• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shrilaraune

[Shrilaraune] Sage Mode...YOU AREN'T READY

Based on your description of your weekend, it sounds like bloat, not weight gain.  One day doesn't make or break anything, but junk food leads to bloat like whoa.

Bloat was also the first thing on my mind reading your post. I have it in rhythm with my period and used to get all upset until I realized that it's just that, once a month I am bigger and nearly 1kg heavier than the other 3 weeks... of course if I do eat chunk and don't drink enough water it can happen during the other three weeks just as easily ;)

You are doing amazing on your challenge!!! Don't expect it all to happen within those 6 weeks only. What you have built is a foundation and now it will be on to stabilizing the new habits, keep doing the exercises that make you feel like the superstrong badass you are and more plus experimenting in the kitchen until you found what tastes great AND feels great 2 hours later still :)

Haha, when cooler heads prevail! Thank you both, seriously. Bloat probably should have occurred to me, but I've been overweight so long I rarely notice when that happens. In hindsight, that makes a lot of sense! I'll factor it into my calculations from now on! Here's to new habits!

Only do cardio if you like cardio.  Dong cardio isn't how you lose weight.  Honestly, exercise isn't really how you lose weight..... it's all in the kitchen.  But with strength training you're at least working to retain your muscle and rev up your metabolism so...... yeah.  I'm pretty biased against cardio for the sake of cardio.

Cardio did not do much for me either, although a little HIIT training seemed to have contributed some. I used a skipping rope and did short bursts of 30 sec fast skipping, resting a minute and repeating this for 3-4 sets in total. With time I could raise the fast skipping time to 60 and then even 90 sec and wow, I can tell you that got my heart beating fast :D I did have the impression that was good for my metabolism as well, but am still convinced that weight training (and body weight is GOOD weight) does more.

Will you stick around for another challenge? Would love to keep you with us :)

Any ideas what would be a cool theme for your fire to burn even brighter from here on??

XDDDD Cardio bias. Pfft! I don't like Cardio at all--though I did C25K and brought my feelings up from utter hatred to simple disdain. Zombies run! is also quite fun, sometimes. I just want to start seeing big results as soon as feasibly possible--impatience is my middle name. Fortunately, the bribes are keeping that under control for now. 

With me measurements took time to go down and I found it better to keep aiming for it, but get the first satisfaction rather from getting stronger, have more energy and feeling more alive in general. You know what I mean? The weight and measure part does take patience. It did not get there within 6 weeks either, so it's a bit harsh to expect it to go down within 6 weeks.

You hit the nail right on the head. I think that's why I'll focus on working to my first pull up next challenge!

Will you stick around for another challenge? Would love to keep you with us  :)

Any ideas what would be a cool theme for your fire to burn even brighter from here on??

Yeppers! I'm quite in love with you all so of course I will! Mmmm, as for themes...do we mean for the mini challenges? I'm not sure I can top Lord of the Rings! Maybe Indiana Jones??

Update wise, I just finished my first workout of the week. I feel weak in a way I'm unaccustomed to (still fighting off the flem bit of my cold) and the workout was really hard at the start. I took an extra day to try to recover (which is why the first was today) and I'm still suffering. I know just about everyone got sick at camp. Any suggestions on how to beat this?

By theme, I think she may mean for YOUR challenge.  You can theme and gamify your own, you know. ;)

And repeat after me: instant results are not sustainable.  Slow and steady wins the race. Instant results are not sustainable.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Instant results.................... you get the picture.

• Like 3

And repeat after me: instant results are not sustainable.  Slow and steady wins the race. Instant results are not sustainable.  Slow and steady wins the race.  Instant results.................... you get the picture.

Haha, you preach truth!

I just finished my second workout of the week (ONE MOAR LEFT!) and SOMEHOW MANAGED TO ALMOST SIT ON MY HEELS. As in I felt the tips of my heels against my bottom for the first time ever! Is it because I'm warmed up??? I'm so excited!!!

Loki.gif

As for a theme for my next 6WC...I'll have to think about it!!

• Like 2

tumblr_ljerv8Ud3H1qdmlfso1_500.gif

Late update!!! I finished my 6WC on time, with my best five sets being the final ones I did on Sunday. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ I'M AMAZING. I did definately overeat in my last days and not track as well, so I will have to give myself these final grades:

Challenge 1: Harder to Kill +5 Str +3 Sta

100% A++++++

Challenge 2: Eat like I mean it + 2 Con +5 Wisdom:

B-/C+ (I'm being intentionally harsh)

Then I get the extra points from the mini challenges--WHICH WE WONHECKYEAHDWARVES. All in all, I'm so proud of myself! And I'm looking forward to my next 6WC, Question: What do you guys usually do in between challenges? Continue the previous one? I still have no idea what my next challenge will look like, but maybe you all can help with that?? Constant reminders that slow and steady wins the race are also appreciated. Thank you so much for all the love and support guys! Seriously! In other news, per Maaya's suggestion I added videos and images to my seiza form check. Any advice??

• Like 1

You ARE amazing!! Congrats on a great challenge successfully conquered!

I'm still pondering my own new theme and browsing through the ones that are already up, which isn't the best idea as it makes me wanna go overboard and do ALL THE THINGS :P

Seriously, slow and steady does do the trick. Pick any theme that inspires or excites you and then take a manageable bite from it to adapt it to your personal next level. Make it fun :)

You will do great. So glad to have you on for another ride, wheeeee

Will find you there and in the minis surely? Do hope we end up in the same team again ;)

• Like 2

Question: What do you guys usually do in between challenges? Continue the previous one? I still have no idea what my next challenge will look like, but maybe you all can help with that?? Constant reminders that slow and steady wins the race are also appreciated. Thank you so much for all the love and support guys! Seriously! In other news, per Maaya's suggestion I added videos and images to my seiza form check. Any advice??

Between challenges, people either retreat to battle logs, go an extra week on their old challenge, start their next challenge early, or take a break (only recommended if habits are already solid).  Go whichever way works for you!

As for videos, I need a video of YOU doing it, or how can I guess where the problem lies????  I don't need videos of people doing it right. ;)

• Like 2

Final Results (For those interested)!!

giphy.gif

Well, girl. 

Bust: -3.2 cm (1.25 in)

Waist (measuring at my widest): -3 cm (1.18 in)

Hips: -0.9 cm (0.35 in) L: -3.3 cm (1.29 in) R: - 2.34 cm (0.92 in) (I'm probably gaining a butt but losing cm in my thighs. BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE WORLDS)

• Like 2