Kilyra's Healthy Crusade

My ultimate goal is to maintain my current weight in a healthy way. It may not seem like much, but in the weight-loss battle, it's the fight that, in the past, I've lost. Every. Single. Time. 

I'm not sure what to say here exactly. I've typed and erased this post quite a few times already! I don't want to fall (back) into dangerously unhealthy habits, and I don't want to gain back the weight I just lost. I need to trust that sometimes weight fluctuates (yay for being a girl...) but as long as I'm eating an 80/20 for healthy food and getting active in my life, I will be on the right track.

I feel I need this log to stay accountable both for sticking to the healthy habits and for avoiding the old habits I used to do.

It probably won't be terribly exciting for anyone to follow, but that's ok. Staying accountable sometimes means staying public so I'm going to jump on board with that :)

On that note, I'm off to go get ready for my 40 min walk!

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Day 1 of the challenge, which is exciting! My weight has been climbing a bit over the weekend though, and it's been really frustrating because it spiked after days where I really didn't eat much and even went for a long walk. 

I have to admit, it threw me into a tailspin. I still have a long ways to go to feel trust with my new weight range and the normality of fluctuations. 

To balance it out, I'll be eating very, very clean and basic today and hope that it sheds (what I hope is) the water weight I retained. I won't be getting a work out in though. On these fasting/clean eat days, my energy is too low to get in any effective workout time.

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

The weight did drop back off and I was in my usual zone. I think i may take some other rebels' advice and only weigh in once a week, or at least every few days. I've given myself leeway of 5 lbs before I should get concerned, but that hasn't taken the pressure off and each morning is an "eeeeek!" moment as I hop on the scale. Which in turn is making me really nervous over every little thing I eat. This is not the healthy relationship with food and fitness I am trying to make here.

Yesterday, I walked home from work, which was a 35 min, partially uphill walk. Today I went to the gym by my house for the first time and did 25 min on the treadmill and 25 on the elliptical machine. 

Tomorrow me might be a teensy peeved about that if I end up too sore haha

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

This week: Uphill walk home on Tuesday, work out at the gym Wed and Sunday.

Only ate out once this week.

My weight moved around quite a bit this week, which was frustrating even though it was well within the 5lbs range. Turns out I was in the middle of getting sick and such, so it makes utter sense. (I think I pushed myself too hard on the Wed and kind of tipped the scales for the illness taking hold because Thursday I was down for the count.)

I'm excited because the pool is open again as of tomorrow, so I'll be able to get in on my first aquafit class. Score!

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

Well, did my first aquafit today. It wasn't nearly as challenging as I as hoping for, but I'll give it a few more classes before I decide if this is for me or not :) But I did it! I'm staying within my weight range and getting my butt off the chair. So far my crusade is a success.

This whole being sick thing is getting annoying though...

• Like 1

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

Thanks to you both! I'm on the mend :)

Ducki - I think treating maintenance as a challenge in itself is a good start. At least that's my hope. I don't know about you, but in the past I've always seen it as "Oh I'm done!" once I hit my goal weight. Viewing this as part 2, I'm hoping, is the difference between yo-yo and staying stable.

But we shall see. I hope to be a good example.

And also...YAY for being close to your goal!! :D That's so exciting!

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

Alrighty...day whatevers :)

Just about to head to my third aquafit class. The first one was meh. So meh I was thinking there was no point in carrying on with aquafit as a workout in fact. But Monday's class was auhmazing! It was a different instructor and he pushed the class really hard. Loved it! I'm back with Wed's instructor today, so I'll see if she just had a "meh" program in general or if it was an off day.

Weight has been within range each day. Nothing exciting to report, but I guess that's the point :D

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%