• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Assassin Fellowship Mini #1: Simply Walking to Mordor

SIMPLY DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE!

tumblr_inline_nrjrs3IxsE1qdptf6_500.gif

Clearly, he doesn't know us very well.  We Assassins "simply" do the impossible every single day.

This week, though, our quest is deceptively easy.  How does one get to Mordor?  By walking, of course.

Lotr_b8628a_999823.jpg

Shhhhh..... we don't logic here.

HOW TO PLAY:

lotr-walking.gif

• It doesn't get much simpler than this: walk and track your distance.
  • For purposes of this challenge, you may count ONLY walking.  No running, jogging, biking, swimming, rowing, flying....... etc.
    • The one exception is if you have a lower body injury that means you cannot walk safely.  If this is your situation, please PM starsapart and get an alternative exercise.
  • If you have a pedometer and are tracking your steps over the course of your day, that's fine - just translate into miles or kilometers.  Otherwise, count treadmill distance, walking around your neighborhood after second-breakfast distance... anything is game.
  • There are no race bonuses for this mini challenge.
  • The teams that perform best on this task will earn additional prestige, helping them make their case for being the worthiest of all races... thus bringing their champion one step closer to delivering the Ring to Mount Doom.

This mini-challenge lasts until SUNDAY 11:59PM EST... so get to it.

>>PUT ON YOUR WALKING SHOES<<

Still need to sign up for a team? PM starsapart to be assigned.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Every Assassin who competes in this mini-challenge gets +1 STA for helping carry the Ring to Mordor!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

• Like 11

WOOOOOO! Good thing walking is one of my go-to activities at work when I need to clear my head. :D I think I'll log those walks with RunKeeper to give a good idea of distance and what not even though I do have a FitBit, but I'd rather track dedicated walking time than how much I walk throughout the day.

• Like 2

Woohoo! Although I was taking an extra walk yesterday at lunch (beautiful weather here right now!) and thinking: "Gosh, I wish there were a mini challenge right now that this would count towards!" Looks like it's time to take another one!

Hmm... this is one thing where I am lacking. If this part of the challenge happened while I was in France we'd be walking all over the place. Hopefully I'll get some dedicated walking time in this week :)

• Like 1

So I am joining a bit late and have been assigned to the humans.  As part of my work, they are putting on a walking challenge right now.  I have been averaging 18-20K steps a day so sorry to the non-humans but we just took the lead... If you want to friend me on FitBit let me know!

• Like 1