IamDoll 1st challenge

IamDoll

Don't worry! I have just discovered your thread and read your goals... and I told myself... ok she's

80/20 primal just like me!

Labels are useful but not essential be because we all understood the core of your challenge and it is awesome so that's what it's really about in the end!

This helps me breathe a lot better. The nervous twitching that ensued was bordering on ridiculous. Thank you ♡

• Like 2

Doll | Gargoyle | Ranger | lvl 7th
STR 17, STA 8, CON 14, DEX 2, CHA 7, WIS 4
1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | Current | B L

Main Storyline: Drop 55lbs 06/55lbs

10.9%
4.4%

♤

Yeah today was a naughty as far as the whole30 goes but I regret nothing. Going on a date with my husband just seems to outweigh a heavily restricted idea. I am looking at it from an analytical perspective.

It has been interesting getting to know myself with food as well as realizing the pretty cool changes I have made as far as my thinking and food impulses go.

Today my husband took me out. I intentionally opted go have the gluten free bun and fries. I made that decision fully knowing I am doing a whole30. That is new for me. Better yet, I only picked at the fried. I ate a few to satisfy my interest in the flavour, but was perfectly content to let them go. It didn't even dawn on me until my husband brought it up with shock.

You see I grew up with you better not waste your food and stuff in as much as you can because there very well may not be any there tomorrow. And sure enough, that happened more than I care to recall.

It gave me an appreciation for food sure, but it also set me up for my damming relationship with it. Actual panic attacks from not cleaning my plate were very very common even as recent as a month ago...

So I see this as a strange victory. I was satisfied with the healthier portion of my meal. I made concious decisions about my meal, not impulsive ones. And I was able to acknowledge that I was full and did not need to finish the served amount of fries. That was really weird and nice.

I also am so glad that the whole30 is up in a week. I am not at all happy on it and much look forward to and prefer the 80/20. I hate knowing I am not being successful at something I have found so unnecessary for my healthy growth. Feeling as though I am messing up with food is what I worked so hard to quit back in my rampant ED days. This is too similar for comfort.

Anywho... my weight and measurements have stayed pretty much where they have been. This challenge will not boast drastic changes, but all in all I am really happy with how it has gone. My goal is to learn how to eat and walk a little each day and that has been exactly what I have been doing! I have never known how to eat before.

This is a new found trait that I am very glad to have in my pocket. Next challenge will feature a continuation of the food focus while bringing on a little more exercise to make things more challenging. Hopefully I will see more weight/fat loss with this round too! That would be nice...

Honestly seeing number/physical changes motivates me more than anything.

Okay, that's it!

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

About the whole 30 thing I think it's not about succeed at all cost. I found that we have to go through many experiments to find our own way, one that works because it make sense to us and because we are able to maintain it almost effortlessly as it is not experienced as a restraint but as a way of life. The smart nerds dump what is broken!

So if 80/20 is what's good for you and that's what you found... then to me you're successful!

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

About the whole 30 thing I think it's not about succeed at all cost. I found that we have to go through many experiments to find our own way, one that works because it make sense to us and because we are able to maintain it almost effortlessly as it is not experienced as a restraint but as a way of life. The smart nerds dump what is broken!

So if 80/20 is what's good for you and that's what you found... then to me you're successful!

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

You explained that very well. That is the more concise version of my thoughts exactly. Like, it isn't as if I haven't given it a go and really tried. But eating shouldn't be an intentional struggle, you know?

This experience has helped me realize that. I am seeing it through more to say that I did than anything else. 

Thank you for explaining that clearly, I appreciate the support immensely because I don't want to be just making up excuses. The reality check is very helpful.

c: ♡

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

Holy crust I need a swift kick in the pants.

Something to get me over this funk. I figure I should be transparent and share the struggle here...I am very naughty about actually making it known when I probably could use some help.

But I so desperately want some Stability...

I struggle terribly with finding any will to do ANYTHING when I am in a low. I forfeit food and moving. My husband is helping to make sure I keep with my daily walk, thank goodness because I can't do it on my own when in this.

I STILL haven't relearned complete hygiene since the last major crash. For the second challenge I opted to add that as my life quest instead of re-learning Russian because let's be honest, brushing my hair and teeth is more important.

Sure it is gross, logically I know that. But I forget myself. Literally. I forget that, that is a necessary thing healthy folks should do. 

I really struggle with such stupid things but I have to conserve my energy for basic functions much less my grandiose ideas of becoming fit. 

A little at a time... it has to be a snail's pace and bite sized progress...

How I have to handle the sadly minute but my version of realistic goals, is to make it stupid and easy as possible, so the fact I often can hardly sit upright isn't a factor. 

