I thought this might be of interest to some running Rebels and some Rebels who are thinking about starting running:

Hogwarts Running Club

I'm not a big runner (getting honked at is not fun) but I do enjoy a good event, a cool medal and raising money for good causes! 

The sign up fees go to charity and they run it through an honour system.

You pay to sign up for an event and can complete the distance whenever you like before the expiry date, even splitting it across multiple stints or covering it in someone else's event. You even get a personalised Hogwarts bib which is kinda neat. Plus if you complete all of the year's events you get a Perfect Prefect badge and go into the Hall of Fame. 

Like I say, I'm not much of a runner but I might start doing this and get some miles under my belt :)

• Like 2

Ceto Lvl 3

Race: Half Elf / Half Dwarf | Class: Ranger

STR 4 || DEX 6 || STA 3.5 || CON 4.75 || WIS 6 || CHA 3

Run 5km - PB 32 mins 30 secs

Run 10km - PB 63mins 13 secs

Deadlift - PB 3x10 @55kg

Benchpress - PB 3x10 @54kg

Narrow Grip Pull Downs - PB 3x10 @45kg

Bent-over-row - PB 3x10 @45kgs

40min Cycle (on machine) - PB 22.41km on hardest resistance

Roller Derby - PB 30 in 5

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/66592/

i'm running a 5k at my local ymca this weekend, i may order a medal. . . its also a costume run so . .  i could be a Hogwarts character.

• Like 2

YellowRose

Half Elf- Level 2

(STR- 0) (STA- 2.25) (DEX- 2.25) (CON- 1.2) (WIS- 4) (CHA- 1)

Ranger (past druid)

Challanges: 1, 2, 3,

Current

Parva scintilla saepe magnam flamam excitat

- The small sparkle often initiates a large flame

amazing wish there were real runs too.

I know what you mean, there would be nothing cooler than a bunch of wizards running around in robes!

Really awesome idea! I have never done a virtual race before, but given the fantastic theme and the creative swag I might just have to give this one a try.

Ravenclaw pride.

Ravenclaws FTW!!!

• Like 1

Ceto Lvl 3

Deadlift - PB 3x10 @55kg

Me and my partner did the Partonus 5k a while ago. We'd been using the excercise bike rather than run outside and this event got us setting aside an evening and doing a run for the first time in months. Felt so good to run outside! Plus our medals turned up this week! They are huge! And so beautiful :) I'll post a pic later on and show you all.

• Like 1

Ceto Lvl 3

Deadlift - PB 3x10 @55kg

This thread got me into running. During the Time Turner event last October I ordered every medal from 2016 with the goal of earning each one by my birthday in June.

I've earned the Platform 9 3/4k medal and the Ravenclaw 10k medal so far. I'm going to head out now for a run and I have my eye on one of the lower mileage medals; I have the Hufflepuff 5k, Slytherin 6k, Fantastic Beasts 5k, or Molly Weasley Ugly Sweater 5k to choose from. :) As side bonuses, I have fallen in love with running, lost 15 pounds, and have finally found the process I needed to lose all the weight I gained as a result from depression. I've been logging my food, running at least three times a week, and for the first time in years my body is getting toned and feeling strong.

Thank you so, so much @Millie Hurtz. Finding this thread changed my life and gave me the spark I needed to finally be successful. <3