Elem stops the rot from setting in

When I started my first challenge, I didn't see the point of battle logs. In my mind i thought you already have your challenge thread, why not just keep that active until the next one starts, then transition over.

During my time here people have told me that they use their battle log to keep track of all of the things that would clutter up their challenge threads with too much detail. That made sense but didn't apply to me, i write long and rambling posts and probably give way too much information.

A medical condition (gallstones) forced me out of this current challenge cycle, now I'm glad this section is here.

During the week between challenges and the first few days of this challenge, I have either been in pain, in the hospital, or at home recouperating. So working out has pretty much been a no-no, but i had plenty of time to work on my other goals, but i did nothing.

This week I decided to just go for a 5mile walk each day instead of working out, to let my body ease back into it. I went out Monday, but couldn't be bothered yesterday and took a 4 hour bath instead. today i didn't feel like walking either. I decided that i need to go back to making myself accountable, even if no one ever reads this, i need it to be here to keep me on track.

With that decision made I decided to start Darebee's 90 days of Action

day01.jpg

Looking at the routine it looked simple and easy, i decided to go for the full 7 sets of level 3.

The routine is simple, but I definitely didn't find it easy. I'm happy that i underestimated the routine though, because that made me decide in advance to do 7 sets. Had I just started doing sets and seeing how I felt I probably would have stopped at 3, there is a small chance I would have pushed to 5, but don't thing i would have carried on to 7.

I did the routine as it is written, the only thing I wasn't sure on was whether it was 10 lunges, or 10 lunges per leg, so I did the 10 per leg to be on the safe side. i used the sites timer to give myself 30 seconds break between each set.

Unfortunately I didn't think to time how long the full workout took me, it would be nice to know how long I was at it.

During my last challenge cycle I did the Inhome parkour fitness program from the Tapp brothers. It was a good course and I plan on doing it again, it kicked my arse at times and made me really work. But today's workout pushed me harder than any of those training days and made me sweat more. So I think this Darebee program is going to prove to be worthwhile.

I usually end each post with a motivational/inspirational picture.

This one doesn't quite fit, but this week has been a bad one for all of my family (I ended up in hospital twice, My nan died, My brothers girlfriend almost lost an eye in a work accident-she's healing now and my dad's elderly dog died-It hit him and his wife harder than they thought it would) and I wanted something that would be a reminder that we can't always control what life throws at us, we just control how we deal with it and move forward.

life-is-what-happens-to-you-while-you-ar

• Like 6

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

I did the routine as it is written, the only thing I wasn't sure on was whether it was 10 lunges, or 10 lunges per leg, so I did the 10 per leg to be on the safe side.

That one gets pretty much everyone who uses their site.  I eventually found their manual which clarifies this - 10 reps would be 5 per leg.  So you were doing the advanced/hard-core version :)

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

• Like 1

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

Glad you're still going to be around even if you aren't doing the challenge. One of my quests this challenge is to try a new workout or exercise every week and I've been haunting the darebee site today looking at their individual workouts for ideas. I like the looks of their 30, 60 and 90 day programs and I'm sure I'll try one of those for another challenge. Keep us up to date on how you like the 90 days of Action!

I'm so sorry to hear about all that's happened in your family this week. Hopefully things will be better next week.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Here for all the goodness to follow. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Thanks for all of the support, sorry I ended up pulling a disappearing act.

My wife and I both had surgery within 4 weeks of each other (so we took care of each other in our recovery times). My nan passed away, My laptop died and wasn't fixable and i had a couple of smaller illnesses.

Essentially I had a lot going on and used it as an excuse to not stay on top of the good habits i was building. After my first exercise session my body gave me a warning not to do that again too soon, so exercise wasn't on the cards, but i did almost nothing to stay active (I only walked a couple of times) and didn't watch my diet at all, instead i ate like a pig.

The plus side of this is that i got to see that I am an emotional eater. It's silly, but I never really noticed the pattern before. I knew i probably was, but this time i could see it in how i reacted to everything.

• Like 2

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry for your loss and hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

Thank you. It was just one of those times where everything seemed to be happening at once. My nan's passing didn't come as a shock though, there was a few days warning, so everyome was ready. The rest of my family seemed to have other things going wrong at the same time too. Hopefully we all got the eventful things out of the way in one big block and can all carry on with out lives as normal from this point.

• Like 1

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Phew, that is quite a lot at once, for sure. Hope you and your wife are both recovery smoothly from your surgeries and sorry for the loss of your nan. :( 

Welcome back into the fold though.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1