TiffanyD Does Powerlifting - A Ranger Mingles With Some Warriors

.TIFF

Week One Recap - 

Training - A

I did all my weight workouts, did my lunch walk one day and went to a stretch, flex and bend (yoga) class on Sunday

Water - B

Still had a few days where I needed more, but I am doing pretty well overall

Food - C +

While I have done great with breakfasts and stuck with my going out for lunch once, I haven't been tracking well enough.  In part it's due to my boyfriend cooking more often (because I really have no way of getting proper measurements of anything when he does), so I am going to take over most of the cooking for this week and give MFP more love.

This Week's Plan

Breakfasts will be the cottage cheese and tomato again because for some reason I am not sick of it and it takes all of 2 min to prep.

My lunches are a bit out of wack this week but nothing bad.  I will be grabbing a protein shake today after my workout as my lunch which isn't planned but I didn't plan my time properly this morning.  My lunch out will be the pizza truck Friday, I am excited already, it is fantastic.  The rest will be leftovers or home made.

Dinners - Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans, Chicken chili, Chicken tacos, and Cod with corn cakes.  Friday will be a pasta of some sort since I believe it will be deadlift day and that day kills me.

Workouts - Full Body Mon, Lunch walk and Rev & Sweat (Cardio class) Tue, Squat PRs Wed, Walk Thur, Coach Training Fri, Sat - Rest, Sun - Outside chores, planting tree, cleaning out flower beds, ect.

• Like 1

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

Have you asked your boyfriend if he would measure and write down what he uses in meals? Then you could get a better tracking estimate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's a great plan in theory it did not work out in real life, lol.  He just hasn't ever had weight problems, if fact it's quite the opposite (hell I can deadlift 2 of him at this point). So he never really got the measuring thing, and really the way he cooks it wouldn't work to begin with since he is what I would call experimental and just throws things in until he likes the taste of something.

It's normally not too bad, I know I haven't gone over my limits on calories most of the time at least.  But on occasion he makes something super crazy and horribly awesome.  I just need to make sure that's only once every couple/few weeks :)

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterday was a bit off as a whole.

Everything went according to plan until I hit the gym, went for my incline treadmill warm up and my back/hips hurt so bad after 10 min and stretching for another 5 I called it and gave the body a rest.  I still grabbed my protein shake, and then headed back to work.

Dinner didn't go as planned because I made the mistake of letting the SO put away groceries.  I normally leave 2 meals worth of meat in the fridge and throw the rest in the freezer.  "Someone" put everything in the freezer and didn't let me know, so when I went to start meatloaf at 6:30 there was no thawed meat and I got pissy, lol.  Ben saved the day with some pasta/marinara sauce with extra veggies, a piece of home made garlic bread for each of us, and a garden salad.

Today I am upping the walk to some intervals to make up a bit for the lame gym session yesterday, and so that I don't feel too bad about more spaghetti for my lunch :)  I still have the cardio class this evening, and meat is in the fridge, lol.

Battle Log

Instagram

Ugh I have made that mistake too many times to count!

Meal prep has saved me lol

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Yeah, figuring out the difference between hurt and injured is a big step.  I always default to the hurt and wonder why I'm injured.  

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

spent too much money on some gear :)

Yessssss! Got my new belt, which I did spend a ridiculous amount of money on, mostly due to shipping ( USP to Australia! ), but figured once in a lifetime buy. Got myself a new kit bag online at the Speedo store, but got some cheaper type knee sleeves, might get better one at a later date. However, kit now done! Next money is to be spent on more plates and equipment..........when I win Lotto, or some random distant relative leaves me a squillion dollars in their will! :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Last weeks grades

Workouts: A even though weights were only 2 days this week I still made it to the gym to try on Monday.  Not training due to not wanting to hurt myself doesn't count against, and I at least walked on an incline for a while instead of just going back to work.

Food:  Still having some tracking problems so I may go back to the two grand app so that I at least have a visual log.  Spoke with my trainer and he has cut my bread/pasta/wheat to once a week and thinks that with our increased workouts will help me start cutting some fat. C

Water:  I did better this week than last, but as always there is room for improvement :)B

This week:

While my arms and abs are still sore from Friday's training I am showing a co-worker how to properly deadlift because he did it once and hurt himself and is now terrified of it.  So I will be working a bit on lower body and some inclined walking with aerial silks class tonight.

