Carbs and Going Primal

Anybody here trying to go "Primal", as it is said on Mark's Daily Apple, having any trouble trying to stay away from bad carbs. What I'm talking about here is bread and pasta, mostly bread though.

In the morning, before work begins, we go to Dunkin Donuts, which is all some sort of bread/pastry, and I thought I'd try and bring a bag of carrots for breakfast, but I was starving halfway through the day. Lunchtime, we usually have sandwiches... more bread....

For dinner, we usually have a meat with some sort of potato or pasta. And sometimes, that meat is on a bun. It's wheat, but I still need to find a way to factor it out...

Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them.

I have been mostly primal since mid/late April, and I think the first couple of weeks was the hardest. Once I got into new habits, and past the "low carb flu", it got a lot easier. I have implemented the 80/20 rule (had pizza a couple of times), and found that since I no longer regularly eat grains, it really causes issues with my system (not sure if the issues were always there and I was used to them, or if I have lost my tolerance now that my diet is much cleaner).

Make sure that you have plenty of good fats in your diet (butter, animal fats, coconut oil, olive oil), as once you drop the excessive carbs, fats will be your primary fuel source (including your own body's fat reserves). The fats also make everything taste better.

Have good protein at every meal, and load up with the veggies. It is a pretty simple eating plan, but has hundreds of variations.

the easiest way to get through it for me has been to either be fasting or already have eaten when i'm in a dangerously tempting situation. if you listen to robb wolf at all he would suggest (and i agree based on my own experience) that in your 80/20 case where you're having cheat meals, maybe rice/corn is fine for them, but wheat is all the way down on the bottom of the list (depending on your own sensitivities, though).

breakfast... who wants a donut when you've had eggs and bacon or an omelette already? it becomes a choice of quality and once you start feeling healthier on the inside you really don't want to give it up.