• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship - Hobbit Headquarters

I work an active job - teaching - so I do pretty well on steps during the week.  I usually just have to focus on the last thousand or two when I get home.   The weekends are my bane though.  I tend to slack off and sloth off.  :)  

I believe there was a story recently about a guy who lost a ton of weight by walking around his kitchen island a million times a day.  He worked from home and would walk it whenever he was on a call, I believe.  

OMFG YES THIS ^^^^

So I left my step counter on and called my mom last night. Almost a 2 hour conversation and I paced THE ENTIRE TIME. Turns out I covered almost 2 miles doing that. FOR REALZ YO. I should have taken a picture of it. And I do that everytime she and I talk because I am a pacer.

• Like 3

I work from home and it use to be so hard to even get 1,000 steps, but lately I have been consistently getting 5,000 steps (about 2.5 miles). This week though, instead of watching TV during lunch and after work, I go for a walk with the hubby. I told him about the mini so all I have to do is say "Let's walk to Mordor". Too bad he didn't do the last challenge, Hobbits would be getting 10 miles a day instead of just my 5. I work from the office today and I tend to stay at my desk. I will have to try to walk around the building a few times.

I also called my Mom last night and instead of sitting on the couch, I made laps around my house while dragging a cat toy behind me. The cats loved it. Plus it was their new Millennium Falcon toy!

MillenniumFalconCat.jpg

• Like 4

So apparently walking to and from my work area to the main building and back twice is 2 kilometers. Huh. No wonder no one ever makes it to meetings on time.

So tempted to start doing laps of the building though :P

Also, anyone else here have the requisit Hobbit feet? As in, my feet might be tiny by I walk everywhere barefoot (and may or may not have hair on my toes) :P

• Like 2

Also, anyone else here have the requisit Hobbit feet? As in, my feet might be tiny by I walk everywhere barefoot (and may or may not have hair on my toes) :P

I wouldn't say my feet are tiny I'd call them smaller than my proportional body size. Totally would rather be barefoot than shoes.

So apparently walking to and from my work area to the main building and back twice is 2 kilometers. Huh. No wonder no one ever makes it to meetings on time.

So tempted to start doing laps of the building though :tongue:

Also, anyone else here have the requisit Hobbit feet? As in, my feet might be tiny by I walk everywhere barefoot (and may or may not have hair on my toes) :tongue:

Definitely me! my feet are almost as wide as they are long and I live in vibrams  or barefoot.  Shoes are of the devil.  I admit though that I do shave my toes ;)

• Like 3

I so feel that. My unit has our offices at the back and the nurse's station/chart room up front. This is on purpose to prevent patient shenanigans, but it means I walk the hallway 45 zillion times a day. Woot for workplace flow stealth exercise!

Hooray for nurses!

Barefoot walking!  I wish my pedometer hadn't died...  :( I'm sure I'm getting some miles on rounds at the hospital this week.  Anybody got a good free app for iOS?

Barefoot walking!  I wish my pedometer hadn't died...   :( I'm sure I'm getting some miles on rounds at the hospital this week.  Anybody got a good free app for iOS?

GPS+ Pedometer works very well, but does not sync with MFP. 

I wish I could walk around barefoot. Unfortunately, I work in more conservative environments, so I don't think my internship boss would be too happy with me if I showed up to work in a suit and no shoes (or with my other job... walking around my school barefoot seems gross!). 

• Like 1

I literally had a second breakfast today guys....

It wasn't in my planned nutrition but I was so hungry I was getting a headache. Decided food was a better solution. So I feel much better now, but now I'm sleepy. Yaay?

Also, never even realized how much I really am a freaking Hobbit until I started this challenge, and we're only 5 days into it.

• Like 4

I doubled my  average total miles yesterday and am planning to  take a walk today again even if its raining. My commute next month will include  almost 3 miles a day of walking so this is the perfect prep!

• Like 1

So, I spontaneously joined a softball team yesterday because they needed women and I have been wanting to play for a few years now, but never had the nerve to do it. I haven't played in, I'm guessing, 10 years, but they still let me play first base last night. I did pretty well and got some pretty solid hits putting me on base. I don't remember the last time I ran that much. I am paying for it today. My legs feel like they are made out of jelly that weighs 100 lbs. It's a wonderful yet uncomfortable feeling. I also have a pretty black and blue bruise on my knee from when I caught a ball, kept my foot on the bag, but lost my balance.

I am still going to try to get in my 10,000 steps, but it is going to a challenge today.

On a side note, while we were waiting for the game to start, it was just getting dark and there was a group of about 10-12 people in the park fighting with lightsabers! It looked liked they were practicing some choreographed fight. It was very cool and surreal to watch. I wish I had time to go over and find out what group they were apart of. UPDATE: After a quick search, turns out they are a part of a Saber Guild.

• Like 3

Going clothing shopping is the way to go. 10 K steps. I shit you not. My feet hurt now. And I spent way to much money. But I have clothes. And they fit.

Yay for clothes that fit! (Boo for shoes.) I live in a constant state of needing to go shopping. Every year I wonder how I survived the winter.

• Like 1

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2429-1384384486-15.

A place for the hobbits to chat and strategize.

Came to say hi to my new hobbit friends. This gif is perfect as I actually had a second breakfast at work today (and it was on expenses too :)).

• Like 2

OK, I like wearing shoes (especially my super-comfy work boots, when I get a chance to wear them). But I like food too and I'm quite small of stature, so I still feel Hobbit-y. 

For the mini-challenge: yay for walking at lunch in nearby state park, and for walk to not-the-closest-to-us playground with the kids before dinner! We'll see how Saturday goes (Widget, my youngest, might be sick), but Sunday there's no guarantees. It's the day before my birthday, and my birthday gift to myself this year is a half-day guided kayak trip. (Last year it was an outdoor rock climbing class.) Great for exercise! Not so great for walking numbers. :D

My GPS wasn't working with my phone so I had to guesstimate how far I walked today. There is a tractor exhibit for a museum close to my house with a walking trail that is kind of paved so I walk that when I don't drive to the park.

Keep walking Hobbits.

• Like 1