, rooting for you!

Glad i reminded you of your birthday! Celebrations are also part of life, we just have to schedule them in when working on the bigger picture. Otherwise what are we celebrating for!

Absolutely! I've just been focussing on so many other things and my Oldest's birthday which is after mine, that I forgot about my own. That is the one day in the year where I insist on having cake, if at all possible! When I still worked in an office for other people, I used to take the day off.

Update:

I seem to have flustered Hubby. He says he was caught off guard with how fast I've been painting and getting things in order, as I have a tendency to procrastinate *blush*. I told him that happens when I don't have a clear view of how to move forward, which it seems, is where he is at the moment. He has thrown out his original idea on how to build the book shelves, saying it won't be strong enough! We've decided on a metal frame with wooden shelves. I'll paint the frame with black rust protection paint (save him time to make more shelves), so it will look like wrought iron.

Something like this, but just one big cross in the back... There will be four shelves from 1m to 2m height, about 30cm apart, with the space underneath for tables, cupboards, storage boxes, etc. He needs to make three sets like this.

41izaHSElML.jpg

Today I'm helping the gardener with the retaining wall re-build at the back. My shoulders and biceps are sore from painting and holding a light fixture in the air for hubby to install. It has been a busy weekend... I need a break!

• Like 2

Looooooooooove your structure and clarity!!

You're so right on that being the crucial point in getting things done and it already feels like you totally got this even though it seems quite daunting to me.

Kudos for the no procrastination thing, that is a very weak point of mine and it feels so awesome to get things done instead. Especially around the house. Your place will shine for way longer than the mil visit :)

Also love the morning workouts to keep you in the habit. They will get you stronger, too. Amazon-Mom fully in action again, yayyy

amazone_ii_by_esmeroth-d54ajhz.jpg

• Like 1

Looooooooooove your structure and clarity!!

You're so right on that being the crucial point in getting things done and it already feels like you totally got this even though it seems quite daunting to me.

Kudos for the no procrastination thing, that is a very weak point of mine and it feels so awesome to get things done instead. Especially around the house. Your place will shine for way longer than the mil visit :)

Also love the morning workouts to keep you in the habit. They will get you stronger, too. Amazon-Mom fully in action again, yayyy

So nice to hear from you! I was getting worried ;) I love the picture, especially with the jaguar by her side!

Yes, it seems the August break did me good as I am all go-go-go :onthego:  again. I was up till late last night sorting out the children's fiction and research books we have. All the books for later school stages, research, look ups, projects, etc. etc. are still stacked in heaps around the house.

I obviously overslept a bit this morning so didn't get to the exercises, but then spent a good half hour or more pushing full bookshelves and the tumble dryer around, to get things into place - for now. Then spent some time - repeatedly helping the gardener putting the retainer blocks (weighing +-30kg each!) in the right position, just to check later and he had moved them again! Aarrggh! With the third attempt he followed directions and got things right!

rTjKXk8gc.jpg

So guess that was my heart pumping and strength training for today. I'm exhausted!

• Like 1

Pooh, sounds like we will be getting pictures with this challenge! Looking forward to see hoe things look after all your hard work. Home improvements are a great wat to get exercise. You will work SO many different muscles.

Of course I'm following no matter way your goals are but its nice to have someone with similar food challenges to keep me on top of my game :)

• Like 1

Pooh, sounds like we will be getting pictures with this challenge! Looking forward to see hoe things look after all your hard work. Home improvements are a great wat to get exercise. You will work SO many different muscles.

Of course I'm following no matter way your goals are but its nice to have someone with similar food challenges to keep me on top of my game :)

Thanks, it's great to have you here! And yes, I'll try to post some photos, just had to ask for some help in getting them loaded again. Got it right one or two challenges ago, then when I tried this week, couldn't get a photo loaded on here!

I think because of everything I did last week, the weekend, and Monday, I had a total energy fail on Tuesday and Wednesday. So much so that I became light headed and my sugar plummeted while driving home Wednesday, and I nearly blacked out! Very scary, especially with the boys in the car with me, but luckily I was only two blocks from home. Part of it was due to lack of sufficient sleep, and part because I had too much starches. I had to make food for a friend whose sister died tragically, so I included baked potatoes, etc. which we normally don't eat, and I think those starches just threw my whole system out. My sugar levels were all over the place. (Hubby said he had something similar!) Yes, I shouldn't have had any, but cooking three meals on one day was just a bit much. Now I know not to indulge in the occasional baked/ grilled potato. But I was SO hungry Monday and Tuesday! I felt like I was starving!

Anyway...

• Water and tea are going relatively well.
  • Sleep - not so good.
  • Carbs < 75g/day - didn't go well.
  • Managed some sorting and moving of furniture Tuesday so cleaning lady could do first wall wash for me. Have to finish sorting and some more wall cleaning today myself. Yesterday I had to go to town for hubby, and just basically collapsed when I came from town. Was out cold, fast asleep for 45min, then got up and only managed to do the normal household stuff, cooking and a bit of cleaning.

