• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

THE ASSASSIN FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING - MAP AND GUIDE

Oooh. I might have to ask. I'm not the best at baking, so I'm a little leery. On a level of 1 to Should Not Attempt if You're Not a Baker, how hard is this?

Baking, in general, is just culinary science. Biggest thing I can say, in my experiences, about baking is this: dry ingredients like flour should be poured into the measuring cup. Don't just take the cup, shove it into the bag and measure. The flour gets packed into the cup and you end up with too much flour. 

• Like 2

Oooh. I might have to ask. I'm not the best at baking, so I'm a little leery. On a level of 1 to Should Not Attempt if You're Not a Baker, how hard is this?

I'll try to remember to post it when I get home tonight. It uses a boxed cake as base, so it's really super easy. The awesome part is the glaze that is filled with run, the cake itself gets drunk ;)

• Like 2

OH

I read your thread and caught the reference to derby pie and bourbon. I think I figured it out now :tongue:

MY

CAKE WITH BOOZE IN IT. Very boozy bundts.

GOODNESS

That was me with derby pie and bourbon, I'm afraid ;) Still applies, though!

RUM CAKE!!!! DRUNK RUM CAKE!

!!!

I only have a rum cake recipe, I'm sorry. I *am* willing to share, though ;)

I am sooo missing out on stuff being over here!  BLARG!!

a6abad9c279c21220267db89a5ea82dacc529f9c

Please lemme know when ya'll post these recipes so I can make them and eat them with ya'll in effigy...

• Like 2

Team Elf has gained one (1) Booze Bundter.

I am sooo gonna have to ask...

Mayyyyyyyybe I'll start handing out special titles "to keep" (like raptron's) to people who really shine in the minis?  Thoughts? :D

hmmm...how does one "shine" a drunken cake?

I think I may have a new challenge goal...but if the titles are "gifted", I'd be afraid of what I'd get assigned...that's how I ended up with the name "Bast" over *cough* years ago!!!  ...and I STILL can't get rid of it!  LOL!!

tumblr_n6xi7llLm51tcws1lo1_500.gif

Baking, in general, is just culinary science. Biggest thing I can say, in my experiences, about baking is this: dry ingredients like flour should be poured into the measuring cup. Don't just take the cup, shove it into the bag and measure. The flour gets packed into the cup and you end up with too much flour. 

which is why we measure flour and things in weight, not volume ;)

Another hint: if you start a dough with beating butter soft, it is well worth beating the butter real soft (although don't melt in pot that changes everything) and again when adding eggs, whereas not stirring/beating too long when you add the flour/other dry ingredients. Just enough to have it mixed well but no longer. In this way the cake will be juicy and have a lighter texture.

Mmmh love baking and haven't in a long time. Will actually do that today for hubby's birthday tomorrow. Won't give him drunken cake to take to work - although the results might be interesting :D - will bake him these rather:

donauwelle-size-3.jpg

delicious chocolaty dough with cherries baked in, topped with a custardy, butter cream layer and then covered with molten chocolate on top, yum

Best part: kitchen machine will do most work for me, I get to do the savoring :P

Better work my butt off in the mine battle to compensate  :onthego:

• Like 7

Checking in after the weekend. Checked the sheet of the mini.

You guys are:

tumblr_lq76epHwsr1r1rvcno1_500.gif

The utmost respect and appreciation to be able to be among such lunatics!

• Like 4

Hey guys!  I am back from camp!

Unfortunately, I am set to work some 12-14 hour days until Wednesday.  Yay promotion?  (YAY PROMOTION, BOO CRAZY HOURS!)

Please be patient with me - I'll get you week 3 mini final results and week 4 mini kickoff as soon as I have some breathing room.  Will try for late tonight when my brain is no longer processing work, but cannot PROMISE it won't be a little late.

LOVE YOU ALL, STAY AWESOME! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

• Like 5

A NOTE REGARDING CHAMPIONS.

Champions must be chosen and entered in the spreadsheet by 12pm EST on Friday, October 9th.  Any group that does not have a champion by then will not be able to participate in the PVP and will not have a chance to earn the extra points associated with it.

Thanks.  :)

gif%20dwarf%20party_zpsd2240bb6.gif

Another enemy slain!

tumblr_mj96v3B6lV1qcpt2ro1_500.gif

Tha spidah is a gonnah!!!

giphy.gif

Again!!! What a teamwork!!!

tumblr_mm3140kYpo1sp7crao1_500.gif

But i read we dwarves had to make haste, to make the most blows!

tumblr_n6u0nttgQP1rokjk7o2_r1_500.gif

In the end, the important thing is that the path is once more open!

the-hobbit-kili-fili-let-me-love-you-tho

As i guessed yesterday, it's already done, a pity really, as i'm feeling twice the man i did yesterday (when i was feeling only half a man).

tumblr_lzzqtiIHK31rqrhiqo1_500.gif

• Like 1

For the people who missed out on this lightning fast 5th mini challenge, there is an unofficial (only for fame and glory, no points attached) extension to the 5th mini challenge:

UH OH

• Like 1