The Scout Mini Challenge Thread with Poll

Terinatum

What kind of Mini are we talking about here?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer complex minis that build up a skill or habit throughout the 6 week period.

• Definitely a good thing for me to do.
    • I would like it, now and again.
    • Not sure I know yet, maybe?
    • I might do it, but I prefer other options.
    • This isn't something that interests me.
  2. 2. I like to try new things for minis that are often associated with other Guilds.

3. 3. I often find that friendly competition helps me during the challenge.

Making Minis better, one Challenge at a time!

Poll continues... please copy and paste into a post with your answers:

4.) I want minis to align with my current goals so I can focus on my consistency.
5.) I like having different weekly options to try throughout the challenge.

6.) I want minis where a Scout writes a week's theme and another Scout continues it in the next week.

7.) I would enjoy helping out with the running of the Minis.

Possible answers for each question:

Definitely a good thing for me to do.

I would like it, now and again.

Not sure I know yet, maybe?

I might do it, but I prefer other options.

This isn't something that interests me.

Other: write in what you want/need

Talk to us and each other. What works, what doesn't.

Even if the minis are not something you do, let us know that as well.

Thanks a bunch, Scouts!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

For the remaining questions are it is pretty much once in a while.  I like variety.  Admittedly more pvp would be fun.  I loved the one during break where we got some involvement and it was pvp but again I would not want pvp every time either.

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

4.) I want minis to align with my current goals so I can focus on my consistency.

Not sure I know, maybe.

6.) I want minis where a Scout writes a week's theme and another Scout continues it in the next week.

Definitely a good thing for me.

Definitely a good thing for me.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

4. Sort of not sure, in a way it's good that there's not too many goals but I'd maybe like some variation in terms of goals
5. Definitely a good thing for me to do, interests me in terms of trying new things

6. This isn't something that interests me, might not be also possible depending on my injuries/pain situation and topic so might not suit all if theme isn't fitting for my current health

7. Unfortunately not possible in my current life situation

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 7 | CON: 8 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Challenges: 1, 2

Running/biking 30-60 min: 0/12

0%
0%

Yoga or flexibility practice: 0/15

0%
0%

Physiotherapy sessions: 6/96

6%
6%

1 h reading: 3/42

7%
7%

4.) I want minis to align with my current goals so I can focus on my consistency. - I like trying different things, getting fresh ideas.
5.) I like having different weekly options to try throughout the challenge. - I do like new options every week.

6.) I want minis where a Scout writes a week's theme and another Scout continues it in the next week. - I don't know how this works, but it sounds interesting,

7.) I would enjoy helping out with the running of the Minis. Maybe in the future.

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

I remember a series of mini challenges in Assassins that was cool involved taking a picture or video of yourself doing a certain stretch move.  What if Scouts posted a picture of themselves running?  Or if your self conscious, take a picture of the view you have on your favorite run, something like that?

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.”   Vincent Van Gogh

4.) I want minis to align with my current goals so I can focus on my consistency. - Definitely a good thing for me.

5.) I like having different weekly options to try throughout the challenge. - I would like it, now and again

6.) I want minis where a Scout writes a week's theme and another Scout continues it in the next week. - I might do it, but prefer other options.

7.) I would enjoy helping out with the running of the Minis. - I don't know yet, maybe?

Consistency is what I need to work on so that's where I'm at now.

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Not sure I know yet, maybe?

• Like 1

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

I might do it, but I prefer other options.

• Like 1

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Other: It is not necessary to have minis line up with my goals, since it is difficult to accommodate everybody and if it conflicts too much, I can always not participate :)

Other: While this could be great, it could get extremely unorganized. Perhaps if there was a suggestion thread to draw from?

Other: I am doing a Tour de Force through the guilds. I won't be around for next challenges, or I totally would help out.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input. Yay!

Okay, so Week 3 will be the start of our mini. The 3rd Week can stand on its own in relation to the following weeks.

It'll be up as soon as I finish it. LOL

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Just tried a full body yoga workout for beginners.  I was okay for the cobra and the child's pose thingies, but the downward facing dog - dumb name - she nearly lost me on that dog stuff.  My arms were shaking trying to hold these poses.  I had to stop and take a break half-way through.  Ooof! 

• Like 1

Blaze the Bounty Hunter

Just tried a full body yoga workout for beginners.  I was okay for the cobra and the child's pose thingies, but the downward facing dog - dumb name - she nearly lost me on that dog stuff.  My arms were shaking trying to hold these poses.  I had to stop and take a break half-way through.  Ooof! 

I'm with you on that pose. My calves/achilles are not stretched well enough and that hold makes me shake too. Try a moderate level of the dog pose until your body gets use to it. It'll be worth it.

I love the cobra pose!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Since I have a hard time with consistency, mainly with food related challenges, I really find that I take minis that coincide with some of my goals more seriously, and find that I prioritize more similar minis than novel ones... Because I am horrible at prioritizing.

I love variety! But again, zero prioritizing skills at present to do a variety of minichallenges -- my main goals may be too much *looks pointedly at Mountain Dew bottle just drained.*

These are fun because you get different perspectives and ideas.

Short answer: yes...

Long answer: I feel like I barely have time to eat with my 60+ hour work week and my creativity is shot at the moment.

• Like 1

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

WEEK THREE MINI CHALLENGE

Bare Bones need Stability Too!

You heard it hear first! Your bones need help. Yuppers, your runner joints are in need to some deep muscle security. Okay, they're not all deep muscles, but there are a few we rarely talk about. While doing these things, please remember your ability level. This is not a competition.

1. Mobility of the joints: yeah, you know how important this is. But where do we get the extra space from? Good question. Check out this video and see what the knee needs to breathe well while being used.

2. Now lets look at a minute muscle group that needs some workout love to help you with stability.

3. Back to the knees. Feeling peppy and ready for more advanced work, great. Try these exercises that demand your coordination and balance.

(I find a pillow works well for this as well.)

4. Take a peek at your exercises and see which ones would be good to focus on. My best stability exercise is this:

5. Tell us what parts of you need extra work to complete your Scoutly endeavors. How are your ankles, hip flexors, hamstrings, arches, knees, and glutes?

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Okay, so this mini has leaks in it, that's okay!

I'm thinking we need some PvP to heighten the pazzazz around here!

Who's up for some Burpees!?!?!

How about Goblet Squats!?!?!?

(I actually did 10 burpees at Camp - first time I ever really tried them. The push up part was a bit deplorable, but the rest was pretty legit. yay me! lol)

Remember to scale your burpee to what you can do now! Don't push your burpees into the future! lol

Allergic to burpees? That's cool. You can do goblet squats instead or also! Use a doable weight that gives you some resistance, but doesn't kill you after 10 squats!!

Spreadie is here.

Best improvement and most reps in a day, for each category (burpees/goblets/both) will be our winners!!

Starting today, Wednesday the 7th and ending next Friday, the 16th!

Lots of time to get these in and see what improvement feels like!!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

ooh! I'm in!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog