[NikaNika] One day I'll figure something out

NikaNika

Name: NikaNika
Level: 3.5

Note: Almost didn't write this today... but feel like I should. I will be taking my last session's challenges and minimizing the goals to be more narrowed/specific, as well as focus on losing weight because I am entirely frustrated with my body. Recently got a scale to more accurately track my weight as well, since guessing and avoiding scales appears to have backfired for me.

Main Quest

☽☥☾

Lose Weight (lose 6-12 lbs by challenge end)

Explore Connection to Body.

Embody Peace of Mind.

Challenge Quest Breakdown

Earth

Eat with Healthy Patterns that boost metabolism; eat upon waking, eat smaller proportions more frequently and lessen any sessions of binging. Track meals with any journal/record wanted.

Water

Drink water! Drink around 96 ounces every day (that's 3 water bottles full). Also, take vitamin e supplements for skin health.

Air
Breathe. Practice mindfulness, acceptance, forgiveness. Seek to understand and explore why I feel the way I do about myself, rather than just feel miserable on a surface level about it. Who am I and what do I really want? Meditate and don't forget to breathe.

Fire

Sweat! Sweat every day, somehow, someway. Strive for around 15 minutes of pure sweat, and 30-45 minutes of fitness work. Every day, so minimum of 7 sessions, not including flexibility sessions.

• + Three Sessions of HIIT (15-30min each)
  • + One Session of Total Body Strength
  • + One Session of Upper Body Strength
  • + One Session of Lower Body Strength
  • + Two Sessions of Flexibility (most likely Yoga).

Akasha
Study the Self and Learn. Find Peace of Mind and Seek Tranquility within Following Desires/Goals. Love the Body how it is for what it is.

Motivation

245zcxs.jpg

Believe in Yourself

You are Worthy

Your Life is Meaningful

Existence in the world is fleeting

Embody such knowledge with gratitude

STATS
Starting Weight: 180 lbs
Current Weight: 206 lbs.
Prospective Weight: 140 lbs.
Starting Race: Wood Elf

Current Race: Hobbit
Prospective Race: Valkyrie

Attribute Points
STR: 4
DEX: 2
STA: 5
CON: 6
WIS: 7
CHA: 8

Grading Rubric

Earth Mission
A – Eating smaller proportions, frequently over the course of a day.
B – Choosing healthy food choices (plants, non-fast food/freezer food).
C – Eating upon waking.
F – None of these.

Water Mission
A – Drink 96 oz / day
B – Drink 64 oz / day
C – Drink 32 oz / day
D – Drink less than 32 oz / day
F – Less than 8 oz / day

Air Mission
A – Mindful, peaceful, breathing deep, well, and often.
B – Mindful, breathing deep and often.
C – Breathing deep.
F – At war with self.

Fire Mission
A – Sweat during Fitness 30 min / day.
B – Sweat during Fitness 15 min / day.
C – Sweat during Fitness (sporadic timing) / day.
D – Sweat without tracking or not daily.
F – No sweating.

Akasha Mission
A – Study self through Journaling and Reflect upon what can be seen and learned.
B – Observe the Self.
C – Embody the Self.
D – Focus on the External.
F – No connection or exploration of Self.

• Like 1

I like your balance of goals. 

There are a lot of people doing water-drinking, and I have done one recently, so if you are looking for support or suggestions we should be able to get you help.

I am not sure how you are going to measure the Air and Akasha goals -- these are good things, but what does success look like?

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Gosh, some of those goals look familiar (I'm also doing three full water bottles, which is 96oz!). I hope you make progress towards balance this challenge - and I understand feeling frustrated and having to downscale some goals. I did much the same this time around. 

Hope week 1 was great!

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

I am not sure how you are going to measure the Air and Akasha goals -- these are good things, but what does success look like?

You can see the grades I did put for those two things, but you're right in that success is fairly subjective with these two categories. And they're kind of meant to be abstract, just to remind myself to keep a balance in that regard.

