• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

THE ASSASSIN FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - MAP AND GUIDE

Welcome to the Assassin Fellowship of the Ring

LOTR.jpg

...Also known as the Challenge #43 Assassin Mini Challenge!

Now, I hear we have a piece of fancy jewelry to deliver to Mordor... what say you, nerds?  Ready to have an adventure?

tumblr_npjmu5ztJp1reqjk7o1_500.gif

I'm a wizard.  I can mix canons if I like.

If you're ready, then grab your walking shoes and listen up!

How It Works:

1. This mini is open to all who wish to participate, with a few restrictions:
    • All Assassins are eligible to participate and earn stats, as always.
    • Recruits MAY NOT participate.  Please come back next time, after you have completed your first full 6WC.  If you have questions about this rule, please PM me.
    • Members of other guilds are welcome to join the game, but please note that you will not be able to earn any stat points.  You can still play just for fun, however.  If you have questions about this rule, please PM me.
  2. Participants will be split into 4 groups - elves, dwarves, humans, and hobbits.  If you are an Assassin and you have NOT completed the Assassin sign-up form, please do so and you will be assigned a race.  You can see the current roster here.
    • You will be locked into your chosen race for the duration of the mini and will not be able to change races.
    • Different races may receive bonuses in certain challenges, so picking based on your strengths may be wise.
    • Note that there is no guarantee that you will receive your first choice of team if the numbers aren't balanced, but I will do my best.
    • If you are a non-Assassin participant, please PM me your first choice of race and I will assign you to a team.
  3. Keep an eye on this main thread.  Each week, the Fellowship will be given a task to complete as they journey to Mordor.
  4. Although we are working together to get the One Ring to Mordor, we're also searching out the most worthy among us... the one who will earn the right to carry and destroy the Ring in the end.  Your group may be called upon to nominate a champion... maybe even more than once.  So work hard and prove your worth!

Let's Go!

• Like 12

It's here!!!! I'm so excited! There is so much amazing potential here!

tumblr_inline_ney4bd6o321qewb03.gif

There doesn't seem to be any dwarf love on the sign up, so if you need to move people around, I offer my axe. Besides, Gimli has all the best one liners.

gimligimli1140247696.png

• Like 2

It's here!!!! I'm so excited! There is so much amazing potential here!

tumblr_inline_ney4bd6o321qewb03.gif

There doesn't seem to be any dwarf love on the sign up, so if you need to move people around, I offer my axe. Besides, Gimli has all the best one liners.

gimligimli1140247696.png

I know, right?  I was going to be an elf, but then I decided that the dwarves needed me more. ;)

I'll gladly move you over as you volunteered!

• Like 2

I felt drawfy when signing up.  

Light on the list, living under ground cant be that bad...

I have a feeling we may gain a few more...... we'll see how the numbers shake out before I start re-assigning people. :D

Argh!  How long do we have before the first mini is posted?  I MUST BE IN THIS MINI, and I haven't filled out the form yet.  I'm at work, so I can't get to google docs, and they don't seem to work from my phone, either.  Can I do it via PM or something?  Or will I be ok if I wait until I get home late this evening?

• Like 1

I felt drawfy when signing up.  

Light on the list, living under ground cant be that bad...

I would like an episode of Cribs set in Moria. "The vaulted ceilings took a few hundred extra years but damn they were worth it."

• Like 4

Argh!  How long do we have before the first mini is posted?  I MUST BE IN THIS MINI, and I haven't filled out the form yet.  I'm at work, so I can't get to google docs, and they don't seem to work from my phone, either.  Can I do it via PM or something?  Or will I be ok if I wait until I get home late this evening?

You have time.  I am guessing the first mini will go up tomorrow, once we have the initial teams figured out.  I can put you on the list for now, however, if you want to let me know your initial choice of team (just remember, you may not get to stay there when I calibrate).

I strongly suggest dwarves of hobbits; humans and elves are by far larger teams. :)

I'm feeling pretty strong and durable this morning!!

tumblr_n6u0nttgQP1rokjk7o1_500.gif

Cause nimble running definitely isn't where I'm at, that's for damn sure. I've never participated in a guild challenge before so I'm super excited! We dwarves are here to kick rear and take names!

tumblr_mk6lwbn1cw1r0t68go4_250.gif

Right. And that too. 

