Dizz Dirtkicking That Injury!

Dizz

I'm returning from a break with the Rangers.  I pulled a hamstring 2 months ago and have been recovering over the last challenge.  Rehab is done, but it's still weak. I'm under orders to go slow.  My previous run was 3 miles @ 13:30 time.  I'm planning to go from walking 3 miles to running 3 by the end of the challenge.  I went for a 3 mile hike last night on a hilly trail.  The hamstring was tight by the end of it, but better than it has been.

GOALS!

STR: Body weight exercises 3 times a week. Focus on core, hip stability muscles.

DEX: Juggling! I'm working on a trick called Tennis and joggling 100m

INT: Started new job this week. Training commences.

WIS: Reorganize finances to suit increased income, work on plan to pay down debt.

CON: Increase endurance lost during recovery. Run 3 miles without stopping by the end.

This is the Tennis trick. jugglerstennis.gif 

Joggling is running while juggling.  I timed the World Joggling Championships this summer. I want to participate next year.

• Like 3

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

DIIZZZZ!!!!

Great you have you here again.

Sorry about the hammie, that really sucks. BUT, we are here to help. I am going to start the mini and focus on core strengthening as you and I are not alone in the current need of it.

Are you competing with the Tennis trick soon? Or is this a new talent you're cultivating?

Best of luck with your juggling journey. And of course post your vids!! Plz. lol

Smart to keep at a slow pace while getting back your hammie health.

Best of lick this challenge, see you around the Tavern or the Scout 'hood.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

The tennis trick is just to add to my skillset.  The competition is for joggling and the next championship race is next summer in El Paso.  Although, if I get good enough, I might joggle a 5K or 1K funrun. :)  I can do about 20 feet so far without dropping.

I'm doing desk work this week at my new job.  Trying to get workouts in after work to make up for the sitting.

• Like 1

Current challenge

What an awesome challenge!  Joggling looks particularly challenging and fun.  I am not able to track the balls.  Wow.  So much going on such as getting back into running and a new job.  Congratulations by the way.  Nice way to start a new challenge.  :)

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I went for a run walk last night with my running club. I did two miles walking with 3 sprints in between of about 100 meters. would have been four except that my leg was starting to get tight and I was starting to walk funny. my boyfriend was with me which meant a lot. He prides himself as a biker not a runner. it's good for him to get out there with me, he said his calves were getting tight.  the temperatures are finally starting to cool down to wear thing outside is tolerable at sunset. around 90 degrees. today my left leg is complaining so the plan is to stretch and do some body weight exercises

• Like 1

Current challenge

I have been training this week.  Census was low, so I got to go home early. It was nice and misty out and decided to go for a run.... I already worked 7 hours at that point.  I did great!  I put on Zombies Run and went for an easy 2 miles.  75% run/25%walk... switching when my muscles tensed or relaxed.  This is my longest run since my injury.  I'm back down to my C25K pace, but that is ok.  Just building up.

I've also been good about my body weight exercises. The last run with my running group had my legs complaining. The exercises definitely helped.  They include lunges, planks/side planks, mountain climbers, 1 leg squats.

Q2cey7M.gif

• Like 2

Current challenge

Working hard this week. lots of standing and walking. Taking today off, with BW exercises if I feel better.

Emotional week, my aunt went hospice last weekend and died Wed night.  I found out Thursday.  Also my best friend's dad passed away and he was a part of my childhood.

Ya, day off today.   Tonight, plan to see a Shakespeare in the Park with friends. That should help

Also a +WIS this morning. Paid off a credit card.  1 to go... with the new job, I should be CC debt free within a year!  On top of that, I arranged for a APR reduction of my car loan.

jIGTRit.jpg

Current challenge

Sorry to hear about two losses together.  That is rough.  Sounds like you have good friends.  What Shakespeare did you see?  That is fantastic you got a cc paid off!

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Not my favorite either.  I tried Zumba.  It was fun enough.  I could not get the moves right so I was laughing most of the time.  Not my thing but something fun to do for variety.

I made it through 45 min of the hour class. I kept up pretty well, but my hamstrings were starting to cramp. I walked out to find a foam roller. Didn't find one, so I stretched it out. I think Zumba is a good cross between body weight and cardio. Lots of lunges, pivots, squats and butt shaking to work the accessory muscles.

:-P

81d14bb7484563b6ae56b8ecf8224865.jpg

• Like 2

Current challenge

Woke up exhausted, but determined. The weather is nice, and I miss being outside.  The summer heat kept me cooped up. I finally got myself out the door at 10am for a run...  Gotta tell you, it's tough going.  My legs are relearning how to run.  I did a 1/4 mile fast walk warmup/cool down.  I took a few short walking breaks.  Even with that, I cut a minute off my pace from my last run by a whole minute!!!  I also went almost a half mile further! So proud of myself.   

Strava report:

miles

minutes
36:19

mins/mi
15:24

I felt like this after...

T3MTI.gif

• Like 2

Current challenge

Well done for improving on your last run!!  It sounds like you are being really sensible with that injury and attentive to how it feels - I'm sure you will be running that 5km in no time :)

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

I went on a run today. I finally AM back up to a 5k distance. Not as fast as I would like but but right now the distance is more important. Still run/walking, but going further. I got a GPS watch on clearance so far it seems pretty accurate.

I feel ready for my XC race next weekend. It's a chip timed race through a pumpkin patch and a corn maze.

669bd22d3d9c517e1f18642470243b40.jpg

Now have a case of the lazies.

• Like 3

Current challenge

The run went well. I met up with my running club and got a thriller themed picture taken. They changed the route to run through the pumpkin patch 5 times, not just around it. I finished in 48 minutes, 1 minute slower than last year, but this course was harder. It was a tough run and so glad I did it.

e59c8b1666c9ddcb7dc6e392e2028a3f.jpg

• Like 2

Current challenge

I had a hotel stay and used the gym.  15 min treadmill and 15 min bike.  My PF felt pretty good after the bike.

Did this routine yesterday.... I'm sore.

• 10REPS
    Contralateral Limb Raise...
    Alternating%20Limb%20Raises.png
  • 10REPS
    Lunges (Each leg)
    Lounges.png
  • 26SEC
    Mountain Climbers
    Mountain%20Climbers.png
  • 20REPS
    Pistol Squats (Each leg)
    Pistol%20Squat.png
  • 30SEC
    Plank
    Plank.png
  • 20REPS
    Squats
    Squats.png
  • 31SEC
    Side plank right side
    Side%20Plank%20right%20side.png
  • 31SEC
    Side plank left side
    Side%20Plank%20left%20side.png
  • 31SEC
    Wall Sit
    Wall%20Sit.png
  • 5REPS
    Push Ups

Current challenge