• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

idealistinfire

Idealistinfire continues amongst stress

Hi again! I'm  week late in the posting, but no worries, healthy and sanity have been a task all week. We're moving next weekend, still shorthanded at work and facing way too many policy/program/structure changes and, oh, yeah, I'm job searching too. BUT despite that, I want/need to bring health and sanity to my life, so here I am.

Overarching quest: to be able to climb walls, complete a poll dancing routine and run a few miles without hurting myself and being silly while I do it.

Current tasks:

1) Walk daily - the new place will actually be safe to walk in, so going to working up to an hour a day with my trusty sidekick.

2) Shoulder exercises - complete mobility routine 4x weekly to fix the shoulder issues

3) Workout 2x per week - strength routines, my favorite :)

• Like 1

I got a new job!!! The next couple weeks will be crazy busy as I try to reconcile the new places polite request of "please start now" and my promise at my current place to give at least 2 weeks' notice. Above goals still hold true  though I'm counting moving boxes that leave me sore as shoulder exercises.

So, the old house is cleared out and cleaned, and I start training for my new job in just 2 days. Tired from a weekend of long moving days and semi worried about trying to work 50+ hours at two jobs. BUT I am in such a good mood this evening, even though the house is only partially organized. I not only made breakfast, but also dinner :) And that after I got up hours earlier than I have in years to walk Bree before work. I'm so glad I didn't eat fast food for dinner, though I was tempted due to tiredness. My soup may not have much depth (any suggestions on fixing that? It's a bean/kale soup with cayenne pepper and a handful of other spices, plus onion ans garlic), but it still tasted better than any of the fast food items I was contemplating. Anyway, just wanted to post an update before ibcontinue unpacking :)

• Like 1

So, the old house is cleared out and cleaned, and I start training for my new job in just 2 days. Tired from a weekend of long moving days and semi worried about trying to work 50+ hours at two jobs. BUT I am in such a good mood this evening, even though the house is only partially organized. I not only made breakfast, but also dinner :) And that after I got up hours earlier than I have in years to walk Bree before work. I'm so glad I didn't eat fast food for dinner, though I was tempted due to tiredness. My soup may not have much depth (any suggestions on fixing that? It's a bean/kale soup with cayenne pepper and a handful of other spices, plus onion ans garlic), but it still tasted better than any of the fast food items I was contemplating. Anyway, just wanted to post an update before ibcontinue unpacking :)

Bone broth.  It is the best.  Glad you are enjoying life in the midst of the chaos!

• Like 1

Mmm, bone broth would be good... need to get to a store so I can do that.

As of Monday, I've walked Bree daily and made dinner 2 of 3 nights. Wish I had made it again tonight, but I know my dog is happy I chose walking her over making dinner. Today was my first day of training for the new job, so that makes 29 hours in three days, plus unpacking and adjusting to a new schedule. None too shabby. Wish I had energy for a workout though. Moving is all good, but not as satisfying as a session of kick ass-ery...still, maintenance mode is good for now.

Also, loved the blog post this week. It's helped motivate me a couple times this week already.

• Like 2

Wow, you're working a lot. Good luck with getting through this difficult period!

As for the soup, you can maybe look at either adding more garlic (french style) or nutmeg (asian style). Other spices, such as ground coriander and cumin might work as well, but are less reliable. I've never tried bone broth, but it sounds delicious :).

there is more than one type of garlic!? Guess I should have known that :D

Otherwise, walks still happening, but I'm running out of steam. House is mostly unpacked, did an hours' worth of gardening, way too much shopping (actually my bf's fault - that man and his need to buy all the things Now!), and detailed my car. So despite my low energy levels, I'm feeling a bit more settled.

Hope you're challenges are going well! I hope to get all caught up in a week or so :)

• Like 1

there is more than one type of garlic!? Guess I should have known that :D

Otherwise, walks still happening, but I'm running out of steam. House is mostly unpacked, did an hours' worth of gardening, way too much shopping (actually my bf's fault - that man and his need to buy all the things Now!), and detailed my car. So despite my low energy levels, I'm feeling a bit more settled.

Hope you're challenges are going well! I hope to get all caught up in a week or so :)

I was referring to the type of food, not the type of garlic :P. There are several kinds of garlic, but I have never tasted the difference (probably too many other flavours) ;).

I'm glad you're getting settled, moving is one of the worst things stress-wise, I think. Have some nice rest :).

• Like 1

Ah, see, I know so little about cooking :tongue:

Been eating out way, way too much. Problem with working way, way too much. At least it slows down next week and is better than normal in 2, and I'm actually craving water and fresh foods, so that's an improvement.

Missed a walk, but did get my shoulder exercises in. Landlord is trying to resolve the mold issue in the new house, so hopefully I can breath easy again soon too.

• Like 1

You're doing so awesome juggling all the things.  Keep it up! Here's hoping things slow down in all aspects soon!

• Like 1

Aw, thanks guys! :D

So, I survived three weeks of craziness, and as of today, am back on a regular schedule. I missed two walks last week, but found a legit wooded hiking trail about 2 mikes from my new house. I explored it a bit and found out it's a side entrance to a cute beach I've been to a few times. Pretty excited :D

Shoulder mobility exercises are alright - I am still adjusting to a true desk job, so it's an interesting effort. Learning all sorts of new things.

I am currently trying to decide what to do in the evenings. I'm so use to working then, I'm kind of at a loss. Actual cooking and workouts will need to be added, at the very least, and I'm contemplating carving or table-making. You know, nice, womanly behaviors :) 

• Like 1

So, I survived three weeks of craziness, and as of today, am back on a regular schedule. I missed two walks last week, but found a legit wooded hiking trail about 2 mikes from my new house. I explored it a bit and found out it's a side entrance to a cute beach I've been to a few times. Pretty excited :D

That sounds perfect.  Jealous.

Also, way to get a good routine going!  Wooooooooo, week 6!!!

• Like 1

Lots of walks this week, and good amount of shoulder mobility happening too. I still have stress, but everyone says I'm looking happier and lighter, and I've had crazy productive days and spontaneous dancing at home in a renewed normal... I even somehow lost 12ish pounds in the last month or two (went from heaviest weight of 218 to current 202-206)....so I guess that means I'm improving!?!! Must be, because I'm even ready to write out a real challenge. No theme yet, but maybe I don't  need one, need one :P

• Like 2

Congratulations :). 12 pounds is a nice start for weight loss, especially considering the amount of stress you were under. You've been working long and hard to reduce the stress and get the shoulder working again, you really earned that happier mood and weight loss :).

I'm sure your challenge will be great again, even without a theme!

• Like 1