Hubby said the shelves are definitely going to take a lot longer to make than he originally anticipated, so he would prefer if I continue with the other rooms, walls, even if the house has to have stacks of books standing here, there and everywhere.

We had a HUGE thunderstorm early morning (3am-ish)  with some hail and everything, which caused two of our dogs to shake with fear. Two herbal calming tablets each, and some time trying to get them not to drool either over my head on the pillow (where the one decided she felt safest), or the electr.wall plugs in a corner where the other one chose to hide, I could sleep again. The one on the bed stopped shaking about an hour later, so that was when I finally fell asleep again. Hubby told me this morning when he left for gym (5am) I was stroking both in my sleep - the one on the bed, and the other one next to the bed. Didn't know I could bend my arms that way, but that would explain the sore muscles :)

It's still raining (Spring!) so no horse riding today, but a lot of unpacking, organising and cleaning up. I am definitely back to my Banting menu, water, tea, and lots of good fat!

• Like 3

I would just love such a night. Our dog is my biggest friend. He is not allowed upstairs, but he does regularly sleep next or on top of me on the couch (always nice with his 22 kg).

8UjkIB4l.jpg

Also thunderstorms are something that intrigued me quite a bit, and i find fascinating to watch!

I also slept on the ground with our previous dog because he had a bad case of rash with lumbs all over his body which were itching. Eventually he fell asleep between my legs while i sat on the floor next to the couch, eventually i too fell asleep, waking up with a terrible strain in the neck from having my head tilted back on the couch for hours.

Next time make pics or videos of the storm!!!

• Like 2

Ooooh nights like that are very tangible in the mornings and that on top of the energy pause after your activity storms ;)

Can very well picture you needing a rest.

It's natural rhythm too isn't it? To slow down in between and then get up again. I wouldn't worry about the potatoes too much, you do need a lot of strength in your every day life, some carbs don't harm that at all. Plus I heard that if you leave them out too much it will put a lid on your weight loss metabolism, too, so balance, honey, balance :)

Your body is making sure of it whether you like it or not :P

Am in total awe and inspiration on your house and garden activities

Even if your hubby is a bit overrun by your energy, poor dude

tumblr_myw7s8wwcP1qaa97co4_250.gif

• Like 1

I would just love such a night. Our dog is my biggest friend. He is not allowed upstairs, but he does regularly sleep next or on top of me on the couch (always nice with his 22 kg).

8UjkIB4l.jpg

Also thunderstorms are something that intrigued me quite a bit, and i find fascinating to watch!

I also slept on the ground with our previous dog because he had a bad case of rash with lumbs all over his body which were itching. Eventually he fell asleep between my legs while i sat on the floor next to the couch, eventually i too fell asleep, waking up with a terrible strain in the neck from having my head tilted back on the couch for hours.

Next time make pics or videos of the storm!!!

Will try to remember photos, although at 3am I'm not normally good with the brain things ;) As it is spring, our rainy, stormy season, you are definitely in luck when searching for thunderstorms, although it often flashes for about 10min. then turns into a "perske reën" (peach rain?! if directly translated) where it can rain softly for two, three days continuously.

I have spent so many nights (and days) treating our dogs, mil's dogs, puppies (feeding, etc.) through various situations. I am an animal person. In real life I get along perfectly well with all kinds of animals (except maybe rats and mice), a lot better than with people.

Ooooh nights like that are very tangible in the mornings and that on top of the energy pause after your activity storms ;)

Can very well picture you needing a rest.

It's natural rhythm too isn't it? To slow down in between and then get up again. I wouldn't worry about the potatoes too much, you do need a lot of strength in your every day life, some carbs don't harm that at all. Plus I heard that if you leave them out too much it will put a lid on your weight loss metabolism, too, so balance, honey, balance :)

Your body is making sure of it whether you like it or not :tongue:

Am in total awe and inspiration on your house and garden activities

Even if your hubby is a bit overrun by your energy, poor dude

Ja, I think it was a combination of all those things, but I got such a fright when I felt like passing out. I seem to still be steadily loosing weight though. Come to think of it, it might also have been some dehydration, as I didn't drink a lot of water yesterday.

Hubby is not just overrun by my energy, he also has too many things (other than work) which he would like to complete: building the outside storage shed (which is standing still until the worker and I can complete the retaining wall; building his rally car; and now building the shelves. We have too much we want to do, and too little time to do it in, so it is a shuffle from one thing to the next.