---

Week One went well. I could improve in Earth ©, Water ( B ), Air (F), Fire ( B ), Akasha (D). I started a Low-Impact 4week program made by Fitness Blender, and so far, so good. I'm fairly sore today and have to keep reminding myself to drink water! 

@JessofAllTrades; I have a water bottle that holds 32oz, so I just try and get through three of those in a day. Right now, I'm more at around 2 or so.

Thanks for all the luck everyone~

• Like 2

Good to see your progress on week one.  It looks like your water and exercise habits are coming along.  Do you want help for suggestions on the other areas, or do you have a new plan?

• Like 1

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I hope that your week 2 is going well!  Please let us know if we can help with anything!

• Like 1

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Hey NikaNika! I was late getting over to check in with your challenge, but now that I'm here, I promise to be checking in at least a couple of times a week.

I think you've actually given yourself a pretty tough challenge--maybe too tough? Am I allowed to say that? I agree with everyone else that your goals are solid, but fitting in a full-length workout every single day of the week is really hard. Losing 6-12 pounds in 6 weeks is really, really hard. How are you feeling after the first nearly two weeks? Is this going to be a good schedule and intensity for you?

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Phew, just finished a long stint at my work. 

@Erick, I am open to suggestions and help! 

@Mac, That's plenty fine of you to say. I think it is a bit tough too, I tend to be tough on myself when it comes to planning (fitness related or not). This one is easier than the last challenge, but maybe I could scale it back some more. I guess I like to aim really high and if I just make it half-way, I feel like I made progress.

We'll see how I do on the weight. So far, it's not clear if I'm losing or not. However, I've been doing circumference measurements of my body as well. In the past couple of weeks I have lost about one inch on the thicker areas of my body, so I think that is a good sign. 

I am actually following a Fitness Blender scheduled program for my fitness, so I should update that... I will do that tomorrow and also check in with everyone when I have a bit more wits about me! (lol, just got back from a clopening shift).

• Like 1

An inch off in a few weeks is certainly good news! I do agree that 6-12 lbs in 6 weeks is a bit tough (iirc, a good weight loss rate is at most 1 lb/week), but as long as you don't beat yourself up if you fall a little short I don't think it's too bad to set your sights a bit high. If the worst case is that you just make progress, then that's not really too terrible. 

• Like 1

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: Current, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

Glad to hear your fuller explanation. I think for some folks (read, me) it can be demoralizing to realize after the first couple of weeks that the Big Goal is not attainable, but if you're setting it deliberately as a real stretch goal and will be happy with any concrete progress towards it, go for it!

• Like 1

Mary Oliver

You may be in a similar situation to my wife right now -- she is beating herself up because she can't seem to lose weight, but because of her strength training she is seeing definite progress in body composition.  I think that if you are seeing good changes on the tape measure you should not worry -- people can see that your clothes fit better, they are not looking over your shoulder when you step on the scale.

• Like 2

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Totally agree in trusting the tape measure or even more so the fit of your clothes over the number on the scale. I'm not good at taking measurements and never trust my numbers, but I sure know if a pair of pants is tight, especially after lunch!

• Like 1

Mary Oliver

I really like how you've split your goals into the elements. How's it going so far? I can totally empathise with feeling unhappy with your body in my last challenge my aim was to kick start my weight loss and inch loss is great progress.

• Like 1

Hobbit on a mission level 2

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71372-smileitsmes-fight-to-be-an-initiate/

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning how to dance in the rain!

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone, it is helpful.

I'm going to have to let this challenge/forum go to the wayside however because there's a bunch of stuff happening in my life that demands most/all of my attention and I just can' find the time/space to get on here. I'm still following the challenge though, and have been getting progressively stronger with my work-outs and finding a rhythm that fits me.

I've lost about 2 lbs that's been steady for the past couple weeks and my body circumference has maintained that 1 inch loss since last I measured.

I might hop on when I can, but if I do, it's gonna be sporadic and barely here. 

• Like 1

Good job with the progress!

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Sometimes the forums posting is the commitment too far, but it sounds like you're staying focused! Good work!

Mary Oliver