So, I guess you could say I fell off the rails... I never really got started to be honest. I really need to find a way to get going but starting something has always been my weak point. I thought that by just posting here it would give me some form of accountability but if you stop posting and avoid the forums, it seems that out of sight really does equal out of mind. In hindsight, I think that losing the scale was a bad idea. I think I need some form of measurement. Some way to determine progress as I don't really want to be doing my measurements so often.

I look for guidance but know that in my quest to be healthier and stronger both mentally and physically, I know that 3 things will help me with that.

1) A Food Log - I need to count calories. It has worked in the past and when I stop doing it I suffer.

2) An Exercise Log - Same as #1.

3) Time for Unwinding - I know the benefits of meditation, yoga, tai chi, etc. This is something I need to schedule regardless of what goes on around me.

Stay tuned in my battle log (link below) for updates and hopefully I can get back to where I need to be.

• Like 2

There's an ancient wisdom I should have heeded long ago. If only I had recgnized its truth applies as much to me as to all men. True happiness is found along a middle road; there lies the balance and the harmony, with reason and emotion not at war but hand in hand.

My Battle Log

So, I guess you could say I fell off the rails... I never really got started to be honest. I really need to find a way to get going but starting something has always been my weak point. I thought that by just posting here it would give me some form of accountability but if you stop posting and avoid the forums, it seems that out of sight really does equal out of mind. In hindsight, I think that losing the scale was a bad idea. I think I need some form of measurement. Some way to determine progress as I don't really want to be doing my measurements so often.

I look for guidance but know that in my quest to be healthier and stronger both mentally and physically, I know that 3 things will help me with that.

1) A Food Log - I need to count calories. It has worked in the past and when I stop doing it I suffer.

2) An Exercise Log - Same as #1.

3) Time for Unwinding - I know the benefits of meditation, yoga, tai chi, etc. This is something I need to schedule regardless of what goes on around me.

Stay tuned in my battle log (link below) for updates and hopefully I can get back to where I need to be.

Good luck with the respawn!

Re: keeping logs, if you're a smartphone user, I've found MyFitnessPal to be a real help. I'm coming up on almost a solid year of daily tracking, and the MFP app has been crucial to my process there. Is it perfect? Nope, but it's the one that still works best for me. The other app I use to track cardio exercise is Endomondo. Also not perfect, but good enough. Strength training, I just use pen and paper, because it's so much easier to write down my completed sets on paper as I do them.

Re: meditation, that's always a great goal. I've been a meditator for years and I've found that there are several activities I do that seem to give me a similar feeling to what a meditation session does. I have zero science to back this up, btw, I'm just going on how I feel. I've found that going for a 20+ minute walk or run gives me the same feeling as if I'd meditated for 20 minutes. Also if I sit and write in my journal for half an hour, I feel the same. My point is that if you manage to get a good cardio session in for the day, don't kick yourself if you don't get a meditation in on the same day, and vice versa. As you go through your process I wager you'll find a balance that works for you.

• Like 1

Lou186000
Battle Log: Battling at the Speed of Lou

aaaa42%