Elanor's challenge #4: one habit at a time

Elanor the Fair

Ok, here we go again, although the challenge started yesterday and I already started myself, here only comes my post. In this attachment you can see my new printed challenge chart.

post-30010-0-75023600-1442303350_thumb.j

For my goals it'S very easy: make those habits I built STICK

• Drink Water
  • Count Calories
  • Slowly kick out unhealthy foods
  • Slowly limit snacking
  • Get used to get moving everyday
  • Do my daily household chores

Although I found out, that it's best if I do at least 1 hour of walking everyday - I'm just not there yet. So, baby steps another 6 weeks. I already feel, that it's so much easier to stick to everything but I need more time. Screw it if I don't loose weight.

I will just note here how I think of handling my rewards and grading.

There are 112 points I can make every week. So, I'll make grade A 110 points, grade B 85, grade C 60, grade D 45, grade E 30 and everything below of course is F

A = 5 €, B = 4 €, C = 2,50 €, D = 1,50 €, E = 0,50 € and F = -1 €

This money is put aside either for our next trip to India or just to have some economies at hand.

Ok, I'll keep it short for today! Thank you for reading! As you saw, one of my points on the list is to update in the forums more regularly, so this time you will read me more often!

Yours, Elanor

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

found you! like your goals, nice and clear! you can do this!

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Thank you guys!

Ok, so yesterday was the usual "start of challenge" chaos :P

This time I decided to give myself penality points on some quest items that are most important to me, so ... some of those crosses added to this weeks points list hehe

Today I started taking some more organisation into our household, creating lists on wunderlist.com and starting to play habitica.com - an RPG-like system to reward yourself for keeping to your habits and checking off your todo-list. Is anyone out there playing it too?

So, this is today's update!

@stealthstitcher: are you doing this challenge too? The link in your signature leads me to an older challenge :)

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

Yes ... yes I am. Just didn't remember to change the link. But I have done that now!

I've heard of habitica, but have not played it.

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

phew - what a day - we had a fierce storm here and our car broke down and blocked the whole village ...

But I managed quite well with my quests - I'm satisfied so far :)

Now, I'm heading over to check your post stealthstitcher !!

Thank you guys!

Ok, so yesterday was the usual "start of challenge" chaos :tongue:

This time I decided to give myself penality points on some quest items that are most important to me, so ... some of those crosses added to this weeks points list hehe

Today I started taking some more organisation into our household, creating lists on wunderlist.com and starting to play habitica.com - an RPG-like system to reward yourself for keeping to your habits and checking off your todo-list. Is anyone out there playing it too?

So, this is today's update!

@stealthstitcher: are you doing this challenge too? The link in your signature leads me to an older challenge :)

I just signed up for Habitica.  Still trying to figure it out.  

Rangering since Sept 2015

thank you vegeta.

Yesterday was my birthday and I had many surpirses. I ate lots of food, but hey, that's the day that'S only once a year - I've let myself breathe ...

• Like 1

It seems that this habitica app really helps me out - it is about the same system I invented for myself to track my dailies but in a much more flexible way. I now see, which things are easy for me and which are more habits that still have to be built.

Yesterday was not very good with my goals but, yeah - today's a new day.

• Like 1

It seems that this habitica app really helps me out - it is about the same system I invented for myself to track my dailies but in a much more flexible way. I now see, which things are easy for me and which are more habits that still have to be built.

Yesterday was not very good with my goals but, yeah - today's a new day.

hooray for new days !

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

yes, just a quick update here - I'm a little on the run

many things are clrearing themselves out at the moment. I can't really stick good to my goals at the moment, but I'm putting my effort in organizing my life. I just turned 28 and it is time now, to put everything in place and integrate responsibilities in my life - not that I don't have the sense of them, but it just feels more serious now than it was a few years ago.

Can anyone relate or has been through this at this age?

Yours,

Jaana

ok, yesterday was chaotic but better. There's a deep relief inside me - today I'm stil stressed a little over everything - the car broke down and it will still take till next week to be repaired and I will maybe go next week also to one of my main clients ... for one week to germany ... let's see how fitness quests develop then. I will surely download the habitica app but I don't know how I will be able to post here :-)

So, I made one modification to my quests which is that I track my food instead of tracking calories. I award myself extra points for converting my food log to myfitnesspal, but it's optional. Maybe I will get along better this way. I don't know yet. Thinking of it, I still have to buy a new notepad :)

Ok, you'll hear from me tomorrow! Heads up fellow rebels!

