• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship - Hobbit Headquarters

If I wake up early enough, maybe I can take the dog for walk before going for my run tomorrow. Bof... I don't want to think about getting up early XD I'll try to get some walking in later in the week!

Wasn't sure how helpful I'd be this week since I'm on vacation, but since our plans include hiking and geocaching, I'm good. Walked at reststops and down to the beach. Do I get bonus points for seal watching?

• Like 5

Wasn't sure how helpful I'd be this week since I'm on vacation, but since our plans include hiking and geocaching, I'm good. Walked at reststops and down to the beach. Do I get bonus points for seal watching?

One would think you should be able to :)

I totally can support this mini this week. Got 1.1 miles in last night on top of my normal walking with work so it totaled up to just over 5 miles. Day off today but more walking will be done.

Ohey, I just discovered that google fit was calculating stuff for me without me even trying. This is cool (though it breaks my runs into runs and walks *mumblegrumble*) and as such, I walked a whole half mile yesterday! Don't look at me like that, It was a busy day :P

BTW, I have just have to share because it makes me SO happy: part of my extra walking came last night when, after dinner when he would often be settling down to play on an iPad, I was talking with my 4 year old about the stars and we decided to walk down to the local park that has the best view of the sky. We went stargazing together! He was so happy and chattering all the way there and back--he also loved playing with my headlamp on the way back. Hooray for clear-but-not-too-chilly autumn nights! And he walked almost all the way there and back (about 6 blocks-ish), I only had to carry him a little bit.

200.gif

200.gif

• Like 6

I will be throwing up some numbers shortly, if the spread  sheet works. Apparently a pedometer is really useful to me. I pace about my office regularily and that shit adds up. Seriously, kind of surprised by the distance I cover cumulatively considering it's all of like, 15 steps. I do freaking laps yo.

• Like 1

I will be throwing up some numbers shortly, if the spread  sheet works. Apparently a pedometer is really useful to me. I pace about my office regularily and that shit adds up. Seriously, kind of surprised by the distance I cover cumulatively considering it's all of like, 15 steps. I do freaking laps yo.

I so feel that.  My unit has our offices at the back and the nurse's station/chart room up front.  This is on purpose to prevent  patient shenanigans, but it means I walk the hallway 45 zillion times a  day. Woot for workplace flow stealth exercise!

• Like 2

Yay, I'm a Hobbit! I'm not officially starting the challenge until Monday, but I didn't want to miss the mini so I signed up yesterday. I didn't do very much walking yesterday or today, but I'm hoping to get back to walking more starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

I will be throwing up some numbers shortly, if the spread sheet works. Apparently a pedometer is really useful to me. I pace about my office regularily and that shit adds up. Seriously, kind of surprised by the distance I cover cumulatively considering it's all of like, 15 steps. I do freaking laps yo.

That's exactly what happens to me in the pharmacy. I can go from end to end longways in about 7-9 normal steps for me. Multiply that by 8 hours of work and I'm hitting roughly 6-7,000 steps. It's amazing sometimes to see that.
  • Like 1

I work an active job - teaching - so I do pretty well on steps during the week.  I usually just have to focus on the last thousand or two when I get home.   The weekends are my bane though.  I tend to slack off and sloth off.  :)  

I believe there was a story recently about a guy who lost a ton of weight by walking around his kitchen island a million times a day.  He worked from home and would walk it whenever he was on a call, I believe.  

• Like 1