I have groceries but they require cooking and it would appear I am too defective currently to maintain that. I love cooking my meals but what I love versus what my brain/body will allow, have almost never lined up.

Anyway, this isn't a pity party, this is a public diary entry. I have to make it even more easy on myself and rely yet again on my husband during the lows if I want any chance at long term success.

Now to end this positively, at least I have learned a lot about myself this challenge. I have certainly improved in some of my behaviors which is cool. And though a lot of what I have learned about myself I do not like, at least it means I can address it and work on solutions. 

Okay, I'm done now. 

10.9%
4.4%

I can't seem to recall where I read it, but some things are downright a daily struggle. I remember the (male) author saying that it's just like shaving, you gotta do it every morning if you want a clear face, there's just no way to deal with it once and for all. Same goes with eating right, losing weight, working out or even taking care of yourself. Steve also wrote a blog post recently about 80s action heroes and said you shouldn't fall into the trap of comparing your behind the scenes footage with someone else's highlight reel.

What I'm trying to say here is, it's easy to focus on the final goal and forget the path that leads there. It's easy to want results and give up after a while when nothing seems to be changing despite our best efforts. Do not despair, do not lose sight. If nothing else, you said it yourself, you've learned a lot this challenge.

Now go and be what you are: awesome

• Like 3

Wonderfully put . What matter is more often the journey to our goals more than the goals themselves.

In fact your goals are sure to change, to evolve but the things you've learned, the people you meet and the trials you 've overcome these are things that are gained once and for all for you to build upon

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

I just get so frustrated with always having some kind of a battle. It is like I'm in a perpetual state of being "humbled".

I have bipolar and ptsd. Those are my great big wrenches tossed in the over all machine. I mean luckily this challenge I have done quite well. Only truly not meeting my goals about 3 days. But those 3 days happened because of my current go in depression.

The emotional cycles really kick my ass and get in the way of consistency. I guess I just wanted to be public with the current struggle because shutting myself up hasn't once helped in the grand scheme of things.

I accept myself and the cards I've been delt, now somehow I need to conjure a plan that works with each emotional cycle. How else can I be successful? It is hard to find a buddy system when I am sooooooo sooooooo so behind everyone. Like my ultimate dream is to be able to have healthy food habits and basic overall physical health/strength. But like I said, I can hardly hold myself upright. 

It is sobering to realize that my leveling up is all tutorial. Can't even look at the actual storyline yet. :/ Trying not to be a downer, just really really having a rough go of it mentally currently.

Blah.

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

You don't have to be so hard on you. You incorporated some daily habits into your life and you stick to them. Like you said, you had only three not so good days. We all have these days. We all have a demon to struggle with from time to time. The challenges are also about dealing with our demons. To find a way to accept them and take care of them. I can't give you an advice with the bipolar thing, but I just wanted to point out, that you are a Rebell, too. You are not in tutorial mode. Or if you are in tutorial mode, than every other recruit is it, too. Only because your goals seem less shiny to you, they aren't less big. Like all of us you struggled sometimes. Like all of us you had to get things done. Like all of us YOU had to make the changes. You leveled up to level one and you will get another level up. You can be proud of yourself for leveling up your life. You made the first steps. And don't forget that even small steps will bring you closer to your goal.

I hope you are feeling better soon. My sister is dealing with depression and my exboyfriend did so, too. When he had a breakdown I had to convince him to take a shower. I saw that he was struggling a lot with his inner demons. I wish you well.

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

You don't have to be so hard on you. You incorporated some daily habits into your life and you stick to them. Like you said, you had only three not so good days. We all have these days. We all have a demon to struggle with from time to time. The challenges are also about dealing with our demons. To find a way to accept them and take care of them. I can't give you an advice with the bipolar thing, but I just wanted to point out, that you are a Rebell, too. You are not in tutorial mode. Or if you are in tutorial mode, than every other recruit is it, too. Only because your goals seem less shiny to you, they are less big. Like all of us you struggled sometimes. Like all of us you had to get things done. Like all of us YOU had to make the changes. You leveled up to level one and you will get another level up. You can be proud of yourself for leveling up your life. You made the first steps. And don't forget that even small steps will bring you closer to your goal.

I hope you are feeling better soon. My sister is dealing with depression and my exboyfriend did so, too. When he had a breakdown I had to convince him to take a shower. I saw that he was struggling a lot with his inner demons. I wish you well.

Thank you for validating my experience. I discredit it out of frustration but you affirming that indeed I have leveled and will continue to do so really means a lot to me. Believe it or not, I am crying a little.

