Back on the Wagon

What a rough year 2011 was! I'm so glad it's over & 2012 is now upon us. Had a lot of changes take place last year, some good, most bad though. Last spring my wife was diagnosed with lupus. We still don't have a definitive diagnosis, or a treatment plan, but, we have since moved out of Alaska and now reside in the Virginia Beach area (interested in meetups here!). The Coast Guard Special Needs Program concluded that there was not adequate medical care available to my wife, so we were transferred early. Most of the bad things that happened revolved around this, and how my superiors acted after it was determined that we needed to be transferred. Let's just say vasoline was not used and I walked away from the ordeal feeling more than chaffed.

But, since moving, the kids have adjusted to their new schools, my wife is feeling much better. She's on some meds that are controlling her pain better. I nearly have her conviced to move the whole family to a paleo diet!!! I started taking xyban to help me quit smoking (again), and am now ready and excited to get back to working out! Unfortunately I didn't get promoted like I was supposed to (a result from transferring), and won't be able to test again till this coming November, but, it's better than nothing.

Here's to an exciting 2012!

Sorry to hear about your wife's lupus diagnosis, I know how crazy and stressful that can be. My mother has lupus, she was diagnosed when I was a toddler, so I've grown up around it. I have heard that a Paleo diet can definitely be helpful for some people with Lupus. When I'm cooking my Paleo foods for my mom, her health is so much better than when she's back to eating the SAD she eats with my dad. I'm of the opinion that anything you can do on your own with regards to lupus is helpful and worth the effort (like diet, exercise, sleep etc), because there's still so much about it that's unknown.

Hope 2012 is a good year for you and your family!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lies an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"Moving on and Moving up" Challenge