Waving from the east coast

Hello there! 

Recently found this forum after a final decision to get back in shape. Couldn't be happier about it. 

So, a little about myself, eh? Ok then. Typical yo-yo dieter since I was 10. Yes, 10. Throw in an eating disorder in my teens that lasted till my mid twenties and it was a reciepe for disaster and failure. I was, Skinny fat. I wore a 0-2 depending, but I was all flab. But in my mind (at the time) the size of the pants were what mattered. But I was never happy.

Fast forward. I met my wonderful husband to be (still skinny fat at this time) and he was just over 300lbs. He was sweet, and made me laugh, and just as quirky and nerdy as me. I started to relax and the weight came on slowly. I almost had a heart attack when I stepped on the scale (granted, still skinny) and made a vow to lose the weight! And he decided he was going to do it with me. Hooray! Problem, I didn't know a healthy way to go about it. 

So we made a little home gym on our back porch, him with weights, and me refusing to go anywhere near them. He lost a, dun dun dun, 115lbs! Me, not so much. I was defeated, unmotivated to continue. I was happy for him, but disappointed in myself. He told me to try the weights, and I still refused. I was done. 

Then some life stuff happened, school, purchasing a home, kids, and four years later here I am. 80lbs heavier then I have ever been in my life, unhealthy, out of shape, and I am done with it! I looked in the mirror and decided I was over all of it and started scowering the interwebs for all the things! All the blogs and sites I found didn't really resonate with me. I didn't feel like I, belonged there. Then, I found here! And I became a woman obsessed. I read all the blog posts, all the things! And I signed up immediately. Finally, somewhere that can break it down that I feel I can relate to! Weight training, here I come!

So, uh, yeah, HI!

• Like 1

Character: Here

OLD, but relevant - Original Battle Log

Current Challenge: Here