I get too in my head and forget myself. I relate too well to your exboyfriend's not being able to shower. I mean I have to relearn basic hygiene and rely on my husband so much. Makes me feel guilty. He doesn't even think twice about it, I just really would like to be less dependant if I can help it.

I am disabled from the previously stated "wrenches" but I hate admitting it. I pretend as best I can til reality makes it clear.

I am going to keep working. I have never lost sight of my goals and I need to accept that sometimes the level difficulty needs to be reduced. Today I set up a plan to help aid me when I am in these lows so I can stick to my goals.

Thank you for saying something. It helped bring me back a bit. 

☆Not to suggest I don't very much value everyone else who did as well, I am thankful for all of you and just want that to be clear ♡☆

10.9%
4.4%
I am going to keep working. I have never lost sight of my goals and I need to accept that sometimes the level difficulty needs to be reduced. Today I set up a plan to help aid me when I am in these lows so I can stick to my goals.

Hey, that sounds good. We all need a plan B sometimes, when life gets in the way. Some principles that can help us to get through these times.

And I found an typing error in my statement:

Only because your goals seem less shiny to you, they are less big.

Of course I meant: "Only because your goals seem less shiny to you, they aren't less big."

But I guess you got the meaning. We are all on this way together. We all have to start somewhere. =)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

There's plenty of Rebels around battling depression and there used to be a group or thread about that, something about a Black Dog, not sure if it's still active. Don't be afraid to reach out and find them, I see you already met Thom Ulfhedinn over the intro threads. Sharing experiences and support can work wonders

• Like 1

It is hard to find a buddy system when I am sooooooo sooooooo so behind everyone.

I am incredibly late to the party here, but I just have to say, you are absolutely not behind everyone. And I have to point out that, even when you're in a low yourself, you still jumped in to help me out when I was hitting a low and needed your brainy knowledge. I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are plugging along better than a lot of people do. Not that we should compare ourselves to others, but you're masking your successes from yourself. You are full of caring and I feel confident saying that even though I haven't known you for long.

Building habits that fit into our routine is sometimes all you can do. And if those habits go dormant for a few days, the measure of success will be if they return when the dark times lessen their grip. I've been fortunate with my struggles that I've still been able to (so far) function through them - go to work because I have to etc. But when the dark days strike, my routine always takes a hit. Exercising falls to the wayside because I can't do anything but sleep when I get home. On the way to bed, I eat whatever's around (keeping mostly healthy food in my kitchen helped with this, even if I'm just eating some veggies that don't constitute a real meal, it's better than scarfing pizza). In the past, getting back into exercise has been my downfall because I just don't, so I'm hoping with little goals around that, it'll be easier to maintain. Which is why keeping up on your daily walks if nothing else absolutely amazes me. That's great! It's not your fault, and it's out of your control when these times happen. Maintaining anything, no matter how small it feels, is huge!

You ARE successful. You are worthy of being a partner to anyone wishing to go a healthier route too, don't doubt that.

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hey, that sounds good. We all need a plan B sometimes, when life gets in the way. Some principles that can help us to get through these times.

And I found an typing error in my statement:

Of course I meant: "Only because your goals seem less shiny to you, they aren't less big."

But I guess you got the meaning. We are all on this way together. We all have to start somewhere. =)

Yes I understood what you meant. c: I am very very thankful for how so many of you chimed in to encourage me. I have never experienced something like this and really didn't realize the importance of a suport group til now. Just thank you. This is so new and surprising but really just...heart warming. Cheesy as it may sound, I really mean it. 

There's plenty of Rebels around battling depression and there used to be a group or thread about that, something about a Black Dog, not sure if it's still active. Don't be afraid to reach out and find them, I see you already met Thom Ulfhedinn over the intro threads. Sharing experiences and support can work wonders

Oh that sounds really nice! The amount of response I got here is just amazing to me. I am feeling better simply from that because it makes me feel less alone. You are so right in that sharing with others helps. Feels weird to only realize that just now. 

It has been neat to talk to Thom Ulfhedinn as well. I'm not use to folks being as blunt about their struggles as I am. It is nice because it's like that's just the facts, you know? Instead of some weird secret.

If you need an accountabiliy buddy I could help out. We started this at the same time and are both going Ranger.

And remember Small changes add up over time.

So this may be about the noobiest question, but how does the whole accountabilibuddy thing work?

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

I am incredibly late to the party here, but I just have to say, you are absolutely not behind everyone. And I have to point out that, even when you're in a low yourself, you still jumped in to help me out when I was hitting a low and needed your brainy knowledge. I know it doesn't feel like it, but you are plugging along better than a lot of people do. Not that we should compare ourselves to others, but you're masking your successes from yourself. You are full of caring and I feel confident saying that even though I haven't known you for long.

