• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship - Human Headquarters

Only 20 peeups and 40 esses today. My shoulders are still feeling yesterday, and my legs have lived in what feels like a permanent state of recovery since, like, June.

• Like 1

i saw our push-ups finally passed our squats so i added some more squats.  I'll have 30p and 60s today during my workout.  If i'm not dead afterwards i might try to add a few more of each.  I won't get a chance to add any this weekend as we'll be out of town and i'll be working a cotton candy machine all day saturday.

• Like 2

i saw our push-ups finally passed our squats so i added some more squats.  I'll have 30p and 60s today during my workout.  If i'm not dead afterwards i might try to add a few more of each.  I won't get a chance to add any this weekend as we'll be out of town and i'll be working a cotton candy machine all day saturday.

I think I have to assume "working a cotton candy machine" is some kind of euphemism, even though it almost certainly is not.

210 squats this evening, in one set of 60 and three sets of 50, with a two minute break between each set.

My legs feel glorious. I admit, I like these way more than push-ups.

• Like 1

I entered my last push-ups from today. Between my squat-o-thon on Friday and my 30 km/h bike ride across Lethbridge today. I can barely walk in a straight line, never mind do any squats. Sorry, all.

I think I have to assume "working a cotton candy machine" is some kind of euphemism, even though it almost certainly is not.

Nope.  An actual cotton candy machine.  It was fall festival and the church my wife's folks attend had a booth.  The church has a cotton candy machine and so i run it for them every year.  It's fun, but can be hard on the shoulder.

• Like 1

Well let's just say, we were resting this mini and we will attack it next one ;)  With my race this weekend, I didn't get any more push-ups in.  I am mostly recovered from the race and ready for whatever challenge 3 is!

I did the Rise to Power video first, on the grounds that if I do my most difficult unfinished video every day, between the increased practice and successively easier videos, I will feel more like a million dollars each day.

So, today...

Weaknesses:

• Leg and hip flexibility (known issue)
  • Arm strength (known issue)
Strengths:
  • Shoulder flexibility (my shoulders are disgusting, folks!)
  • Leg strength (extra disgusting, y'all!)
  • Upside-down balance
I could only hold the "binds" about half as long as the improbably named Fiji McAlpine, and my knees were bent more than a hanger snaking a clogged drain. Also, I couldn't hold my legs up for the L-sit thing near the end.

On the other hand, as well as keeping up, and pulling off reasonable (if inflexible) versions of the rest of the poses, I held a 13-second crow pose (I haven't done one of these since I was nine years old), and held a potentially infinite headstand (I've always been good at headstands). I didn't have to cheat on any of the transitions between poses, either.

Overall, I did much better than I expected.

Tomorrow: another one!

• Like 3

I did the Rise to Power video first, on the grounds that if I do my most difficult unfinished video every day, between the increased practice and successively easier videos, I will feel more like a million dollars each day.

You failed to mention that the new challenge is posted, but thanks to your post I took a look :)

So all humans sign up in the spreadsheet

• Like 1

Dang. Yoga is not really my thing, but mini-challenges are about expanding your horizons, right?

15765761013_d60491f7e5.jpg

Moi aussi.

Power for Deep Release: complete!

My extremely flexible shoulders couldn't save me on this leg-intensive video. I looked like an ostrich trying to fly.

The only move I couldn't more or less follow is the one where I had to put my right leg on my right shoulder, and push the rest of my body off of the floor. Or the corresponding move for the left side. Everything else may have looked quaint and ungainly, but at least I could do it.

These two videos have been great for my aching left quad. I pushed it too hard this weekend (it wasn't the squats that did it; it was the super-death-cycling the next day that twerked the muscle).

• Like 1

Okay, so in Happy Hamstrings, the improbably-named but very bendy Fiji McAlpine told me to bend my leg up over my back and touch my shoulder.

Narp.

Fun anyway. Also: good for legses.

vanessa-marcil-yoga-o_zpselvgx9kh.gif

Overall a mixed bag, because I was out of town at a wedding. I made sure to get the yoga videos done, though, because they were a great way to unwind after some very busy days.

In case anyone's wondering, the official lunge rule is one (1) leg = one (1) rep. So you do one right lunge and one left lunge, and you record two reps.

Also, because I never get tired of my all-time favourite lunging video:

The video also includes a pre-movie Sauron joke.