GOAL 1: SORT OUT THE HOUSE

• Back/Storage room - Part 3 prepare and paint. (1DEX + 1STA) DONE
  • Back/Storage room Part B - help hubby finish the shelves by painting the frames! (1DEX + 1STA) STARTING this week
  • Back/Storage room - Part 4 a place for everything, a lot of books that need to be carried around! (1STR) STARTED
  • Back/Storage room - Part 5 my sewing corner finished.(1/2 STR) STARTED sorting out

GOAL 2 - LOOSE WEIGHT - Currently at 84kg! 33.3% per 1Kg lost = 1CHA (3CHA max)

A lot of water retention and bloating. Body preparing for shark week? I don't know. Weight actually up, but I'll weigh again after shark week, next weekend.

0%
0%

• SUB 2.1 - WATER: a bottle a day (+-750ml) and/or TEA herbal/rooibos

Tuesday I had a lot of water, while I had only 3 cups of tea during Wednesday. Thursday and Friday was a lot better with both water and extra tea, and I'm planning on having more hot tea today as we are FREEZING! Bought some new flavoured rooibos for the boys and I.

14.7%
14.7%

• SUB 2.2 - SLEEP: try for 7+hrs/night

Did not go so well at the start of the week, reading till late, watching some new series on Youtube, packing/organising books, etc. These last two nights were back on track. I'm definitely planning on getting into bed in time today as again - I'm FREEZING! Really, spring in KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa is COLDER than winter!

8.82%
8.82%

• SUB 2.3 - CARBS<75g/day: Eat wisely - more healthy fats, protein, less sugar, and sub fat for cravings.

Again not so well for the week. Missed 75g sometimes by a little bit (5-10g). I only track on those days that I have food that is off the Banting Green List.

8.82%
8.82%

As it was raining most of the week, I couldn't work outside on the retaining wall. Will climb in again on Monday when the gardener comes in (if it isn't raining). Hubby said he WILL finish the book shelves today this week, then I can paint tomorrow, and start packing everything away next week! When that is done, I can start on the passage.

3691825088_1c420bb71c.jpg

• Like 1

I'm posting this link here so as not to loose it. I think it might be interesting for some of you as well, especially the part about whether you'll loose muscle mass doing Banting diet/lifestyle. I haven't had time to listen to it yet.

Today’s question on the Ask Prof Noakes Podcast comes from Kevin Garwood. Kevin wants to know, what are the effects of the low carb diet on testosterone levels? Does it cause lower testosterone levels? Also does it increase your cortisol levels? And would it cause atrophy of muscles meaning would the low carb diet weight loss cause me to lose muscle mass?

http://realmealrevolution.com/real-meal-radio/low-carb-diet-weight-loss-will-i-lose-muscle-mass?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=17september_mailer

• Like 1

• Back/Storage room - Part 5 my sewing corner finished.(1/2 STR) DONE

I hurt my wrist picking up hubby's box with scuba gear. At least I can say I deadlifted about 40kg! I lifted the box in stages from floor to top of tumble dryer, and eventually on top of the cupboard! Yah! Hubby was at league shooting otherwise he would have helped.

• Passage - decorated, frames painted, finished. STARTED sorting out the frames, pictures, which frames needs to be replaced, maybe painted. Either keep them black wooden frames on a white wall, or white wash the frames (so the dark wood colour shows through). I'm not sure what I would prefer, as I love contrast, but I also don't want the frames to be too dark. I thought maybe a white wash with a touch of light blue here and there. The passage is short, but very dark and gets no natural light.

AD064.jpg

OR

Creative-Co-Op-Turn-of-the-Century-Wood-

OR some blue-wash over one or two of the white-washed frames! Anyone good with decorating? This is not my forté!

• Like 2

I love the second frames (not that I'm good at decorating :P )

Good work on finishing your sewing corner! I have to redo mine every 3 months because I work there a lot :)

• Like 1

I love the second frames (not that I'm good at decorating :tongue: )

Good work on finishing your sewing corner! I have to redo mine every 3 months because I work there a lot :)

I didn't have a sewing corner/space before so it has always been a mission when I have to fix or make things. My material and habbedashery, etc. has always been here, there and everywhere I could find space to put it away. I'll use this table for some crafts as well, which isn't much, but every now and again I like to make something, now I have my space. I'll also make this room a tad more feminine with soft hearts, lace, soft pinks and blues. Except for the boys' armory corner, which I still need to incorporate.

This is basically what (one half of) the room looked like a couple of years ago. I put those shelves up on advice from people at the hardware store. Within months they started sagging and the books fell off. I guess their "lots of books" and my idea of "lots of books" were not the same.

This is just my sewing corner. Behind the little white cupboard will be the full wall length bookshelves that hubby is making. The cupboard is about 1.25m tall, and the shelves will reach to 2m, around the cupboard, and my table will fit in underneath the bookshelf. The bookshelves will be +-30cm deep.

It is still very plain at the moment, but I think there will be so much colour with the books coming in, that I don't want to overdo it. It must reflect a calm, peaceful feeling. Again ... don't know how I'll accomplish that with the boys' armory still needing to fit in somewhere. I have hubby's stuff all in the built in cupboard, so there isn't space to hide it there.

• Like 3