Building habits that fit into our routine is sometimes all you can do. And if those habits go dormant for a few days, the measure of success will be if they return when the dark times lessen their grip. I've been fortunate with my struggles that I've still been able to (so far) function through them - go to work because I have to etc. But when the dark days strike, my routine always takes a hit. Exercising falls to the wayside because I can't do anything but sleep when I get home. On the way to bed, I eat whatever's around (keeping mostly healthy food in my kitchen helped with this, even if I'm just eating some veggies that don't constitute a real meal, it's better than scarfing pizza). In the past, getting back into exercise has been my downfall because I just don't, so I'm hoping with little goals around that, it'll be easier to maintain. Which is why keeping up on your daily walks if nothing else absolutely amazes me. That's great! It's not your fault, and it's out of your control when these times happen. Maintaining anything, no matter how small it feels, is huge!

You ARE successful. You are worthy of being a partner to anyone wishing to go a healthier route too, don't doubt that.

Oh gosh don't do this to me. You're getting me all misty and sentimental. I too have felt us weirdly psychically bonding. We're both so excellent at writing novels!

I'm using humour as a shield. But in seriousness, thank you for saying that. I didn't go directly to you incase you needed space for your own battles, no sense in adding more to the plate. However, you stopping by really means a lot and I am very grateful.

I am saying this here and now for accountability: I am stocking easy no Brainer primal foods. I am continuing to not have unhealthy foods in my house. I am going to take the healthy easy foods with me when I visit family in case of the unfortunately common problem of them having nothing healthy available.

During the inbetween challenges time (when does the next one start btw?) I will continue my daily walks.

I am hoping for better marks next round. Okay, I have made my proclamations. Any other suggestions? 

10.9%
4.4%

Assessment time! 

Starting stats!

Doll, female, age 23
220lbs sept 20, 2015
5'3"
Waist:35"
Hips:45"
Arms:14"
Thighs:27"
Calves:17.5"

Female, still 23, still Doll

October 24th, 2015 218.4lbs

Height: 5'3"

Waist: 33.5"

Hips: 43"

Thighs: 27"

Calves: 17"

Arms: 13"

Total overall 5 inches lost!

Remember I came in 6 days later than everyone...

Quest: primal/paleo (I interchange words) whole 30

*I learned that I hated this because it made me feel guilty and fear around foods which was way too reminiscent of my eating disorder days. I missed like 5 days of this but I feel 0 Frick because it was something that emotionally I was not ready for.

I got 83.33% 25/30 days, a B and +2CON

Quest: Eat primal 80/20

*now THIS is what I like. Way better. I struggled at my mom's when there was literally nothing to eat that wasn't okay, and again in depression rendering me too feeble to cook anything. I have come up with a strategy however. Overall I am pleased but really am going to shoot for 100 next time.

Missed 2 days out of 36, I would categorize it as half excessive dairy half lying about "special occasion" (need to make that clearer next time) 94.45%, +2CON

Quest: Walk at least 10min a day

*I kept this up for the most part and way better than I expected. I missed 2 days due to gut wrenching cramps and depression, but still, I wasn't expecting to be anywhere near as successful as I was!

34/36 days 94.45%, +3STA, +1STR

Can't wait for the next challenge! This was way better marks than I was expecting. Yay! I'll be a Ranger for challenge 2 and will make sure to link myself here. Thank you for sticking with me and supporting me through the not so pleasant stuff. I get it now. I understand the magic of this place. I use to scoff at making it seem soo important but then you lot made me learn real quick. Thank you for that.

And super duper luck and blessing to all of you as well! I am so proud of you! See you next challenge. ♡

• Like 5

10.9%
4.4%

Wow!! That's some serious progress girlie!! I'm so excited for you, that's got to feel damned good right about now. And a much needed boost/realization :D

Your proclamations for the next round sound awesome!

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

More than you realize. :)  This place gave me a new life.

Oh wow, that is quite the proclamation! I'm hoping to be able to say the same some day. :) you must of had quite the journey.

Yay! You were pretty damn successful, all told. Congratz! I'll try to follow along where ever you end up after this ^.^

Awww shucks ;u; I am venturing over to the rangers. I'll be sure to link you as well. Link me to yours as well of course. ♡♡♡

• Like 1

10.9%
4.4%

Oh wow, that is quite the proclamation! I'm hoping to be able to say the same some day. :) you must of had quite the journey.

If you'd like to know, just send me a PM and I'll tell you all about it. Grab some popcorn, or whatever paleo alternative you would have for snacking.  Great job. Have fun next challenge. :)