And to you pointy ears, no hard feelings? 

tumblr_m7m8q5O7V51r61nfto4_250.gif

• Like 3

You have time.  I am guessing the first mini will go up tomorrow, once we have the initial teams figured out.  I can put you on the list for now, however, if you want to let me know your initial choice of team (just remember, you may not get to stay there when I calibrate).

I strongly suggest dwarves of hobbits; humans and elves are by far larger teams. :)

Ok.  I'll sign up this evening.

My first choice (probably obviously?) is elves.  Dwarves would be my last choice, so if I need to get moved to them or hobbits, I would prefer hobbits.  I will still play, where ever I end up, though.

Ok.  I'll sign up this evening.

My first choice (probably obviously?) is elves.  Dwarves would be my last choice, so if I need to get moved to them or hobbits, I would prefer hobbits.  I will still play, where ever I end up, though.

You're registered in Elves for now, stay tuned for calibration though. :)  Everyone and their sister seems to want to be an elf. :D

See, initially, I was torn between hobbits and dwarves because being as short as I am, I have a soft spot for them, but I stared at the sign up like, "............... I wanna be an elf though because I'm never an elf and elves............... SO I WILL PICK ELF I GUESS" If this was a Dragon Age themed challenge, I probably would've gone dwarf without thinking about it because I love playing the dwarf commoner in Origins.

But I volunteer to get moved to either hobbits or dwarves if need be, since I really want to replay Origins (AGAIN) and it'll get me in the spirit of my Warden, probably. :lol:

What, cross-fandoming is fun? idkkkkkkk...

• Like 3

See, initially, I was torn between hobbits and dwarves because being as short as I am, I have a soft spot for them, but I stared at the sign up like, "............... I wanna be an elf though because I'm never an elf and elves............... SO I WILL PICK ELF I GUESS" If this was a Dragon Age themed challenge, I probably would've gone dwarf without thinking about it because I love playing the dwarf commoner in Origins.

But I volunteer to get moved to either hobbits or dwarves if need be, since I really want to replay Origins (AGAIN) and it'll get me in the spirit of my Warden, probably. :lol:

What, cross-fandoming is fun? idkkkkkkk...

Dwarves are short (har har.... I made a funny..............) so you'll be with them. :D

• Like 1

I was waiting for the mini to decide if I was playing along this challenge or sticking with my own game.  Looks like I'll be posting a thread when I get home tonight.

Are there any differences between the races (like the different crews last challenge) or are they pretty much the same (like the HP houses)?

• Like 1

I was waiting for the mini to decide if I was playing along this challenge or sticking with my own game.  Looks like I'll be posting a thread when I get home tonight.

Are there any differences between the races (like the different crews last challenge) or are they pretty much the same (like the HP houses)?

For now, all I'm saying is that there are only 6 activities total but your group may determine when and in which activity you're eligible for earning bonus points.

No place for orcs?   :lol:

Only 4 races for this mini~

Plus a wizard.  But I get to keep that title all for myself, my precious~

Let me know if you want in again. :D

I'd like to sign up for Team Hobbit! I'll fill out the sign-up sheet when I get home tonight (as so often, cursing the work firewall that blocks Google docs).

Got you covered!

• Like 1

I'm short enough to be a dwarf or hobbit, but I'm far fiercer than a hobbit...and less stealthy, too. Tanks <> stealthy. Dwarf, it is!

You know, you and I have have not yet been on a team together without that team winning the mini.  So, you know....

Dwarves aren't popular but maybe they should be. ;)

• Like 4

You know, you and I have have not yet been on a team together without that team winning the mini.  So, you know....

Dwarves aren't popular but maybe they should be. ;)

This is a fact. However, so long as the Ring takes a nice hot bath, we can sleep soundly at night.

Axes always were my favorite weapon, TBH. Chop wood, chop enemies...same diff to the ax. 

• Like 1

Ah yes here comes the time for my inner Tolkien geek to shine! I'd like to sign up for the elves, if there's still space for me. I was hoping for this theme to come up some time *jumps up and down excitedly*

Heria, mellyn nîn! (Let us begin, my friends!)

original.gif

• Like 2