Winwaloeus starts a Journey to kick Ass – Begins with his own

Winwaloeus

Hello there

[Here is the repost in the correct thread of my first and current 6wc originally and mistakenly posted Here. ]

since i'm a recruit i'll go easy on me, not planning to destroy the Death Star right now...

well ll just aim for creating a mild discomfort in the Empire, like i don't know, stealing all the toilet paper in Darth Vader's bathroom.

So I lost 13 kgs during the last two months. I was 108, i weighed myself at 95,3 yesterday morning

MAIN QUEST : Since I don't have a final and definite weight goal for now, i'll aim at 88 kilos in 6 weeks since it would mean i'll be out of the BMI moderate obesity zone and i would have lost a symbolic and round number of 20 kgs in 3 months and a half

My goals revolve around the primal blueprint exercise philosophy. I'm not adding particular diet goal except for the recipes, because i seems to have found a sweet spot that works for me for a few weeks and as long as it does the job, i don't want to mess with it or put more pressure on it...

GOAL 1 :

Moderate Exercise by Walking/Cycling (WC) an hour 3 times a week

A is 18 WC sessions (3*6 wks) : + 3 STA ; +1 DEX

B is 10-18 WC sessions : +2 STA

C is less than 10 : +1 STA

GOAL 2

Lift heavy Things (LHT) using the angry bird workout 2 times a week

A is 12 sessions (2*6) : +3 STR ; +1 CON

B is 6 to 12 sessions : +2 STR

C is less than 6 sessions : +1 STR

GOAL 3

Try at least a new primal/paleo recipe every week

A is for 6 recipes tried : + 3 WIS + 1 CHA

B is for 3 to 5 recipes : +2 WIS

C is for less than 3 : + 1 WIS

Life Goal :

i've got to write a chapter for an history book, due for Christmas. It's not a long paper but i'm kinda rusty, having mostly hibernated last year. So my sidequest is to produce my first draft within these 6 weeks (leaving time for the reread by my coauthors and editors), knowing that i've already done most of the research, leaving the writing part untouched for now. I'm planning to use a focus method i've read about, consisting in regular short writing sessions, 45mn to an hour (with internet shut ;) ). I figure if i focus on building the habit of 2 sessions a Week for 6 weeks (12 sessions) i'll be able to make it

So A is for : draft produced in 6 week and having started my next project : + 1 WIS + 1 CHA

B : Draft unfinished but 6-12 sessions achieved : +1 WIS ; + 1 CHA

C : Draft not produced with less than 6 sessions + 1 WIS

Motivation : had a big awakening this summer : i was officially severely obese, could not find clothes to wear that looked good on me, i was dreading the beach trial to go play and bathe with my daughter. Realized i was aiming for cardio vascular diseases, unhappy and unconfortable life , no love, and premature death in the end without the joy to see my girl grow and become the person she 'll choose to be. So my motivation is… just the opposite of all that !! (like in the seinfeld episode : if what i do always fails… the opposite has to be right!)

I want to be fit to live long and happy and enjoy my daughter and giving her reasons to be proud of me (or not too ashamed during her teens years!) and i want to feel like a fitness badass for once in my life, someone who is in control of lis life and body but does not make a fuss about it…

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Ok so end of week 2 update

Thursday : 1h walk - done

Friday : wanted to do my workout but the morning was beautiful so I went for a run by the river instead. I felt good so I ran smoothly for 36 mn and completed my first 5k EVER!! Finished by a Nice 3kms walk for a total time of 1h.

So goal 1 : done

For dinner I cooked an avocado egg tomato salad I got from marks daily apple recipe book. Very simple and very good. Easy to do again

So goal 3 : check

Saturday Was rest and my daughters birthday : cooked lunch for my whole family and made them taste

The nice curry mashed sweet potatoes I learned from last week challenge. Big success! I was happy because I cooked healthy and I did not binge! Hurrah!

Plus I had many nice things said about my weight loss

Sunday : took my kid to fast food and managed to keep it nice for me I had a burger no fries no soda.

Did my bw workout in the end of the afternoon so I got back the lost session from last week

Goal 2: check

I missed on my life quest 2nd session because I had to do some ironing instead but i'm confident I'll make up for it next week

Ok so come on week 3 i'm waiting for you!

• Like 1

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Oh and I forgot the scale part.