Yours,

Elanor

• Like 2

Hey there fellow rebels.

Yesterday I COMPLETED ALL OF MY GOALS!!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

There was pizza for dinner, but I managed to not overeat totally. I totally feel leveled up and I don't know where this feeling comes from but I'm enjoying it for the moment!

• Like 1

Hey there fellow rebels.

There was pizza for dinner, but I managed to not overeat totally. I totally feel leveled up and I don't know where this feeling comes from but I'm enjoying it for the moment!

woot woot woot! any tips for not overeating? it's one goal I'm not managing to make

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Hey Scumspawn!

Well, it was quite hard to not overeat ;-) But I think I had the willpower because I really wasn't stressed so much as usual. On the other hand I had the possibility to leave also really soon.

Today was ok, but I ate some bread for example because the day was really chaotic and I had to sit around waiting for the planning. This teaches me a lot about myself and my habits in dealing with stress at the moment. I guess if my days were more relaxed it may be different ... or maybe it's more correct to say, that I manage everything when I manage to be centered within myself ...

Today I finally had everything planned so nicely: my smartphone with the habitica app, a new notepad for tracking food together with a pen and a fresh bottle of water of 1,5l and what did I do? Forgot it at our horses barn 12 km away and no car to go and fetch it and I have no light on my bike ... sigh ...

• Like 1

Hey there fellow rebels.

Yay!

Today I finally had everything planned so nicely: my smartphone with the habitica app, a new notepad for tracking food together with a pen and a fresh bottle of water of 1,5l and what did I do? Forgot it at our horses barn 12 km away and no car to go and fetch it and I have no light on my bike ... sigh ...

Argh ... hard times. If only it was the other way around, you could ride a horse to go rescue your stuff!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

haha, you're right, I wasn'T even thinking about that. But it was rainy and windy - I really was glad I was back home. And I'm glad that at least I left my bag at a dry place instead somewhere on the pasture ... ;)

Hey Scumspawn!

Well, it was quite hard to not overeat ;-) But I think I had the willpower because I really wasn't stressed so much as usual. On the other hand I had the possibility to leave also really soon.

Today was ok, but I ate some bread for example because the day was really chaotic and I had to sit around waiting for the planning. This teaches me a lot about myself and my habits in dealing with stress at the moment. I guess if my days were more relaxed it may be different ... or maybe it's more correct to say, that I manage everything when I manage to be centered within myself ...

good point, I am usually pretty stressed when I'm eating. I'm trying to be more mindful but it's difficult.

I'm going to tighten up on overeating from today

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Hey!

One one hand I had a victory today: As I ate bread I felt full after only "a normal portion" (a 1/4th of a baguette) and managed to not overeat - I never ever thought that I would experience that - same as with the pizza lately - am I going crazy now? LOL :mushroom:

On the other hand this means that I ate bread ... well ... ;)

Hey!

One one hand I had a victory today: As I ate bread I felt full after only "a normal portion" (a 1/4th of a baguette) and managed to not overeat - I never ever thought that I would experience that - same as with the pizza lately - am I going crazy now? LOL :mushroom:

Oh, we're all mad here ...

But it is a victory to realize that you can be satisfied with reasonable amounts of things.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Sorry there was no update yesterday.

I'm sick :( I hope this will go away because I'm leaving on Sunday for one week and I want to be fit.

Yesterday I was good with my goals. I even did a full workout - woow!!! :)

Hey fellow ladies - it's late in the night and I'm just packing up my things because I'm leaving for Germany tomorrow. I hope I can stick to my goals, but what's for sure is that I won't be able to write here until Saturday! Good luck to all of you and I will write a report once I'm back!

Hug you all!

Elanor

Have fun in Germany! Well, hopefully some fun at least? Let us know how your goals went while travelling once you get back!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Yes, it was fun! But I couldn't really stick to my goals. But I did better than other times and - what is best: there never was that over-binging with food. I ate reasonable amounts - not more than others. This is a big win for me! I will however make no break between this and next challenge :)

• Like 1