Jumping back into fitness

Hi Guys.

I'm excited to be joining this forum as I've read the blog for over a year and a half now - I've heard many great things about this community so I figured I might as well get stuck in!

I'm a nerd in the sense of I like video games and music production - those are my two main nerd attributes if you will :)

I'm from South-East England, and I'm in my 3rd year of study at University.

I've been involved in fitness for about 2-3 years now (I just turned 20) in order to combat years and years of being completely sedentary behind a computer, something which has resulted in an extremely tight body, writhe with muscle imbalances and pain. 3 years on and I am much more educated about how to get fit and healthy, and why doing so should be such a priority (thanks to NF primarily).

My overall aim is to get as strong as possible, flexible as possible, and put on weight. I am a "hard gainer" - at around 5"10 I am around 63 kg (about 140 pounds for the Americans).

I hope to stick around and get involved in the community while I pursue my own goals :) Nice to meet you all!

Hi and welcome to the forums! Another university 3rd year video game nerd checking in here. :) If you want to put on weight, be sure you are eating enough - find some calorie dense high protein snacks if you find it hard to eat enough, I think peanut and nut spreads are quite a popular option. Also, I find joining in the 6 week challenges help to keep me accountable and have a measurable way to track my goals, you could still join in with this one if you wanted as it's only a week in. It definitely appeals to the RPG player within me! What sort of video games do you enjoy? At the moment I've just finished Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the first time, waiting to get 3 until I have some more money, but they were amazing games.

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

Hi and welcome to the forums! Another university 3rd year video game nerd checking in here. :) If you want to put on weight, be sure you are eating enough - find some calorie dense high protein snacks if you find it hard to eat enough, I think peanut and nut spreads are quite a popular option. Also, I find joining in the 6 week challenges help to keep me accountable and have a measurable way to track my goals, you could still join in with this one if you wanted as it's only a week in. It definitely appeals to the RPG player within me! What sort of video games do you enjoy? At the moment I've just finished Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the first time, waiting to get 3 until I have some more money, but they were amazing games.

Hey there :) So truth be told I haven't played anywhere near as much video games over my uni course as I used to when I was still at school, but I've recently been starting to get back into it with my new flat mates. Recently I've gotten back into counter strike source and Team Fortress 2, especially playing gun game or zombie mod with my friends - I'm also a big fan of GTA V and the call of duties as of late, and my flatmate enjoyed scaring ourselves on Alien: Isolation until the novelty wore off. I'll look into the challenges and potentially join!