93.9 kg so it's 0.7 down and down to 106cm waist (-2cm)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

That's some great progress! You're showing this challenge who's boss :)

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hey, that are great goals. And they'll make a difference. Like stealing all the toilett paper of the republic. ;)

You already have achieved a lot. Now you only need to keep going. Good luck and best wishes for your challenge.

May the force be with you.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Thanks Kylira and Luciana

THe thing i'm struggling with the most is sticking to a bodyweight routine. When i have my daughter the only time i can do it fully is before she wakes up, so it means waking up extra early and getting right into it... but i'm gonna do it !

Yesterday and today went fine

i managed to cut my walks in 4 chunks into my usual work day, with a post lunch 30 mn session, so i'm sure i'll always get to one hour total. I feel more at ease doing it every day because i feel active all week long. Even took a coworker on today's lunch walk with me... i'll spread the rebellion, i tell you !!! amazing thing is that he was the one who made me that witty remark a month ago : "we'll see how long you'll last"... well... we are seing my friend... we are seeing :playful: :playful: :playful: :playful:

Woke up at 6:15 am this morning for bodyweight. I thing i'm getting somewhere with my pushups... somewhere... but where ???!!!

tomorrow is off day at home, rest and writing, child caring on the afternoon. i'd love to go cycle if my morning appointment is not late

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

At least you will get used to get up earlier. But don't forget to get to bed earlier at night, too. So you still get enough sleep.

Are you doing regular push-ups? When I started I could only do them on my knees.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Hi !

Well i must Confess that this sleep thing is what i'm struggling with too. I have many problems with going to bed early. I've set a goal of 23.30 pm Max because I like to read and watch a movie take time to look out the forums here reply to a few posts... And I it's already late!

As a result i'm totally exhausted today (got to bed at 1am because of a parents meeting at school) and woke up 5 hours later with a headache. Took a long walk to make it disappear but sleep is definitely a problem for me

If you have any advice on the matter I'll gladly take it!

As for push ups yes it's the regular form I think i have a more accurate arm Position but I was lacking focus and goal... So I have integrated the 100 push up challenge in my sets... Starting from day 1 of course!

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Yeah I know! But I woke up and have not been able to go back to sleep and I ended up on my feet because the longer I stayed in bed the shittier I felt. That 2 hour morning walk saved me but I have to do something about it !

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Okay so finally i take some time to update this challenge log.... where was i.... hummm... yeah, right. There.

I was really frustrated and uneasy with doing my moderate exercise on a 3 times a week basis. So i geared up to doing it everyday if i can manage. I park 10 minutes on foot from work, so it's a twenty minute walk, in and out. I take a 30 mn post lunch stroll. and once in the morning, once in the afternoon, i'm doing a 10 mn chunk. This adds up to the normal walk i would do if i wasn't into this challenge. So everyday except wednesday when i was stuck at home waiting for an appointment that came VERY late, my pedometer went over the 13000 steps mark, more than 10 kms

Today, i went on a nearly 2 hour early morning hike, and now  (7.35 pm, Paris time as they say) i'm looking at my pedometer, and its showing me this insane number (for me of course) of 17000+ steps and 14 kms. ok, so this method seems to work, i'm gonna stick to it for a while.

Goal 1 : NAILED !!!

So, i was struggling with my bodyweight: doing it, but with trouble focusing, the impression of not knowing where i was going, though i could see my body beginning to show some results, which kept my basic motivation afloat...

so i was wandering the forums and stumbled upon someone mentioning the 100 push up challenge. so i googled it, found a french version of it, with this nice, clear and logical progression. It even had a similar progression under the form of a 300 squat challenge.

so i tweaked my workout in 5 sets, including these progressions, and keeping doing planks (30*5 for now) and lunges (similar progression to the squats) and table dips (similar progressions to pushups)

and it really helped. It was more progressive than what i was doing with the angry bird work out, and there was an horizon, an end. I know if i manage at the end to do 100 p-u and 300 squats, i'll know i,ll have achieved something, i would have supported i think nicely my nutrition plan... and  maybe i'll be craving for more, who knows.

so wednesday morning, i woke up and found this routine : 6am : wake-up : 10 mn in bed to hear the news on the radio + 5 mn to collect my thoughts and reminding me of the true profound reasons i'm doing this for. After that, i was able to get up effortlessly and do this new routine while feeling somewhat pumped up.

SO... goal 2 is nailed !

Goal 3 : i went shopping today and i'm trying omelet muffins tomorrow. Anyway, i've just tried coconut oil for meat cooking today and it was nice, so that's good paleo news !

life goal : did 2 writing sessions, more than an hour because once i was started, it seemed to flow nicely so i followed the current. I'll make another session tomorrow so i can make up for the one i missed last week

Finally, weight in this morning : 93.1kg (-0.8) and 103 cm waist (-3). That makes it for me. I'm not hungry (or normally when meals are approaching), it's just the effort to vary food a bit, but i guess it's ok for it to be a little boring, because it means safe too !

Just a thought though : i still have the habit to snack a little during the evening. Nothing much, though, a few nuts (man i love cashews and brasilian nuts !) and 10g of dark chocolate (the 90% stuff... yummy !) it has nothing to do with when i was binge snacking 4 month ago, but still... the habit is still there, if i want to be honest, because i can't tell i'm really hungry, it's still more of a craving. . So for the moment i'm letting it continue, because my progression suits me and i don't want to break everything, but i'm keeping that in a corner of my mind.

But the real problem, as i was saying, is sleep, as i was pointing in previous posts... so i thing i have a good lead about what i'll choose as a goal for the next 6w challenge !!

ok sorry for the long post, but, hey... no one's pointing a gun to your head, folks !!! :nonchalance::rolleyes-new:

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

All right yesterday was super active.

Bodyweight circuit before breakfast. I managed to do it without pausing between each exercise, only 50 Seconds between each set and I did five of those. For the first time I ended up with a light nausea at the end. That's not my goal so I might tweak the intensity a bit :

Squats 16/16/16/18/25

Push-ups 5/6/4/4/7

Lunges 16/16/16/18/16

Plank 30/30/30/30/35

Table dip 5/6/4/4/7

Walked more than an hour today by going to work and all my appointments on foot. Litteraly crossed the whole town! Total 12kms

Badminton in the evening. Was super happy because dynamic warm-ups is no longer for me as exhausting as the actual playing! Followed the instructor without trouble and that's a huge victory for me

Had tons of fun playing

Rewarded me with an episode of the wire 4th season before bed !

• Like 2

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Look what i have found... The holy grail !

2d6cfec2e31c7c30756bd0a5b0007a35.jpg

À chocolate so dark it scares me ! I didnt even know 100 percent chocolate existed !!

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Look what i have found... The holy grail !

2d6cfec2e31c7c30756bd0a5b0007a35.jpg

À chocolate so dark it scares me ! I didnt even know 100 percent chocolate existed !!

Is it any good? I've tried some 85% ,but not 100%. 

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Its pure chocolate absolutely no sugar. Absolutely hardcore. I'll stay at my 90. But I will tell my grandchildren I did it!

• Like 2

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

I'm back for a quick update

Tuesday: lots of meetings at work but i managed to do my 1 h Walk. Yay!

Yesterday : my birthday! I'm 37. No comment!

Bodyweight done:

Squats 16/14/14/18/25

Push-ups 6/7/5/5/5

Lunges 16/14/14/18/16

Plank 30/30/30/30/35

Table dip 6/7/6/6/7

And badminton session was cool

Writing session : 2 45 min sessions. Made good progress

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Today : 2h walk and 1h writing session so goal 1 and life goal are alright

Gotta go to bed early : tomorrow is... bodyweight!

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

I was late with the mini-challenges

here's my take on "the library", week 3 mini challenge

1. As i said a few days ago, i had trouble with my bodyweight training (goal 2) : i knew why i was doing it, but i had trouble getting focus (especially with push-ups and motivating myself as i was managing to do it with my moderate exercise goal. So the risk was great that i woudl give up on this goal

2. so i took time to review the blog's article about basic strength training and workouts : this, of course, but also this :

i also browsed theBodyweight Strength Training forum here in the rebellion community and i found a post mentionning the 100 push up challenge, which led me to the 300 squat challenge too.

3. So reminding me that i saw on the blog that the best workout for someone is the one you actually do, i tweaked my workout to integrate those challenges progressions, because i felt that 100 push ups and 300 squats are something meaningful and awesome to be able to master, a good sign that i would have achieved a level of fitness i could be proud of.

so now you can check my progressions detailed on this thread !

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Today's update :

woke up exhausted, so i skipped bodyweight because it was a bonus session. But i did my walk, with the usual strategy, so goal 1, 2 and 4 are ok for the week... upated my walks on the pvp walking challenge... i covered 179 kms since september 14... not bad considering i was on the verge of fusing with my couch 3 months ago !!!

i gotta take time to level up, by the way, with these stats at the end of 1st week

GOAL 1 :

Moderate Exercise by Walking/Cycling (WC) an hour 3 times a week : +2 STA + 1 DEX if 100%

3*3 sessions done , so  + 2 STA ; +1 DEX

GOAL 2

Lift heavy Things (LHT) using the angry bird workout 2 times a week : + 1 STR +1 CON if 100%

2*3 sessions done +1 STR ; +1 CON

GOAL 3

Try at least a new primal/paleo recipe every week : 1 WIS + 1 CHA if 100%

3 recipes tried, so its 100% : 1 WIS + 1 CHA

Life Goal :

100% would be 2*3 sessions and  + 1 WIS + 1 CHA

i was short of a session on week 3 so its 80% : so i'll go with +0.8 WIS + 0.8 CHA

so now i'm level 1 recruit

stats STR 1 | STA 2 | DEX 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1.8 | CHA 1.8

hurray !!!!

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Weight in today : 92.1kg son thats -1kg and 102cm waist so thats -1cm.

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Bonus pic: my recipe of the week :

Tomates farcies aux fines herbes!

b6b2417a305cb6f52fae1ac0f681f1fe.jpg

So today I was pretty active for a Sunday! went for a nice walk with my daughter on her bike. Enjoyed the cool sun of autumn [emoji41]

Did my third and bonus workout of the week. Focused I was. I can feel my push ups getting nicer because I'm able now to clench my core and get the right position to have the right muscles engaged. Hard but feels good!

Squats 18/18/16/16/26

Push ups 6/7/6/5/5

Lunges 18/18/16/16/20

Plank 45/30/30/30/40

Table dips 8/10/7/7/11

Getting ready for week 4 !

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

ok trawler good to see you here !!

so, by popular demand :

2 big tomatoes (choose some that will remain quite firm in the oven)

250g minced pork

herbs

2 onion (i had a red one)

1 shalott

1/2 green pepper or red, or both

salt

pepper

olive oil

- preheat the oven 200°C

- remove the top of the tomatoes and keep them apart

- remove the flesh of the tomatoes so it can be used as a container for the meat. keep the flesh aside

- pour salt and pepper inside the tomato

- chop 1 onion,shallot and pepper. Mingle with meat, with salt+pepper+herbs

- divide the meat in 2 and stuff the tomatoes. If you have too much, don't worry !

- put the tomatoes tops back ; sprinkle with olive oil and dispose in a dish that can go to the oven

- chop the other onion. and dispose in the dish around tomatoes, with the removed tomato flesh and remaining meat if some- sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice.

- cook for one hour , 200° C

in the french tradition, you can serve this with rice, but it can be eaten like this, with salad (i had mine with chicoree) if you're oing paleo/primal !!

enjoy !

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

all right Trawler, i'm counting on it !!!!

So back to the usual update

Yesterday : felt like running in the misty morning. I ran. Felt good. ran my first 6 k EVER. How is that even possible, wonders the past me.

next part of the morning was rough thoug. 4 years ago, i was in a train wreck. Some people lost their lives, many were severely injured. I didn't, and i still don't know why. Anyway... i went to the memorial ceremony for the 4th "birthday". Thought i was ok. Found out i was not. good to know.

went back home, dived into work, to get past it for the moment. i wrote an hour, my chapter is beginning to take shape, i think i'll make it.

Watched Mystery, a wonderful chinese movie, beautifully filmed, wonderful actors, startling story.

changed my evening routine, i love to watch me a movie, or one of the series i'm following, but i usually started round 9pm. so i started earlier at 8 pm, as soon as my kid is tucked in her bed, so i could go to bed earlier and tackle that sleep thing. It worked, but i had the most horrible night, i saw litteraly every hour pass by. See above for possible explanation.

So today :

woke up exhausted, so i delayed my workout, i'll do it tomorrow. did my walk thing, post lunch stroll and all. goal 1 is going good. But man do i feel like shit today. ray of light though : watched Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist. If i could be teenager again, i'd sure want to be Michael Cera ! made me want to watch Juno and Scott Pilgrim again. And how charming is Kat Dennings !

so week 5 is beginning in the most awkward way for me.

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%