Assassin Fellowship - Human Headquarters

starsapart

i've got 15 more squats to add today and i'll have 60 more at least tomorrow.

• Like 2

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

i saw our push-ups finally passed our squats so i added some more squats.  I'll have 30p and 60s today during my workout.  If i'm not dead afterwards i might try to add a few more of each.  I won't get a chance to add any this weekend as we'll be out of town and i'll be working a cotton candy machine all day saturday.

• Like 2

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

i saw our push-ups finally passed our squats so i added some more squats.  I'll have 30p and 60s today during my workout.  If i'm not dead afterwards i might try to add a few more of each.  I won't get a chance to add any this weekend as we'll be out of town and i'll be working a cotton candy machine all day saturday.

I think I have to assume "working a cotton candy machine" is some kind of euphemism, even though it almost certainly is not.

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Sorry guys.  I ended up being mostly absent for this mini-challenge, I'll do better next time

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

I think I have to assume "working a cotton candy machine" is some kind of euphemism, even though it almost certainly is not.

Nope.  An actual cotton candy machine.  It was fall festival and the church my wife's folks attend had a booth.  The church has a cotton candy machine and so i run it for them every year.  It's fun, but can be hard on the shoulder.

• Like 1

I did the Rise to Power video first, on the grounds that if I do my most difficult unfinished video every day, between the increased practice and successively easier videos, I will feel more like a million dollars each day.

So, today...

Weaknesses:

• Leg and hip flexibility (known issue)
  • Arm strength (known issue)
Strengths:
  • Shoulder flexibility (my shoulders are disgusting, folks!)
  • Leg strength (extra disgusting, y'all!)
  • Upside-down balance
I could only hold the "binds" about half as long as the improbably named Fiji McAlpine, and my knees were bent more than a hanger snaking a clogged drain. Also, I couldn't hold my legs up for the L-sit thing near the end.

On the other hand, as well as keeping up, and pulling off reasonable (if inflexible) versions of the rest of the poses, I held a 13-second crow pose (I haven't done one of these since I was nine years old), and held a potentially infinite headstand (I've always been good at headstands). I didn't have to cheat on any of the transitions between poses, either.

Overall, I did much better than I expected.

Tomorrow: another one!

• Like 3

Jothra

I did the Rise to Power video first, on the grounds that if I do my most difficult unfinished video every day, between the increased practice and successively easier videos, I will feel more like a million dollars each day.

You failed to mention that the new challenge is posted, but thanks to your post I took a look :)

So all humans sign up in the spreadsheet

• Like 1

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Dang.  Yoga is not really my thing, but mini-challenges are about expanding your horizons, right?

15765761013_d60491f7e5.jpg

• Like 2

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Dang. Yoga is not really my thing, but mini-challenges are about expanding your horizons, right?

15765761013_d60491f7e5.jpg

Moi aussi.

Power for Deep Release: complete!

My extremely flexible shoulders couldn't save me on this leg-intensive video. I looked like an ostrich trying to fly.

The only move I couldn't more or less follow is the one where I had to put my right leg on my right shoulder, and push the rest of my body off of the floor. Or the corresponding move for the left side. Everything else may have looked quaint and ungainly, but at least I could do it.

These two videos have been great for my aching left quad. I pushed it too hard this weekend (it wasn't the squats that did it; it was the super-death-cycling the next day that twerked the muscle).

• Like 1

Jothra

New challenge!

Score sheet!

Read and discuss!

We have the race bonus!

Edit: Got a start. 120 lunges and counting.

Great, and for that you should be our Champion :)

Any other nominations or comments?

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Woot.  This will play perfectly into my challenge.  I'm home today so i'll get a lot of my attempts at pullups in.

Great, and for that you should be our Champion :)

Any other nominations or comments?

I'll second the nomination for Jothra!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week