I am pretty sure Wed, Fri will be deadlifts and squats.  Walks will be Tue/Thur and active chores Sat or Sunday with one day of getting to be lazy.

Today is my lunch out, and I have some really spicy chicken chili with white rice on the lunch menu for the rest of the week.  I am still digging cottage cheese for breakfast as well.

Dinners I still need to plan, and go shopping for tonight.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

New workout gear is toys for grownups! I keep trying to go minimalist, but I have a whole closet of shiny workout wear :)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I am not dead!

Just haven't gotten around to an update in far too long.

So as an overview...

Still working out, even upped my personal training to 3 times a week and have been consistent in going besides my trainer having to cancel on me twice in one week.  Still having some lower back issues post deadlift days, but they are not as horrible as the first couple of weeks were.

I am getting back to meal preping, and even added an additional meal at 2:30 for my pre workout.  It's normally protein and a starch or whole grain, and a post workout shake.  I even did a general tracking of my meals for today (which I haven't done in a while).

I still am not great with water, but I am getting better and I have added BCAAs to my first 24 oz of the day.

Starting this week I will be working on a new set of PR's (hopefully they will be awesome) though I may not get all in this week.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

I got to celebrate a new PR yesterday - 265lbs for my deadlift.  I think having all my meals set up for the beginning of the day really helped out, and I found the right dosage of my pre workout finally as well.  I think 275 isn't far off either, but we didn't go any higher than 265 due to my back still being slightly sore from Friday.

One thing I am struggling with lately is some rather insane weight gain over the past few months...  I've shot up 10-15lbs and while I am trying my best not to let it get me down it's quite worrying.  I never seem to lose anything that I gain, but I told myself that I need to stick to my new plan with meals, and really focus on keeping bread and pasta out of the equation 90% of the time.  I will be weighing in every week from now on to make sure I am no longer going up on the scale.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

I'm still going strong with meal prep/planning/eating all my meals at the right times, but next week I am going to focus on making sure I get enough green/non green veggies throughout the day.  At the house for dinner there is almost always a green vegetable, but with lunches I haven't made sure to buy extra to throw in them so it's on the list for next week.  I threw in a 2.5 mile walk and some back stretches yesterday as my low intensity activity, and will be doing some weight work on Thursday with a co worker, though I really am not sure what to cover :S

Tonight I hope is bench/arms and upper back/body because my lower back is still angry with me, lol.  Not sure that anymore PR's are in the plan for the week but who knows :D

Battle Log

Instagram

265 is a crazy deadlift! great job! If you don't mind me asking, how much is your bodyweight?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

265 is a crazy deadlift! great job! If you don't mind me asking, how much is your bodyweight?

Currently I'm up to 185 a 5'1" with around 34% bodyfat (from one of the stand on scales so its probably not that accurate). I'm hoping to cut down to the 140s in the long run, but I've always struggled with losing weight on e it shows up.

Battle Log

Instagram

That's almost 1.5x bodyweight! Very impressive!

Took me a long time to get to that ratio and I'm still hovering in that range. :P

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

Bench day was good, got myself a +15lb PR so I am at 130.  Only 5lbs away from the big girl plates!

I also did not let myself be lazy and grab crap food for dinner on the way home.  Instead I cooked up a concoction of ground turkey, hash browns, and a bit of shallots and jalapeno served with a fried egg and some garlic pesto jack cheese on top.

Battle Log

Instagram

Add me to the list of people drooling over your deadlift! Nice work!  Congrats on all the progress. Glad the fooding is helping out.

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Add me to the list of people drooling over your deadlift! Nice work!  Congrats on all the progress. Glad the fooding is helping out.

me too! totes magotes!

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Well this is the first challenge where I can say I am really happy with the gains!  I didn't get to do a squat PR session yet but that may be today...  though I had one of those mornings that had damn near everything that could go wrong happen.  And I don't think my energy is really with me, so it's going to be rough going.

I am looking forward to more gains, and may be converting as well...  The whole feeling like she hulk is kind of addicting :D

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram