Erick the Red: Running into the past

Erick the Red

Here's to finishing strong! Good work keeping the workout momentum going during the conference!

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Week six roll up

1. Run three times per week: 2/3.  Planned to run over the weekend, but did not account for how busy I would be supporting our local Rocket City NerdCon http://hmcpl.org/rocketcitynerdcon.  Did a lot of walking, but not running.

2. Cross-train three times per week: 2/3. I should have made time over the weekend, but lack of clear planning meant I forgot my goal.

3. Walk 30 minutes per day each week: 4/7.  Did not have to make time intentionally for the goal, I was just on my feet a lot Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

This challenge did not end with a bang, but I am back in the saddle and plan to learn from my mistakes and adjust my goals for next challenge.  Thanks for following along.

Things happen

• Like 3

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Yessss!  Build momentum!  Embrace the slow burn!  And see you in the next round!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

This challenge did not end with a bang, but I am back in the saddle and plan to learn from my mistakes and adjust my goals for next challenge.  Thanks for following along.

Fantastic!  Looking forward to following along next challenge as well.  

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Overall challenge review

First two week strong and 100%.

Week 3, 1/3 running because of illness and distraction.  Solid cross-training.  Missed walking one day.

Week 4, running 100%, 1/3 cross-training. Missed walking one day.

Week 5, running 3/3, cross-train 3/3. Walking 6/7.

Week 6, 2/3 running. 2/3 cross-train, 4/7 walking.

Observations:

1. Strong start.  Coming off many months of not being involved with scheduled exercise and NerdFitness, so this was initial exuberance and can't be counted on again.

2. Middle of challenge was mediocre.  Some distractions, sometimes justified.

3. What happened during week 5?  I just followed a plan is all, and it worked.

4. Lost track of the walking goal.  Did not find the time at work because I was travelling and/or busy, and did not make the time in the evening because I (conveniently) forgot.  No cross-training strategy.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Hmm, so strategy is key, then!  Battle plan planning time!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)